Earth DPS Pet Build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rahkayo, May 11, 2022.

1. Rahkayo Active Player

When i first switched to earth i looked far and wide for a good pet build. Nonetheless everyone i found was less than adequate. This build is i meant to help all those out there looking to go earth but do major damage and not compromise team by going melee. In order to make this loadout work to the best of its capabilities both Source Shard and M.E.R.C.Y have to be 200 and 160 for Quizlet.

ST LO: Pebble blast - sandblast - m.e.r.c.y skill - godwave - crystal- entomb

AOE LO: Upheaval - Movement Aoe Skill ( spindraft works best) - M.E.R.C.Y skill - gowave - entomb

Arts: source shard - quizlet - M.E.R.C.Y - E.O.G "TIP" ( You can M.E.R.C.Y/ Godwave/ Swap to eog/ ult/ fortify golem/ swap back to M.E.R.C.Y)

Trinkets: Might buff - Supply drop - orbital - motherbox. ( Do no run henchmen unless you die and motherbox is on cooldown) Henchmen can be a damage loss if godwave is applied to any single hechmen.

For those that may like to see this rotation in action, I can post videos of both loadouts as well as comparison videos of other earth pet dps rotations.

Feel free to ask any questions
    • Like x 2
  2. Rahkayo Active Player

Also ive been playing since the release of quantum so if you have questions about other powers including other power pet builds i will be happy to help.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Definitely would like to see vids. I’m all about pet builds but main sorcery. Been thinking if I have enough source marks by the next double that I’d turn my ice toon into earth
  4. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Interesting find in regards to henchmen. I guess I’ll give MERCY another shot.
  5. Rahkayo Active Player

I am currently out of town for work but ill make sure and try to get those videos uploaded by this saturday. Im for sure a big fan of the pet dps side for earth. Not only that but the m.e.r.c.y art is an amazing 3rd artifact for brick tank build if its maxed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rahkayo Active Player

Yea I actually was testing the use of henchmen (Circe Beast/ water golems) because my damage left much to be desired at times in raids and i could never pinpoint as to what was causing it. Busted out the PC and got to work and quickly realized how dramatically they could lower my dps. Testing was originally done for myself and friend that runs sorc pet but i thought i should share that tidbit as most pet users may not know. Ik its a lot to ask but i hope gowaves gets chaged to not target henchmen so i could run them withought having to worry.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, I’ve been telling people since source came out not to use henchmen. And really, even when using source/ quislet/ grim for sorcery, I use turrets vs trinket pets. It’s fine if the buff goes to the trinket pet vs grim but if it takes it from quislet during a supercharge or a fed fury, it’s no good. Turrets can steal the buff also so I always suggest hitting gw and offering then dropping turret and not hitting gw again till the turret is done. Basically pet builds shouldn’t use too many pets. I was running boo belt on my aoe for awhile and they kept taking my buff away from fury so they’re back in the bank and haven’t touched them for a long time.
  8. Rahkayo Active Player

Yea i would def agree with the use of turrets if someone desides to run grim instead of mercy but its hard to reccomend grim when mercy provides the same pi from pet and makes motherbox or other trinket pet always come off cooldown as soon as it goes away. Plus at least for motherbox, it does so much more damage than grim.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m curious on the godwave timing. So definitely will be watching your vid. On test, I couldn’t find a great way to implement fury and since the mercy attack is projectile based, it made fury miss more often vs he never misses using the original setup. Plus the timing of godwave was soooo different.
  10. Rahkayo Active Player

I gotcha because the timing with godwave and mercy is for sure weird but its a bit better at the same time. I can also post a vid of how i art swap to eog while using mercy for more damage because you can mercy/ godwave/ transfer art/ ult/ then fortify golem/ swap back before mercy is off cooldown if fast enough
    You can even mercy/ use spam skill/ then godwave of it came back incase godwave was down when you activated mercy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rahkayo Active Player

Sorry for any typos.
  12. Rahkayo Active Player

EARTH DPS VIDS
    ST LO:
    Henchmen Rotation:
    Jackhammer AOE:
    AOE Ranged:
    EOG SWAP:
  13. Rahkayo Active Player

Vids are up. Also with mercy always save godwave until after your can hit mercy skill or you will lose so much damage and as you will see in last video of eog swap. I was able to get godwave on both the mercy hit, quizlet skill for an ult use, and on fortify golem itself. Then i swap back hit first skill then mercy but the second mercy wont be affected unless i get another godwave proc. If godwave doesnt proc after mercy. use single target spam skill once, in this instance its pebble blast, and if it comes off cooldown hit godwave. If godwave comes off cooldown any other time save it and use it after you hit mercy again. Also if mother box would come off cooldown after activating mercy but godwave is up you would want to activate mercy, summon mother box, then activate godwave.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rahkayo Active Player

Forgot to mention that I run cyborg when using either AOE LO. I prefer melee lo for reg add and the other one for elite. You just have to mind your placement for upheaveal as well as targer the correct enemy with aoe skill as it creates an aoe around target. I can record various test of other builds for earth as well on test server but none of those would compare to the damage of these.
  15. Rahkayo Active Player

I totally forgot to test lo with acrobats and the acrobat aoe skill works better as it hits harder and the by the way it targets. Thank you to the one that messaged me to try acro as well.