EEG Catalysts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aetrius, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Aetrius Well-Known Player

The amount of different catalysts that are in the game now is just out of control. We had that issue with currency, so they changed everything outside of the most recent 3 episodes to Source Marks. Why not do the same thing with catalysts? Just have one generic set of cats for EEG augments, and one generic set for obsolete OP pieces and cut down on the insane amount of inventory clutter.
    • Like x 11
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

I can dig it.
    • Like x 1
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

100% agree..

But it would also be nice if we can convert the current catalyst we have into the newer catalyst whenever the change happens.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They could auto convert the old catalysts into the new catalysts. They have done it before with currency and various items.
    • Like x 2
  5. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Either way would be fine.

When I read that, the first thing that popped into my mind was when they turned the older R&D items into obsolete items worth 20xp and for some reason that is what I thought would happen. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

I can't see that happening, TBH. Old currencies only convert backwards to SM, not forwards to the new Episode Currency, and I imagine that Catalysts would follow the same strictures?
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

+10000 To this, inventory is getting out of hand, in fact I would argue EGG augments as well, since they're getting out of hand as well and have to scroll down too much to get to where I need to be if you add the artifacts
  8. Aetrius Well-Known Player

For augments it would be better if they left the stats on the augs (might, dom, resto, etc.), but tied the bonuses (protection from effects, more chance for drops, etc.) to the feats like they do for the discount on gear. So once you have the feat for getting the aug to 10 for example, the bonus is permanent on your character whenever you're in the appropriate content.
    • Like x 3
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

They have converted older currencies to newer currency several times in the past. Marks of Triumph and Marks of Fury got converted into a new Marks of Victory when they got released, then Marks of Victory, and like 3 DLC currencies got converted into the Source Marks we have now when it was released.

Also when Starro the Conqueror first came out it was a "Large Event" and it dropped a unique currency called Spores that later got converted upwards to the new Atlantean Crowns when they turned it into the Deluge DLC we have now.
    I remember that causing a bit of problems as some players could afford everything off the vendor before the DLC even got released.

But anyhow, it also wouldn't really be the same as a new episode currency, as they wouldn't really help with anything that is brand new to the game.

I think the primary goal here is just to declutter the game/our inventories and make it much easier for newer players to get those older feats/augments done that require those catalyst, especially if they put them on a like the episode vendor for source marks.. *hint hint* :D
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes. I completely agree with shutting down the huge number of Catalysts - both because it's just insane right now and, as you say, newer Players aren't going to have to try and collect stuff that only drops from specific content - particularly since some of it is Legendarily meagre in drop rate... I'm *still* collecting enough Monitor Energy to complete that OP piece. And with the drop rate and requirements, I imagine I'm not the only one.

It's also a waste of a reward slot in Omnibus to be giving us Catalysts we no longer have use for. That could be filled with the Generics. Useful if we haven't finished something, tradeable or saleable if we have. Much like the Collection pieces that Omnibus Rewards drop.

When they consolidated Artifact Catalysts into three, it worked just fine. They can still make episode-specific Catalysts, but in the same way the Episode Currency devolves into SM... have the Episode Catalysts devolve into the generics. For both Adaptive Augments and Omnipotence Gear. THAT way we can still broker them, because people will want them always - and we have less clutter to worry about. This may be a bad fix, for reasons. But it's a starting point for the Devs to consider, perhaps?

My only suggestion is that being able to trade Catalysts *up* to newer ones is a non-starter. Not at a 1-to-1 rate, anyway. I'd suggest a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio, but as we often find (e.g. in the Death Metal Batman Testing Thread) the Devs have a different idea to us as to what's appropriate.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd be down with that. And if it's tied to some sets having different drop rates or requiring different amounts of cats to level up Adaptives or OP gear, have a converter where you can change a single generic 'catalyst' (drops in EEG) into say JLD dark spores or whatever. 1 drop cat gets you the green one....2 gets you the blue variety...3 gets you the purple one on whatever ep set you are working on. Or have 3 'generic' ones....a green, a blue and a purple that are good as replacements for all Origin augs.

Better to just have the generics like we have the unified Artifact catalysts, but I'd take a step at a time. That way your inventory doesn't fill with worthless catalysts and the ones you do get would stack....either 1 stack...or 3. Better than the 100 we have now.
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I agree. But yeah for sure some catalyst are just far more common than others, those that are really common should have a 3-1 conversion ratio vs the others that are more difficult to obtain.
  13. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

This right here.

And if you play both roles that’s 2 sets of augs for each episode. And even if you switch augs most likely you’re going to have the latest episodes imprinted to your armory. So if you need to hit your armory in the middle of a run, now you have to go back into your inventory and put the right augs back in…

It’s just a mess
    • Like x 1