Advice For Precision!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Casey Jaymz, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Hi there!
    I was recommended to switch from might to precision as an Electric DPS user so I need some help to get pointed to the right direction.
    My options are!
    -Switch my main from Might to Prec. (stats in signature)
    - Make a new skipped toon
    - Use my alt Elec Dps CR257/95SP
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I mean tbh, you gave no explanation as to why you want to switch other than because x people recommended it. All your options are your choice and they all do the same thing in the end? What's your goal?
    • Like x 3
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

If you want to go Prec DPS and be 100% meta-slave

Superspeed Movement

Dual Wield into Flurry Shot WM for Single Target
    Brawling into Shuriken Storm WM for Multi Target

You want Omac-Trinket

You want Trans / Strat / Grim and EoG.

Loadout for ST
    Tornadopull - Weaponbuff - Phase Dodge - Whirling Dervish - Robo Sidekick (or 2500 SC for EoG Spam) - Circuit Breaker

Loadout for MT
    Arc Lightning - Weaponbuff - Dervish - That other Superspeed Clip where you run a circle - Robo (or SC) - Circuit Breaker

Electricity is strong on prec and might. The really strong thing about Electricity is Circuit Breaker. Its just strong.
    • Like x 1
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I agree with a lot of this, but heres some more points.

- The Quislet is a good alternative for grim if you don't have Power Interaction issues. Builds supercharge and for groups with less green circles can allow more circuit breaker spam.

- The reason most people (from my friend circles anyway) switch from Electric Might to Electric Precision is the single target. Might rotations are just lacklustre compared to other powersets.

- Phase dodge has been phased out by some of my friends (excuse the awesome pun), they're favouring fast animation moves instead and only clipping into weapon buff with tornado pull or whatever they have in that slot. This is largely to do with them having over 200 sp in their might stats and wanting to utilise more of the powerset. Not a recommendation for lower sp players at all, but definitely a consideration to make.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

Agree with those.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Prec is a little hard to pull off well with 95 SP. I think most precision users are high on the scoreboard because they have 500-600 skill points and can max out precision while putting a hundred or so into might also. I caution you that switching is fine but I wouldn't expect electrifying results. (did I just one-up onewholaughed there?)
    • Like x 1
  7. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I may have sparked something but your gusto sure did shock me.

Check & mate.
    • Like x 1
  8. Casey Jaymz Active Player

The choice to switch is mine alone I don't need to give an explanation as to why I want to switch bc it's irrelevant to what I need in order to do so in a timely fashion that won't take overly long to complete!
  9. Casey Jaymz Active Player

It's an alt my main has over 400SP
  10. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Appreciate you for this!
  11. L T Devoted Player

I wasn't casting judgement. My point was, really, that part of Precision's strength is that when you're done maxing out precision, you can still increase your damage out pretty dramatically by putting skill points into Might.
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Okay well I was just trying to get an insight so I could further help you but you're right. I don't need an explanation and nor do I want one now lol. Good luck asking for future help if that's the response you wanna give back.
  13. Casey Jaymz Active Player

On that contrary, I assure you I didn't perceive your msg as you said, casting judgement. I accept all advice when it pertains to certain things in this game, so knowing both the pros & cons would allow me to make the right decisions based on the information I've gathered from the replies of said post!
    • Like x 1
  14. Casey Jaymz Active Player

The others didn't reply this way, so why are you? Seems as though you're trying to start problems on a post that's asked for some advice on something in-game related. When I make a post I'm looking for suggestions, advice etc not attitude & ******** remarks or questions of my post in general as it will only get a negative response in return either from myself or others that come across this to share their advice. Why not just share your knowledge with a note that this is what I have for you if you have any questions feel free to ask me as I'm not sure as to exactly what you're looking for at this time. I'm an easy guy to talk & work with if approached properly.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re being way to defensive. Nothing he said was negative in any way. He simply asked why you were going precision. I’m your initial post you mentioned being told you should probably go precision since you were electric. This implies you were doing so because of others. So his question was very valid.

Switching to precision is not some magical playtime that will double your damage overnight. So asking questions as to why you were switching could help others actually help you improve. Maybe he could’ve found out that you actually wanted to stay might and then the community could’ve helped you there. Or maybe you really did want to go precision in which case people would help you there. But that “only reply how I want you to reply” is going to put of others who would have wanted to help.
    • Like x 1
  16. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Would Mercy art be a good alternative for grim if PI is an issue? Got the PI interaction, shorter pet cooldown, mid-range AOE, the Combat protocal thing also generate quite some supercharge. Only downside would be you needa cast it actively, unlike grim.
  17. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

It's an option, yeah. Requires a tray slot to really get the most out of it though IMO
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would argue that those people dont pay your sub and you can play how you like..

if your doing it because someone beat you that was precision on the BS scoreboard
    I would say play with your loadout

if your doing it because you dont like using your super powers in a super powers game
    then yea do that
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

That's the thing. I understood your post as being sarcastic or non helpful in helping me helping you. On my end it come off as rude. I guess it works both ways. I tried to offer my help by asking what you were trying to do. And you blew me off by telling me and I quote "I dont have to explain, act ect" so my apologies but like you, I'm an easy going person. It works both ways. Apologies for the miscommunication.
  20. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Hi there!
    I have made my decision and have made a new character, so I can have a sole precision weapon DPS as well as a superpowered might DPS! I have taken everyone's advice on this post & would like to say thank you very much for providing me with some info as it helped make my decision. Thank You All & Have A Blessed Hump Day! Happy Grinding!!:D