Artifacts Enabled Or Disabled?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reluctant, May 9, 2022.

1. Reluctant Well-Known Player

It would be cool to have an artifacts enabled and disabled option in the settings for instances.

So if it is enabled or on, you would get put into instances with artifacts enabled.

If it is Disabled or off, The artifacts you have would be disabled for the instance.

It is up to the player to choose!
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You mean like similar to just unequipping them?
    • Like x 4
  3. Reluctant Well-Known Player

it would affect the whole group in the instance, so everyone's artifacts would be disabled or enabled!
  4. Reluctant Well-Known Player

I think it would make things more challenging , elite is easy at the moment with artifacts, I have passed elite duo a couple time no healer or tank, although there was a brick, but he did die quick! No artifact heals either!
  5. Reluctant Well-Known Player

I understand there will be a lot of pushback because some people rely on artifacts
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You said it was up to the player to choose and then said it’s a group thing to make things harder. So it’s not a personal choice. And if the group as a whole wanted a challenge and were willing to que into this they the group can also just take off their arts as a whole too. This would be a pointless feature
    • Like x 2
  7. Reluctant Well-Known Player

I said it was up to the player to choose; referring to the option to que into an instance with artifacts enabled or disabled.
  8. Reluctant Well-Known Player

what if the group is a pug, or random or omnibus? some people do not read chat, voice chat, so how would that decision get made unless there is a setting for artifacts enabled or disabled?
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But that’s the thing. You originally mentioned that this would be a personal choice. But you’re saying that if it is a random que some may not listen and do this. This means you want to enforce this unto other players meaning not a choice up to the individual
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’m against anything that further reduces my stats that I earned. Enough is enough.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reluctant Well-Known Player

It is a personal choice if the player chooses the artifacts enabled or disabled option, they could choose either one in the setting! Similar to role optional or allowing placement to instances in progress, when the buttons are on those options are enabled when the button is off the options are not enabled
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That would be a pointless feature to program if the overwhelming majority of players would not use it. After all, who would pay whatever they have paid to rank up artifacts only to disable them??? Who would go through the process of all that, including changing their whole play style to then disable their artifacts???

Here's something you need to realize...the number of people who genuinely want a serious challenge in this game is significantly low. The reality is that unfortunately the majority of the playerbase is either fine with content difficulty or they find things are hard enough already.
    • Like x 1
  13. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Bro, the “no artifact” queue would be slow as heck. If you want to do this, you would be better off building the group yourself.
    • Like x 2
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This will be a dead feature in no time.

I wouldnt mind getting some feats in that manner however. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah... it would be yet another added feature that takes a lot to implement and be abandoned shortly after that would just hurt the player base as a whole.

I think OP would be better suited to just ask for an overhaul of the artifacts. It at least would put towards a system that is working... That is to say, I don't think an overhaul is needed, just balancing.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Just forget I even asked, why is there no delete function for threads?
  17. Clown College New Player

I would much rather have an option to opt out of stat clamping or agree to be clamped , oh the dream......