Sinister Chroma Pack a no-go...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LegionnaireV, May 17, 2022.

1. LegionnaireV Active Player

Why do they do things like this? A chroma pack for Sinestro that doesn't work with the Parallax costume style made for Sinestro...
    The Sinister chroma blots out the emblem on the Parallax chest. WTH?
    Basically if you want the emblem and not a black spot, you have to not use the Sinister chroma on the chest piece.
    Do they even think when they design this stuff?
    Sheesh!
    I love the game but I hate it when they do things like this, particularly when I spend money to get the thing and it is broken.
    Matching parts that don't fit together is just beyond aggravation.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Does the same thing with all costumes that have a lantern emblem built in. You could just use a different chest piece that has an emblem slot and use the Sinestro Corp Emblem.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

The first lantern styles came out in 2014. The very first chroma came out in 2019 - 5 years after those styles. So yeah... they definitely weren't thinking about how the lantern emblems would react to chromas back in 2014, lol.

There's obviously a reason for why that issue happens, a reason that would probably go over my head. Who knows if it can ever be remedied. What I'd like to see happen is the creation of "Enhanced" versions of those old styles, this time taking material and chroma use into consideration (if it's even possible). If there truly is no solution to this emblem thing, at the very least we'd have newer, shinier versions of the lantern styles. :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Jaelia Committed Player

I think they need to just be updated because when I use impassioned material I can still see the violet lantern/star sapphire emblem on certain style pieces.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Impassioned Material or Impassioned Chroma Material? They work differently. Basic materials cover up the whole style piece with a single retexture. Some materials like the Impassioned Material are slightly translucent so you can see preexisting elements underneath. Chromas on the other hand retexture individual color slots, any part of a style that isn't connected to one of those slots is blacked out. Putting a chroma on any of the clown head or face styles for example blacks out most of the face since only the eyes and makeup are connected to a color slot.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Materials weren't even on the radar when these costume pieces were created. They literally had no clue that this could even be a problem in the future. So as you can see, they couldn't have thought about that in their design at the time when no one was working on materials and chromas....they just literally were not even in the concept stage.
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

You'll probably have to wait until we get the rest of the lantern corps emblems as accessories that float over the chest - like the star sapphire one that came out on Valentines this year.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jaelia Committed Player

Haha I wrote that while on my lunch break at work,
    Yes sir forgive my typo lol :D I meant chromas!!!
    • Like x 1