Read me

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Devastating Anger, May 24, 2022.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

The idea that people wanting to work towards the latest OP piece lack self control. Laughable.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

1st of all.. LOL… just LOL…

I haven’t bought any cash at all and am only missing a handful of collections. If you feel you “have” to buy cash than you just want things handed to you. You can farm items to sell. Heck.. there’s a seasonal currently active that is has extremely popular and sought after items that you can sell. What exactly is stopping you from farming then to make money?

As for TCs. Again.. I buy the 15 for the feat then buy whatever I’m missing from the broker. What’s stopping you?

I’ll come back to membership later.

As for the clamp… the most defining stat that determines how easy or hard any content is… skill level. The clamp has been adjusted so much that players can almost steamroll again. There’s enough stats piercing that your stats let you breeze through them. The issue is if you aren’t a good player and are relying on your stats to one shot to be able to get through content. If that’s the case then maybe that’s the stat you should try to improve.

Now…. As for the membership. You are complaining about a lot of feature which the membership can help yet complain that the membership doesn’t offer you enough. Low on cash? Farm multiple toons. Premium get 6 and members get 16 toons. Can’t get more collections from TCs? Farm money using multiple toons to buy the collections. Having a hard time in clamped content? Use alts yo learn more roles and get more practice without having to reset endgame. Not enough nth to level arts? Membership get you kore nth? Not enough stabilizers? Membership gives 500 loyalty which you can use to buy more stabilizers. Can’t do a breakthrough? Membership gives you extra tokens which can be used to buy more seals.

For the first time, membership is not a toon to gate keep players into being forced to buy membership to play. Instead it literally enhances what you get.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have played DCUO without interruption (taking any kind of extended break from the game) AND been a subscribing member since Jan 2014. In all of that time I have never purchased cash from gold spammers. Not only is it against the rules but you are also potentially putting your financial well being at stake if these are unscrupulous entities. I generally don’t trade on the broker, I can literally count on both hands the number of times I have actually used the broker - it doesn’t appeal to for one and the prices are outlandish.

I have an extensive collection of Time Capsules going back prob to the original Time Capsule. I must admit they are hogging valuable space in my inventory. I don’t pay real money to open them, I use the stabilizers I accumulate to open them for free. I will open the 25 or whatever to get the free feat, which is no biggie to me. Some are highly offended that feats are associated with Time Capsules but whatever.

Membership…. I miss the status symbol that membership formerly projected. The original benefits of membership are still there and those the prime reasons I continue to subscribe. The new additions to membership are lack luster to me. I don’t use Allies so ally favor is irrelevant. There is really nothing on the Dr. Fate vendor that I need or want so all of that is adding up. As for the Loyalty Cash I think is what it is called, I now have over $14,000+ .

I HATE THE CLAMP. I will always hate the clamp. I abstain for playing clamped content as much as possible. Avoiding it is what is best for me. I feel the Clamp is punishment for being a successful end game player. It has since hindered my desire to better my end game characters past purple level gear. On the advice of someone here on the Forum, I did go back to Doomed Washington and purchase the gold level gear for the feat. I am told progression is not obsolete but I still can’t shake the feeling of “Why bother, it’s just going to be clamped.” Current DLC purple gear is far superior to any gear in the previous 2 DLCs. I have stopped playing Elite sooo there’s that.

As a league leader, it is my job to encourage all of my league mates to earn as much prestige as possible. I don’t really understand the need for the caps but I would welcome them removed. There must be a reason for them or they wouldn’t exist. Living under the Clamp, league buffs are more important now than ever. So far Thunder_Cats_Only have been able to maintain all league buffs without interruption but I would love to be able to expand and store-up as much league prestige as possible.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You laugh but it's true to extent. How so? On day one of release, there were people selling their picks for 10+ Million a piece and the catalyst for a ridiculous number as well. You could sell your picks to people who are impatient and are willing to pay those ridiculous prices. Then when we are significantly clearly passed the half way mark of the episode's run, keep your picks, and if you need a few here and there, buy them much much cheaper.

Last episode, my luck was so much better than usual, which meant that I was able to complete my OP neck in record time (before the episode's half way mark). I cranked out $300mil in just a couple of weeks. Before the episode was over I could have put 2 or 3 more necklaces on alts, but I chose to continue selling my stuff even at significantly reduced prices. Most of the people I roll with have the "sell high now, build OP items later", and they make good in-game money with that method.

All that to say, a little self-control/patience in the beginning can reap loads of benefits in the end.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And that last bit right there is why things can get so bizarre or even outrageous when it comes to prices on the Broker: people are willing to pay those prices. There are all sorts of reasons why people will pay those prices, but as long as people are willing to pay those prices, sellers will keep posting those prices.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Sssh, you're giving away the game...
    • Like x 2
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

Hit the nail on the head there bucko. This is an MMORPG the point of it is grinding. Youre literally supposed to spend hours on it to get what you ahead. and if you dont want to spend hours then spend money. And on the point that you have to spend money on alts. the game literally gives you a skip token for free every single year . Use that on an alt toon and get another farming toon. If you dont feel comfortable taking it into end game content then run the event mode for the same amount of marks as reg without the source marks. If you need source marks then go run the spam or kill every open wolld boss and do every weekly you can. That right there is about 200-300 marks. When youre done swap toons and repeat. 300 marks is 75 quarks times that by 4 toons and thats 300 quarks a week. Lookie that , in all that farming you were able to save up so much nth metal. about 128,970 ( 1 stack of blues and 3 stacks of green at bare minimum) all week long. Put that on a bank toon and forget about it until the next doubles weekend which maybe once every 6 months use an nth detector from the broker to speed it up a bit . Need money say no more , run omnibus for a chance to get a collection for an op item or run a raid that has a chance to give an item thats worth a feat. Gome/zooe/panoe coue/ hell tsde/tsdr has a chance to drop 2 items thats still worth over 50 mil. And you have 4 toons so thats 4x the chance. If humans can build aqueducts to make the water come to them then you can find a way to make the game work for you without spending money
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

I agree with all that.

But the idea that using your picks instead of selling them is a self control issue is what I find laughable. The person I replied to mentioned using that money for feats, great plan, but the OP item carries feats too.

It’s a valid strategy and you could argue it takes a certain discipline but come on, the idea that anyone keen to get the OP item as soon as possible lacks self control is just silly.

I actually do the reverse. I don’t buy the time capsule stuff off the broker for a while after launch, but I get the OP item as soon as I can, because my character is stuck with a slow grind for the elite gear which takes a couple of months, and I value the stats. I also get to sell hundreds of the OP catalysts on the broker while the price is still high. I don’t claim anyone who doesn’t do what I do lacks self control.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's a personal opinion. Not an attack on your soul.

If you do the math and factor in how little this OP piece actually affects your character versus a typical elite back piece... and couple that with the fact that it shares marks with it due to needing amps to upgrade it... you have to consider that every mark spent on the amps could otherwise be spent on elite gear... and you'd realize that not only are you getting an incredibly minute statistical advantage over just spending your marks on gear... you're also throwing away 100s of millions of cash on a regular basis.

The only people who need this piece asap are the people trying to get world first on elite plus.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Not strictly true. You can buy the amps and earn the picks on alts. The only episode mark cost is the initial 25 for the piece itself. Which you also need to obtain to complete the journal mission. And then there is the four feats attached to levelling up the guitar.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You can get those later though and imagine how many feats you could buy with a months worth of catalysts. If you aren't in the 6 or 7 hundred club... it's probably a lot.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

722SP and possibly one of the richer (legit) players on the EU server. I could penny pinch my way through every DLC and I accept your method yields more money, but I DPS with purple gear and I always have full elite gear on my troll, so the CR and stat boost from completing the OP piece within about 3 weeks come in handy. I’ll never be short of cash, but I’m not wasteful, I am not one of those guys who buys the picks at whatever price. I bought most of mine for about 3.5m and I’ve sold most of my excess for about half that. So it’s probably cost me a couple of hundred million for the luxury of getting the OP piece early. Anyway. I think we’ve both explained our way of thinking pretty clearly, just wanted to be clear about my personal choices and that they aren’t driven by any compulsion or must-have mentality.
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I've been playing for over 10 years and I'm not a multi-billionaire. Main reason, I don't care to be because there is nothing really worth buying and you don't use money for anything other then maintaining main frame, repairing gear, and buying gear. Why do I need billions of dollars for?
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Choosing to NOT participate in the broker game and saying you 'can't make money' are 2 different things. I respect your decision to not grind it out, but to say there is no reason to have money other than buying/repairing gear or putting about 4K into your mainframe every 60 days is just not accurate. There ARE things to spend the money on (Broker, buying replays, trades...assuming you are a member). Feel free to keep ignoring those, but they do exist...and the gist of the thread was that people 'can't' generate the cash to make use of them. 'Can't' and 'don't'....or 'won't' are 3 different things.
    • Like x 1