PS5 port?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, May 15, 2022.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Was it confirmed that the PS5 port would be out later this year or was it pushed back and delayed? I know the team is trying to move everything over to UE5 so I'm not sure if the port would be on hiatus until then or not.
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So far, Ps5 client should be done this year (according to the roadmap).

There is no official news on an engine upgrade being in the works. Mepps also stated on numerous threads that an engine change is highy unlikely.

Ps5 client also doesnt automatically mean better graphics. Its more of a different base, just like changing the game from PC/PS to switch.
    This will enable the devs for more upgrades in the future, targeting next gen directly, but i doubt any of those will make it into the game this year.
    • Like x 1
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

I know it has been put back at least once. I don’t know what the benefits of this will be, hopefully it will lead to fewer crashes. I would estimate that DCUO has crashed my PS5 and put it in a state where I have to disconnect the power cable to turn it back on approximately 30 times in 18 months. No other game or app has done this even once.
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

Nothing of the sorts has ever been stated by the team - not a release date nor the implication that that they're transitioning DCUO to another engine.

The only information available comes from the EG7 investor presentation slides which state "investment in graphics upgrade... for 2023."

And according to the official DCUO Development Updates, the next gen clients are coming in "The Future."
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just hold the power button manually for 10 seconds (on the PS5). It beeps a few times and restarts. It still shows the warning of not turning it off properly tho. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. PickArole Well-Known Player

I don't recommend doing this at all. My s5 gets the portal black screen and crash often. I already lost an external 1 tb adata drive to to improper shutdown.
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well the only other option is to pull the plug. There is no way you can win in that situation. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

I remember when those DEVS sold the dream of the PS4 port as if DCUO was about to make some groundbreaking changes. Nope, more of the same. PS3 support got cut off for what? More of the same should be expected for the PS5 port as well; nothing to get that excited for. Definitely not happening this year, though. As early as 2023 from what I heard.
  9. PickArole Well-Known Player

Errors are recorded and sent to Sony. Unplugging, lose of power etc roll a certain error code that you can get around for warranty reasons if need be. Holding reset I'm sure would get that canceled out. Don't quote me, but thats a good assumption.