Titans Targeted Alert: 4 DPS Couldn't Beat It :(

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KidKretz, Apr 20, 2022.

1. KidKretz Committed Player

I tried this alert tonight, we were all at max level, after 37 mins and most of us in double digit deaths, I just had to quit because I didnt see how I could have completed this with 4 of us in DPS mode. For one attempt at the final boss cyborg i did switch to tank, but we were unsuccessful as a team.

Me personally, I had twice as much dps as the rest and still to no avail. the one cyborg attempt he started out not targeting me, but eventually he leaped on me, i held blocked but noticed i was still taking dmg with fire appearing on my screen so i rolled out of the way only to be lept on by him again and i died.

Even the giant robots in the area felt like i was dying in 3 hits. Honestly, i felt stronger in the current dlc than i did in this alert.

We wiped the first time in mammoth, but that was because I started the fight and the dude focused on me the entire fight no matter how much rolling and running i was doing, once i got wiped the team did to. the 2nd attempt, i stayed alive and since i could deal the most dmg, he went down.

so it definitely seemed like, if i could stay alive, we could win, but that last cyborg fight, we made it into the areas where u activate things a couple times and that was it. those opportunities only stay open for a small time, if u are not close to one, we cant get in. and i cant be close when mr. leaper is leaping about making me have to roll everywhere :(

just not a fun experience and wanted to share and see what you guys think. I dont know how much more "good" i can get when im doing significant more dps than others. any tips welcome.

It's times like these i dislike the clamp :(
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In the words of TOM-Bot: Why didn't you bring a healer!?!

I honestly wish all content required roles more, but I get that the game is not designed that way for most content. Hopefully they will take a look at this one (if others agree it needs to be) and tune the difficulty with the role-less buff and damage.
    • Like x 10
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds like you queued with 3 bad players, unfortunate.
    • Like x 8
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This was doable as single player in troll role back then.

For the Cyborg fight, the missile turrets and the exploding drone are the big damage dealers there. The first can be dodge with a roll, though still very annoying because of the hitbox and tracking; the second can be easily dispatched by just focusing it when it's out (it's the only add in the fight).
    • Like x 3
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

If this alert pops and you don't see a healer, you should probably leave. It never goes well without a healer. By no means is it uncompletable without a healer, but in a random omnibus/blind queue run with new players or alts, it's either not gonna happen or a tank will have to solo Cyborg, which can take a really long time... if at all.
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Experienced, high level players generally wouldn’t run this content with 4 DPS. So it’s hard to make the case for that being the right configuration for inexperienced players/players that suck.

The way DPS damage is modified in alerts, you would probably have done more damage as a trio if the weakest DPS had switched to support role and waited outside. Alerts are just not designed for 4 DPS.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Alerts are loosely designed to be run with any role including 4 DPS, if I were with experienced high level players in content such as this in omnibus, running with 4 exceptionally good DPS is actually exactly how I'd run it.

highly experienced high level players don't fail omnibus because they run 4 DPS, they fail because they don't comply with mechanics and short of just having a moment "experienced groups" and not complying with mechanics don't go hand in hand.

In fact in a group of 4, very good DPS with artifacts, augments, high SP, there's not a single alert in this game that wouldn't just be utterly destroyed by such a group (except in perhaps elite).
    • Like x 3
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I definitely ran TT with four DPS on occasion when the content was the most recent DLC. And that was back when I was meleeing alerts with the martial arts uppercut and only had 200ish SP. maybe something is off on the clamping? But it should be pretty easy at 20CR above and full stat piercing.
    • Like x 3
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Should of just grabbed a Tank, Healer, Troller, and 1 DPS and you would have completed it. Content should require proper grouping, even the Omnibus stuff.
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

There's no such thing as "proper grouping" in small content :p
    • Like x 3
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Exactly This ^ .I have highly experienced friends and people I know of who are awesome DPS and max arts, augs who just eat bosses for breakfast lunch and dinner. I mainly support but I'm always in amazement at how good and effective and so lethal some folks are lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

When I become Creative Director...you'll see...THEY'LL ALL SEE!!!!!
    • Like x 8
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You've been around since before the role-less buff existed. It was in place when I joined, but it was less effective back then, so content was easier with roles and typically impossible to complete with most all damage groups. The game has evolved away from those playstyles. Maybe you'll get your creative director wish and change course, but I suspect the community would push back too much for it to really happen after 11 years of changes leading to this point.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

It should need to require 1 non dps role to get it done to promote diversity.
  15. Godtr0n Active Player

If a group is stupid enough to die into the double digits trying to do an alert with 4 dps and then gives up they really dont deserve to have completed the alert at all.

If anything this is probably working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Shouldn't need every role for an alert because roles are hard to find. That's why the dev team added the role buff.
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

It is weird that these instances are taking a lot longer now than they did when they were relevant though. We used to absolutely demolish this stuff when it was endgame. Now, we still complete it with ease in a 4 dps group, but you can definitely tell we are weaker now than we were back then
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You two should have a discussion. :)
  19. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Sorry you had such a bad run. It happens, but that doesn't make it any less sucky.

My omnibus experiences in that alert have been pretty good. I would say a pug run usually goes a little faster than it did when that content was relevant, but the Cyborg fight can cause a couple of people to take a knee if they're not paying attention to the mechanics. (Usually the only deaths come from people mis-timing the laser wall hallway.:D)

I can't really comment on your all-dps experience because all my characters are main non-dps roles, so I never run alerts with 4 dps. I can switch to damage role, if needed, but my damage is just average. I usually help the group more by healing or tanking. Hopefully, you'll have a better group next time.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Something people seem to forget is that these can be done with 4 dps just fine but sometimes having 4 roles works even better. And no I’m not saying everyone must be their role fully. Take the new alert for example. The smoothest runs I’ve had were with 3 dps and a battle healer. One dps did full dps. One dpsed while in tank role to maintain aggro and have all adds in one area to focus burn easier. And one dps was in troll role do the defense debuff. All 3 dps did their main dps armories but just switched role. And the healer was a battle healer. Everything went smoothing with no issues. And for elite the healer went full heal and the tank switched between battle tanking and tanking. And by battle tanking I mean actual tank gear so he could pull and not dps gear to hold aggro in one spot.