Has Anyone Noticed The Change?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Asentmah, May 23, 2022.

1. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Am I the only noticing the slight but very impressive texture updates to the world? It seems their doing it every patch and maintenance. Metropolis and Gotham look a lot richer and a lot of the old models except Veronica Cale *poor thing* look a lot richer too.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Hmm. I didn't really pay attention while doing the seasonal but it honestly makes sense to me that they'll do that.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Can't say I've noticed any changes, it looks the same to me.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Might be your graphics card?
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would love it if they did a graphical update. It's most likely a very complex and time consuming thing to do if possible.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Yeah, there have been several sneaky changes to things I suddenly noticed. For instance, if you go to the edges of the Metropolis map near the areas you'd do Calcbot at that mutant creature you''ll see the flags are more detailed and there's a logo on them. I don't remember seeing them this way when I started the game.

Also, if you go to the coast where the escaped prisoners are. Behind the Villain midtown warehouse in Metropolis. Look around a bit and you'll notice seagulls flying around. This also wasn't original there...I think.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as some food for thought, while they may have been sneaking in some updates, it's also entirely possible that those details folks are noticing were just missed in the hustle and bustle of trying to run missions.

DCUO's always had something of a "GOGOGO" mentality present, and even if you don't intend to do so it's very easy to move quickly through content runs. When that happens it's easy to miss the little details, especially if things take a second to load in fully. I remember standing in some locations on Naboo in Star Wars Galaxies and on occasion you'd see a little frog-like creature hop through some of the tall grass, something that you wouldn't see while either running around or zooming along on a speeder bike. Likewise, you wouldn't normally see details like this in the streets of Metropolis...

[IMG]

...when you're running around at top speed or flying high above the streets themselves.

I've also noticed that the Black Lantern rings that try and take over downed GLs and Sinestro Corps members in the outdoor section of Oa Under Siege actually have the Black Lantern emblem on them, and there are even GL emblems all over the soles of the boots in the Scion of Ion gear set.

Personally, I think the details have always been there. We just have to take a second to stop and notice them.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I still haven't noticed any changes on PS4. I played again last night, the Death Metal alert & raid, and we league ran Gotham Zoo, everything still looks like it always does. It would be great though to have a graphic update but it's prob super expensive to do.
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ran fatal exams & the Parademons caught me off guard, w a extremely obvious difference in palette, which is odd, because the ones in death metal aren’t updated
    • Like x 1
  10. Asentmah Well-Known Player

At least I'm not alone in my crazy lol. An example I've seen and know for a fact , there was a change. Is Raven's belt (Love her belt). I remember back when I rejoined the game, during the house of legends dlc. I was admiring Ravens new model and I was seeing if her belt's, lightsource was painted on and it was. Now in the present, I have been recently leveling a munitions Villain and was the doing the Raven Unleashed mission and during a cutscene I noticed her belt's lightsource was not painted on anymore and just following the natural light in the instance. Which 100% tells me *whispers* probably in my delusion they are doing some sneaky texture updates.
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

After defeating Raven, go to the windows on the North size of the room. Look inside at the reflection.

It's looks like its part of Arkham Asylum.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

Well they are planning a graphics overhaul for PS5. So it's possible they are sprinkling in some things now to see how it performs. I just hope we get native 4K 60 FPS on PS5. With updated textures and anti-aliasing.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here's the thing, though: when the graphics pass took place for the addition of the PS4, it was basically just making things look a little sharper and shinier. It wasn't really drastic and done with (what I could tell) still keeping things looking and performing more or less the same across all platforms. There weren't any favorites played for any game platform. They could have taken the opportunity to go whole hog and allowed PC players to max out things for themselves graphically, but they didn't.

I think we'd be looking at the same thing coming for the PS5. So unless a platform like the Switch can handle native 4K and 60 FPS, I think we might be hard pressed to see that in an update.
    • Like x 2
  14. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

We'll just have to see. I assume it will be somewhere along the lines of what Rockstar did with GTA. Sharper image, slightly better textures with a couple of upgraded effects but nothing huge overall. Though I would love to see them completely overhaul the game graphically to meet new systems. Even on PS4 it would see a massive jump from what it is now considering it's looked the same since PS3. But I agree, we probably won't see much difference when it comes out. The graphics haul is for all systems I believe, not just the PS5. I play on PS5 so that's what I mentioned. I'm excited for it though, at least it's an upgrade of some sort. But I'm probably expecting too much out of it lol.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's tough to not get optimistic or hopeful when they announce updates for the game, I think we're all susceptible to that in some way or another. :) Even with those who complain about the game's direction, on some level we all love the game and want to see the best for it. There's nothing at all wrong with that.

I'm just of the mindset that we should be at least a bit realistic about how what might happen, and more often than not past decisions will act as the precedent for what could/will take place. Besides, that way when we DO get a surprise decision, it makes it all the better when it takes place. :D
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I noticed that a few years ago. There are some other windows/reflective textures in the game that reflect a completely different area.
    • Like x 2
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Maybe it's something like the movie Free Guy, where it's a part of someone else's original programming XD
    • Like x 2
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

Oh it ******* was more than that. Added animations, deeper and cleaner textures, lots of clipping adjustments, sharper distance images and a level up in granularity in general.