Free account wide style & material unlocks when?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Comixfan, May 17, 2022.

1. Comixfan Committed Player

I'm sure many will agree that the recent change to orbital strikes, henchmen, & supply drops making them able to be re-used account wide for no extra cost is a long awaited and very welcome change!

Of course, though, that leads to the question of when will we get account wide style & material unlocks for free?

No doubt I'm not alone in having a lot of styles and materials unlocked on my main that I'd love to be able to use on my alts but cannot due to either materials not being unlockable account wide or replay token costs for style unlocks being proihibitively high.

Then there's the fact of why am I being punished for having put in the time and effort to unlock a certain style via an event or loot box/'time capsule only to be unable to use that style on an alt character?

I can now share my orbital strikes, henchmen & supply drops between all my characters for free, why can't I do the same with styles & materials?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Account wide style sharing is already in-game. Materials are on a separate system from styles and they have yet to (and probably will never) discover a way to open that up in the same way.
    • Like x 2
  3. Achikah All About That Base

Unlocking is really what holds my alts back from being fully realized in the design/costume sense. I don't know if making it free will ever be a thing, mainly because I'm sure there's quite a bit of financial turnover from it (I say as someone who's done their fair share of it for my alts.) However, if they ever were to consider it becoming a free, I'd be so down.

It's a longshot, and probably a lost cause, but since I'd love to see it +1 from me.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

If it ever happens, and that's still a big *if* for a couple of reasons, that'd be a big day for the game. Such a thing would never be free nor reasonably priced, but hey... acquiring a bunch of Replay Badges is far easier than getting a hold of a duplicate Ultra Rare Material. I'd pay steep RB prices to style unlock some of my materials. No doubt about it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Comixfan Committed Player

Not for free they aren't, which is my entire point.

They can do orbital strikes, supply drops & henchmen account wide for free, they can easily do the same for styles and no doubt materials as well.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Orbital Strikes, Supply Drops and Henchmen are a completely different system. You have to spend Source Marks and currency just to keep those unlocked in your vendor.

Style sharing is never going to be free, if it was intended to be free they would have done that from the start. Some style pieces are free because they're not possible to obtain anymore. If they ever figure out a way to make material sharing available be prepared to spend a boatload of replay badges.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It’s a f2p game that gives free players daily free stuff and members even more. They need to keep the lights on. They give us bonus weeks and random free stuff all the time. Artifacts, allies, and styles can all be obtained for mostly free. Giving more away isn’t likely. Asking for certain ones to cost less rps or whatever is fine but we can’t be asking for more free stuff and expect the game to keep running
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

Give us everything free, why should we have to pay for anything? They've made enough money, they can pay their own salaries. Free memberships, free lootz, free everything.

Am I sarcastic, or am I not?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i wouldnt say no to a quark vendor discount if i already have the feat for the material. idk how that would work for the mats that have no feats but this might give a starting point...
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Style unlocks have been around for a while, and I'd guess generate a LOT of replay use....I wouldn't hold my breath on them just giving up that revenue for no reason.

I think certain materials COULD be unlockable, if they were distributed by a feat reward. Kind of like how if you buy an OP feat on an alt, that alt is auto granted the OP style variant. That way if you wanted a material on an alt, you could buy the feat and get the grant.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The simple and often ignored answer is...there's nothing to replace the MASSIVE loss of profit. Just last year they removed the last few obstacles that prevented this game from actually being Free To Play. You want MORE free, figure out a suitable replacement for that loss of income.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I just would like for them to reduce and normalize the style unlocks to be more reasonable. You want me to spend $300 on replays in one setting? Make me want to spend $300 on replays in one setting. If the styles were affordable, there would be reason to unlock them on alts.

When they introduced feat unlocking and the fact they were extremely affordable in pricing, I unlocked $300 on a fresh character. It was worth it, but I don't want to spend $10-$20 on a style that I may wear once for a little while.

I doubt style unlocking is making a lot of money for them. Reducing the cost by flattening them to same or similar value per piece would probably invigorate revenue in the system.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tell us you know nothing about how a "for profit company" works without telling us you don't know how a for profit company works. :)
  14. Casey Jaymz Active Player

I think it's a great change tbf! It lets you use your purchased henchmen,OB, SD. whenever you need it so you don't have to keep them in your inventory or bank taking up much unneeded space!
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is a completely different and not so unreasonable ask.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm willing to bet that you'd be surprised how much gets spent on style unlock. Sure, there are likely only a handful of people unlocking an aura or such here and there, but that's not the bulk of style pieces to be unlocked. And with the bulk of them being in the 1 to 50 replay range, that's not as crazy as you might think.
  17. jolaksi Well-Known Player

As a fact the style unlock phases(1 to 4) that included some of the old time capsules (from first time capsule to paradox time capsule), all enhanced styles were free to unlock. Well its mostly related to 8 piece enhanced style sets required plans to craft in R&D. This method changed with introduction of augments. And after that they added enhanced styles to unattuned gears. This is currently how it is now.

So they did start these enhanced style unlocks as free but when they become available on unattuned gears on later time capsules, they kept them unlockable only with replays.

Those enhanced style sets on time capsule 1 to 9 had feats that grant zero feat points. With enhanced style set(Enhanced Fire Soul) of time capsule 10, they started adding 50 points feats to enhanced style sets. With taht reasoning, I can see why they changed them to unlockable with replays.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

The cheapest unlock is 4, not 1.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Look again. I recently noticed a few at one replay...scouts honor.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have also seen a few at 1 but no idea what they were. Last week, I went thru my mains full style list and bought everything he didn’t have to pop a couple of style feats. There were a bunch of 1s in there.
    • Like x 1