Bump 21 days down to 10-14

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, May 3, 2022.

1. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Is 21 days of logging in for the legendary reward a lot to you guys? We already paid our 15 bucks, why aren't we just granted the days that we missed at the end of the month?
    • Like x 2
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I’d make some popcorn to eat, but pizza will suffice. Well, this happened months ago and we got 21 days and the rest is just useless marks. And if all we had to do is log in last day of the month, then why bother playing the game if you won’t play it the other 30 days? I get what you are saying, mostly, but perhaps look at it from a different perspective.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You get *lots* of extra stuff in the daily rewards system because you are a member.
    • Like x 4
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Is logging in 21/(28-31) days in a month REALLY that onerous? You don't even have to claim them every day, just log in. That gives you like 25% of a month to just blow off and only miss out on a few Fate tokens.
    • Like x 5
  5. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

typically I only play the game on Thursdays/Friday, once Ive ran my raids/weekly's I'm done for the week. Im sitting at 370 already just by playing these last few weeks since the DLC dropped

This is true, but I still cant understand why it cannot be dropped from 21 to 14. from 3 weeks of log ins to two. also, all the things that I personally deem worth you get within the first week, the cats and stabilizers
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No
    • Like x 2
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Would be a nice perk to convert undesirable day 21 rewards into 1 or 2 destiny tokens (what it would be worth thru fate)
    • Like x 2
  8. myandria Item Storage

Yes, it is; we get non-members AND members rewards simply by logging in. The best part is that you dont lose any of those rewards if you have logged in and don't claim them by the end of the month; they are auto-granted to the character that you log in when the new month starts.

You can't get much better than log in, rewards auto-granted, log out.
    • Like x 4
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, plus if you DO miss the big day 21 reward for any reason, the worst that happens is a few months more of waiting and then it's added permanently to the Fate vendor so there's really no way to be truly screwed over.
    • Like x 2
  10. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

No. There is another MMO that I play that also has a Daily Rewards Calendar. When that MMO first implemented their Daily Rewards Calendar you had to login 28 days each month to take full advantage of the rewards offered. But enough players complained that they shortened it to 21 days while also removing 75% of the premium items that were offered in the 28 day Calendar. The items offered now aren't all crap but they're also not all that great either. The ONLY item offered that's worth anything is the Day 21 item. Its a premium item that would otherwise cost you real money IF it's offered in their Store.

Also, unlike DCUO's Calendar where the simple act of logging in each day of the month is enough to allow you to collect everything from all the days you've logged in, in this other MMO you actually HAVE to collect each day's items in order to unlock eligibility for the next day's. If you don't collect that day's item it remains the current item until you do collect it - the Calendar does NOT advance - and once you do collect it you HAVE to wait until the next day to unlock the next item in the Calendar. DCUO, you just login in each day for a few seconds then logout and then on Day 22 or whenever you can collect every day that you've logged in that month. This other MMO - nope!
    • Like x 3
  11. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

I Have A Question Kinda Of Topic But Lately Monthly Gear Awarded Has Been Unlockable But Currently It Is Not
    Is This Intended For This Month Since Its Enhanced Bat Metal Or A Bug ??
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

mmmm, how to recreate the login system into... "Only the total number of log-in days are taken into account by the Daily Tribute system, regardless of player hiatus, i.e. a player who logs in consecutively for 7 days, skips a day, then logs on the day after will still receive their 8th accumulated log-in day" Warframe's login reward system is not too hot, not too cold, eez just right. If DCUO were to implement something similar, give out the rare style loot every 20 or 25 days?
    Just a suggestion. Monthlyness begets tardiness due to life stuff more often than not. imho
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm not understanding what you mean. What you describe is how the system works. As in, you get Day 8 rewards on YOUR 8th day logging in.
    • Like x 4
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, plus the last several days of Fate tokens provides players a grace period to build up those days if need be as well. I also appreciate that it's a nice little way of making it so that during said grace period, people who've already gotten through all 21 days still get at least a little something as they wait for the next month's set of rewards BUT not anything too big that players that don't reach those last few days aren't like super screwed over or anything. And worst case scenario is they have to wait a little extra time until the day 21 reward they missed is added to the Fate vendor so there's really no way to truly get screwed out of it even if you miss the whole month or aren't a member at the time and become one later. Just gotta have patience. It's the most forgiving and lenient exclusive item system I think I've ever seen. I get being bummed at missing it initially, but the consequences are so mild I really don't see any point in complaining about it. But I guess there's just always gonna be complaining... especially on the internet and especially with gamers. :p

I am also confused what argument they were trying to make by describing a basically identical system in another game and then saying DCUO should use something like it. Maybe it's just clunky phrasing? Not sure.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It's not a monthly setup/restriction, it's a continuous number system. No penalty for not logging in, ever. the number of logings continues to contribute towards an endless total. vs monthly. achieve this # per month (with later days in the month rewarding specific currency less useful to veterans. might consider a drop table, continue the table used before the rare loot style. include Exobyte stacks in game loot generally. I'm not a fan of touring gotham for exobytes while waiting on a pug or Omnibus to pop. just to increase the exp from other dropped loot that was salvaged.) vs play when when u can and get it without time sensitive releases due to monthlyness.

It's why I'm taking a break, so many systems, and the daily gameplay tasks are collect 24 wolf pelts. one might see in every mmo starter zone.

-.- ;) DCUO 2.0 take the lead from Fortnite, not WOW. Have an active map changer over time, survival mode and other modes. I played fortnite for a week early. not a fan of the building. left ASAP. Now it's got zero build solos. F yeah. I've got BF2142 and unreal tournament vibes... extra toppings are the seemingly weekly skins to buy with in game earned currency or paid for currency to a plethora of alt IPs. At the core, the gameplay is fun to me, and the cosmetics are varied and not attributable towards any advantage in gameplay performance.
  16. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly but the current Enhanced Bat Metal gear offered in May's Calendar IS unlockable across all characters on your account (my account, at least - I don't see why I would be able and not anyone else...?) for four Replay Badges each.

Check your alts for "Enhanced Bat Metal" style and see for yourself? I hope this helped.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope. 21 is fine for me.
    • Like x 1
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...
    I assume you want DCUO to be turned into a Freestyle MOBA, correct? Since DCUO is under the helm of WB/DC comics, we will never get that "free build". That could be a topic for another thread; "Would you continue to play DCUO if it had elements of a MOBA like Fortnight?
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

20. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Thanks Yea They Jus Changed It In The Last Hot Fix
    It Wasn't On The First Days