Stat clamp question? Why worlds?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jun 3, 2022.

1. AJPro Committed Player

Stat clamp makes old content suck…take as long as new …blah blah blah.
    i agree but have a question.
    we were told killing bosses in old content so fast glitched the game…
    Why in the world did you clamp worlds?
    nothing glitchy will happen and with those old worlds you need the stat clamp removed to get anything done.
    seems foolish and extra coding and complexity for nothing other than making those world bosses and missions like impossible to do now.
    Btw to the trols that say form a group and do those missions….you clearly are just trolling and not playing the game.
    Those worlds are ghost towns and being able to two man or three man the missions was the only viable way. Heck even if you can kill calc bot if it takes 20 min…why would you bother….again so stupid and so totally unnecessary.
    • Like x 3
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Everyday AJPro coming with a new lame excuse to ask for clamp to be removed so he can faceroll everything and pretend he is good at the game.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

You can kill the open world bounties by yourself, just build your character better.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

either the clamp should go or the loot locks should go.(in open worlds)
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

AJPro, you are wasting your breathe. The Pro-Clamp camp will never, ever, agree to any kind of compromise whatsoever. It is their way only and you will like it if you want to play any EEG content. They know what's best for both you and the game. You might "steamroll" something & even worse enjoy doing it. What if you hurt the feelings of some new / returning player who is trying in vain to beat an EEG open world boss by coming along a beating it with your end game stats? Or worse, you might get a feat by using your unfair advantage. They really seem upset about that possibility.

Let the old content open worlds become ghost towns, stick to End Game. Yes, it means we only get to enjoy 3 DLCs out of the whole game but at least you get to keep your stats you earned. They can keep EEG & Save the Universe.
    • Like x 6
  6. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Oh good grief. Are you clamped? Really? None of that content is difficult. None.

You mean to tell me you cannot complete any old content because you cannot one shot?

Really? Seriously?
    • Like x 1
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

I guess it's something source marks related, but then they forgot that FOS3/DD/HH exist.... Also look at the Lightning Strikes DLC, you can clearly oneshot bosses in Gotham/Metropolis but not in Central City, what's the reason for that?
  8. Darkwalker Active Player

Point A) Most open world bosses still only take about 3 players. A lot of them can be duoed without much effort. Most can be soloed with effort.

Point B) It's taking you 20 minutes to kill Calcbot in a group???

The open worlds are only ghost towns at certain times, at other times it's really easy to tag along and clear stuff. Thursday and Friday nights I manage to clear these on about 7 chars a week with no hassle.
    • Like x 1
  9. KidKretz Committed Player

i tried to solo trenchmother the other day, ouchie!
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Exactly. Never solo any of these open world bosses, it's too frustrating for something that should be enjoyable & relaxing instead of a stressful 2nd job after you get home from your real life job.

We have other ways of play that are enjoyable in game.
    • Like x 4
  11. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Oh good grief. Are you entertained? Really? None of the clamped content is fun. None.

You mean to tell me that you are actually enjoying playing old content which now takes 5 time longer?

Really? Seriously?
    • Like x 1
  12. Darkwalker Active Player

Am I enjoying actually playing the game rather than going around one shotting everything with zero challenge?

Absolutely.

So are a lot of other players.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If loot locks went away in Open Worlds, the queues that have improved since the clamp would go way down again. After all, why bother running instanced clamped content with a small number of people making things "impossible" when you can just zerg open world bosses for infinite loot.

Similarly removing the clamp from open world would make things terrible for at level players to get actual help to get things done. Most people would just come in, wreck shop and move on to the next. Most people only help out of necessity. And while some do and would continue to help, many would just look out for themselves. All the proof you need of this is right there in many people's requests.
    • Like x 3
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're not clamped in Save the Universe, the content is brought up to our level.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because Gotham and Metropolis are both starting zones for people of various levels. Clamping those areas would cause too many problems. Central City on the other hand is meant for a specific level (which you can't enter until you've reached it).
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

The whole "this camp, that camp" is utterly ridiculous. People can be logical and make sense, doesn't mean they're in a certain "camp" ;) What is also hilariously ironic is that you make claims of people "pro-clamp" not being open to ANY compromise, but some of you making this very same claim can't even be quiet about the clamp for five seconds and won't rest until it is entirely removed. :rolleyes:

The game doesn't just revolve around you and your preference, so i'd say it's about time to accept the fact that the clamp serves a purpose, will be here to stay and just move on. That'd be all. Unless of course you have actual content-feedback on something being in need of adjustment, which isn't the case, it's just the same rant projected in a new thread for the umpteenth time.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You are exactly right, I should keep my opinions to myself. I have accepted that the clamp is permanent which is why I remain in End Game content only.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

You always have the right to express your opinions on a public forum, but so does everyone else, in spite of their opinion not being to your liking or favoring your personal taste.

Yeah, I don't know about that, lol. You don't seem to have accepted anything, if we're being honest. I've seen you derail dozens of threads not even clamp-related by trying to tie the discussion into said clamp and your opinion on it. And again, you have the right to an opinion on a public forum and all... But the same rant over and over and over and over without any actual productive feedback on how to make it better feels rather pointless after the 300th post, and kind of puts a giant needle in the bubble of that "But THEY are the ones unable to compromise!"-angle of yours as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you for the constructive feed back. I will attempt to change my behavior.
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

My sarcasm detector is off the roof, but i'll take it anyway. ;):D
    • Like x 1