The day our characters talk...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, May 3, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

I know this can be silly considering all the problems the game has, but allow myself to dream, would it be very difficult for our characters to have voices? I'm not saying that they should say the name of the attack they use (that would be very anime but i cannot deny i would love it) but at least certain expressions or shouts. Even they could speak in some scenes with generic voices would be very nice, other games do... why here not?
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

Mepps answered this when I asked about it:
    • Like x 3
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bruh...if they add voices and we can't shout the name of our attacks...it will be opportunity wasted.

FALCON PUNCH!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. GermanM Committed Player

I get your point, but im just finish the Starro Challange (sorry im terrible for the names, is that in what you speak yo Mera after you save flash) and i think...Would be very nice if my character could speak with her, we have a lot of situations like that in game and i believe that will be a plus.
    Besides, they can add let´s say, 5 voices so you can choose the one who like you more, besides they can add an option so you can choose hear only you character.

Just read again what he said... and in the end all is because they dont want to pay more voices?
    • Like x 1
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Agree xD that why i tell i would love it.
  6. Eve YouTuber

I am totally in favor. But I also think Mepps is right. I do love it when my Guild Wars 2 character talks, just not when she repeats the same annoying "I can outrun a centaur" line lol
    • Like x 1
  7. GermanM Committed Player

... Ok, im not from Germany, i am form Venezuela and my name is German, like my father before me xD (?)
    I can only speak english and spanish.
  8. GermanM Committed Player

I hate that line too...
    • Like x 1
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Sorry, 5 wouldn't cut it. I'd need at least 29, one for each character that I have. And there would need to be a variety of accents for them to sound like my characters (Scottish, Irish, Haitian) to name some of them.
    • Like x 4
  10. GermanM Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Let's make it customizable. Have the game play an "attack1.wav" "attack2.wav" which we can replace with our own lines and only we would hear.

I know, I know...there would be no limit to the depravity that would go on, and DC would never let that amount of player control over their "brand". We'd be the only ones hearing it, and if someone were streaming it, wouldn't they be able to play whatever sounds anyway?
  12. myandria Item Storage

Agreed! I would need more than one for each of my characters, as I would want to voice them for each costume they have. So, if I would need 5 different voices for 1 character that has 5 costumes. I would need about 50 or so.
  13. ghosts Well-Known Player

I would be content with my sorc healer character screaming "shazam" like Black Adam does on legends pve when she casts invocation of renewal. Is it too much to ask? xD
    • Like x 1
  14. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Lol Yeah That Would Be Fun

Jus Call It Out Tho When Your In Instance Chat
    Trust Me You'll Feel POWERFUL

SHAAAZAM !!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. ghosts Well-Known Player

When LPVE week was happening, l did that with a friend and use Black Adam all the way. Let's just say l pressed "3" until it stopped being funny, and then some xDDD told my friend l would do a request in the forums to make it an iconic power. l mean, if male characters can use the canary cry, why cant female characters scream "SHAZAM!" like crazy? doubt it'll happen though
    • Like x 1
  16. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Lol That Would Be Insane If A Iconic Could Do That

I Think There Is A Iconic Power That Brings Down Lightning
    I'm Not Sure If It's Still There I'm Electric So I Can't Remeber & I Haven't Looked On My Alts Because My Theme Differs From That
    • Like x 1
  17. ghosts Well-Known Player

Yeah, its "word of power" but it doesn't make you go "shooo ZAAAAM":( l would legit switch invocation of renewal for that if l could randomly scream shazam during raids
    • Like x 1
  18. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Lol Yeah Unfortunately It Does Not

But Hey You Could Just Go With Saying It

SHAAAZAM !!! During Your Battles

Next Best Thing
    • Like x 1
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's a nice enough idea, but a huge nay from me. the voices that I have in my head for my two mains, especially, are far too distinct.
    • Like x 1