Can't complete Metal Part I

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarlett Jaxx aka Zodiac, Apr 8, 2022.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For reals. Games would only have an actual 1-2 hours of total gameplay start to finish but it literally took you a year or two to beat them because that's how long it took to commit 1-2 hours of precisely timed button pressing to muscle memory well enough to only make a handful of mistakes for the entirety of the attempt.
    • Like x 1
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

So an update for me. I got this the other day on my main account via omni, and i can say, i did way more dmg to mirror master on my max level than i did with my min level. it took about 4-5 bubbles and he was dead.

however, i tested it and i could still only take about 3-4 bubble hits before dying AND still had the same problem with rolling out of the bubble ONCE i saw it spawning under my feet, and that was that i STILL took damage halfway thru my roll, despite trying to roll out of the way in time.

it seems the only good strategy i found was to run around until a bubble spawning, but since you are running, you dont take dmg if you keep moving, rolls ARE NOT fast enough to get out of it, and once it spawns and you are not in it, do a quick rotation and then start running more PRIOR to one even showing up. rinse and repeat seems like it works. on my min level it took me a lot more bubbles to down mirror master and is super hard, but on max level it was a cake walk with my single target earth dual wield bow shooting him.

which leads me to the problem with this boss. it is SUPPOSE to be the first boss in the metal story, the introduction, therefore, in keeping with our Mike Tyson comparison, this fight should be glass joe level of fun, not mike tyson level hard. at least that is my opinion.

welp, any reader today or future reader, i hope the tips i posted help if they dont touch this fight and make it a tad easier. best of luck out there!
  4. Time Beacon Active Player

If you can’t do this boss I wish you luck in the red death fight!!! Damn
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

The Metal Mirror Master fight is kinda weird with how it can be utter torture for one toon and a total breeze for another. I remember it being infuriating on both gadgets toons I ran it on but being super easy and quick for my quantum toon. I always figured her being ranged when both gadgets are/were primarily melee, but my atomic toon is also pretty ranged and also struggled with it at first. The atomic toon's run was still easier than either of the gadgets' runs, though. Once I switched her over to tank it got so much better and I was actually able to beat him. And I just used a loadout off the internet, lmao. IDK if the same would work if you switch to another support role instead of DPS or if it's just tank in particular that made the difference. The fight wouldn't be nearly as bad if not for those fraggin vortexes, tbh. They are so annoying.

All in all I have no clue if going into controller mode would help, but something ranged in some way is definitely helpful. Also moving and not sitting still too long (might need to just run/roll around or block at some points and wait to attack when you have an opening) as well as a shield are also helpful, as others have pointed out. Another thing is to have a good handful of things to keep your health and power up and/or defend you some like a good healing move included in your loadout, a pet or ally that heals you some over time, and a good Soder cola (ideally the Ultimate Soder Cola, can get some from Doctor Fate in HOL if you need to), etc. You do, though, have to time your use of them (including the health barrel in the fight area) well. Might take a few tries to get a feel for things and get your timing down.
  6. Godtr0n Active Player

You can pretty much melt mirror master before he evens gets his first mirrors out now using just trinkets, ally and a damage SC
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you stand still and burn him, he will stand still and burn you harder. If you dodge and weave, he can't do that. There's no secret to it. You just have to be prepared to not burn either him or the second boss whilst standing still.

This has been said over and over - and at considerably more length than this post.
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Assuming that the OP can't do that, then tactics are key.
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Everybody is going to hit this problem to unlock Metal Part I.

Many people have given the same advice:-

Bring a Shield / Heal.
    Don't stay still.
    Use fast, hard-hitting powers.
    Block.

If the solo is still unbreakable, then it's the way you are playing.

Having said that, there is no way in Hell that a small piece of content should block you from the majority of that content. I'm guessing they intended to teach you the skills you needed to beat Brainiac in a timely manner? But "timely" is not "still can".
    • Like x 1
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

So that solo was the reason I was able to get my account to over 4 billion easy in game cash. First boss dropped the trick Lapel and it was really hard 4 casual dps to beat. There are strategies to beat mirror master one is go in with a full supercharge just for him and be sure you have a shield and a supply drop. Try to use powers that can do damage as you move. If you have a death blossom pet use it cause it can heal you and if you don't your in luck cause it is a spring event pet
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Holding off till a pool (what I think you mean by bubbles) forms is a decent enough strat. I know MOST of the time I had any issue with MM was when I was on a toon using a move like heat Vis where you could be locked in place when the pool formed, then the jump cancel meant a crucial delay. I'd make sure to use quick...mobile moves...till the pool formed then drop a heavy hit on him in the 5 seconds till the next one. Mobility is the key....shields too. MM is a cake walk once you have the rhythm down, even on low toons.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...breaks my heart, got a War Gauntlet (out of the Omni box) the other day....listed for like 19m under like 8 others....and it didn't even sell. That run was guaranteed 100-200m if you got either of the good collections at launch.