A friendly Nintendo Switch question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morrigam, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Morrigam Level 30

So we were told (not explained) that going forward all seasonals, episodes and whatnot would be delayed on switch 2 weeks.

That means for us that every time new content drops in a different server we won't have any kind of bonus week.

We get 3 episodes per year, 5? seasonals/event and the anniversary event. That's like 2 months without bonus weeks if my maths are not wrong.

I understand we are not entitled to bonus weeks, don't take me wrong. However, this is only something that only will affect Switch servers.

Not asking for something crazy like free caps or booster or whatever here. It just seems a little unfair (IMO) to not let any ongoing bonus week at that moment to keep running for us.

If it isn't too much of an issue I'd like to hear our dear community manager thoughts on this.
    • Like x 6
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I am not a Community Manager here (nor anywhere huehuehue), but it does seem unfair, so I presume they will eventually fix this by making switch-exclusive bonus weeks.
  3. DubiousOP Active Player

The current CM has basically said, the delay is because of Nintendo, not daybreak, therefore daybreak is going to do nothing about it. I believe that they are just lazy, or they forget about the switch to the point that they do not submit things for approval until the night before it is suppose to go live, and then cover their tracks by blaming the Nintendo approval process. Another thing that has me worried would be, we were never going to get that hardware update, the only reason we did is because a different project got canceled. Meaning, daybreak considers the current state of the game on the switch console to be acceptable, they planned to leave it this way. Lastly, I think the most revealing comment made by daybreak was one by mepps, where he expressed pride over the unprecedently clean launch of episode 43, he made this comment 10 days after the episode went live for all the servers but the switch (us/eu). It would be 2-3 more days before switch players would find out when we are getting the episode.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sunwukong139 New Player

I wonder if this is a punishment of some kind, since launch on the switch we have NEVER had a delay on seasonal like this and now after the 2 week "clean launch" we're getting everything delayed. Saying it's Nintendo's fault seems like a cop out for lazy devs so they don't have to work as hard to keep all the platforms up to date.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gusion New Player

If this is the case seems unjustified to punish the entire server for maybe 5% of it speaking up and giving their opinions. Really the only question I have is if this is a continuous trend and missing out even on things like seasonals why should I continue to pay premiums? Even if this is not a punishment what if any reason should anyone continue to invest?
    • Like x 2
  6. Arrakhis New Player

I totally agree this is unjustified
  7. Arrakhis New Player

I hate to say this but should we bring this to FTC consumer right protection if they not giving us proper answer
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

This "friendly" question soon turned unfriendly.
  9. Morrigam Level 30

It took an unforseen turn for sure. I understand the frustration tho. We've been left hanging with promises of "is not on you guys, it is on us" as you can see on this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nt-from-the-us-nintendo-switch-server.320397/

We still haven't receive the spring seasonal and it has been almost 3 weeks. We are trying to be understanding, but we get no explanation more than "yeah, delays are on nintendo".
  10. Frightwing New Player

honestly, what little communication we do get feels so dismissive. It's disheartening.
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

On what grounds? Is anyone being deceived? Is anyone not getting something they paid for? I agree it's lousy that because of the delay there is a bonus week they don't get to participate in, but the bonuses are all in game, and therefore have no cash value. I'm not dismissing the validity of OP's complaint, but when you start threatening to bring in government agencies, it's best you know what you're calling them in for.
  12. DubiousOP Active Player

the game is in an unplayable state on the switch, it has been for 3 years. Elite content lags to to the point where it is literally impossible regardless of skill. So when ppl hear they need expensive artis to run elite content, then they pay for the artis, then they try the elite content only for it to NEVER WORK, then yes there is clearly a scam going on.
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Scam is a very specific set of circumstances, poor customer relations, inadequate hardware to run content perhaps. Overestimating the ability of the game's engine to run on certain formats, combined with bad corporate communications between DI and Nintendo? Certainly sounds like it, but it doesn't sound like a scam to me.
  14. DubiousOP Active Player

Charging money for things that dont work, thats a scam ...
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm not going to go round and round on this. I'm just saying that threatening a federal investigation should (a) consider the seriousness of the threat, and (b) think about if their complaint is serious enough to merit an investigation.
  16. DubiousOP Active Player

What experience do you have with this game on the switch?
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

None, but consider this, it took them 6 years from the first complaint, and literally thousands of subsequent complaints to investigate loot boxes. And then when they did, all they issued was a perspective paper recommending that game companies provide further info.

Look, I'm not saying that the argument isn't valid and that the situation isn't awful, it clearly is.
  18. DubiousOP Active Player

While I agree that the player above, may be taking things a bit to far, I can totally feel his frustration. The game feels like a scam to the players that want to do endgame elite content.
  19. Morrigam Level 30

I wouldn't go as far as threaten to involve any kind of government or legal agency. I don't even know if it is applicable, but the fact that they launched a product that barely works and have kept it going for almost 3 years, telling people the issue is being worked and doing nothing but pushing stuff without communication it seems very wrong to me.

And maybe they are actually working, but we got no way to know due to the little to no communication we receive. Just a few weeks ago Mepps himself said things will be pushed 2 weeks and we just took the hit and kept going, but here we are. Almost 3 weeks and still no communication.

Just to be clear. We know DI is going through stuff and that all other platforms have issues as well, but what happens on Switch is way too much.
    • Like x 3
  20. Morrigam Level 30

A list of what GU 125 brought for other servers:
    Fixed a issue where eruptions would kill you after cutscene in the e duo.
    Superman ally.
    Adjustment to bosses dmg in e+ raid.
    Page of destiny fixed for celestial after over 2 years.
    Pride gifts.
    Blue beetle style can be unlocked using replays.

What it brought to switch:
    No bonus week.
    No ally.
    No adjustment to e duo.
    E+ content still not on switch.
    Spring seasonal still not on switch.
    Blue Beetle style still not on switch.
    Page of destiny not fixed on celestial (I haven't actually try this one, but I can bet blindfolded here).

Am I missing anything?