How To Make Old Content Relevant Again!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

All I'm saying is look at the evidence. 16 to 1 verse 8 to1? Why do any older content if payout is more geared for newer content? Incentivizing older content to some extent with equivalize would be something that benefits older and newer players
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Déja vu anyone?
    • Like x 1
  3. Godyer New Player

This is off-topic but how exactly are source marks and quarks are related? can you exchange SM to quarks now or something?
  4. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I'm intrigued...what's your answer
  5. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

you can buy quarks with source marks. Go to the quarks vendor, there's an exchange there
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

You keep saying "evidence", but all you're providing is supposition. I'm in the group of people you're trying to incentivize to go and run the old junk and your proposal is insufficient to motivate me to do it. I realize I'm not speaking for everyone in my position, but I also don't see a large group of people coming on to say that this would be a tipping point.

Good reminder. I had already forgotten the name. Might as well talk to my cat, probably have a more productive conversation.
    • Like x 2
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

Where you here at the beginning of House of Legends when they removed source marks from current tiers? That didn’t go well, which is why they put them back and why there’s a bigger payout in current tiers. The community does not want to go backwards (largely) when it comes to content.

I’d either create rotating daily quests for old bounties to incentivize going back and giving vets a slight nudge. I’d give 10 SM for the daily bounty and side mission (do it 5 times counter) credit to get another “Omni reward box.” People want those and for maybe 20 minutes of work a week, “may” be enough to move the needle.
    • Like x 2
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

As a cat owner, I decided to test this hypothesis and can confirm. The cat didnt mention math or stats once, nor did he pitch some absurdist idea that doesn't appeal to me.

Am I the only one that hears mysticwraith say 'evidence' and pictures this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, they did this a while back now. So for people who have everything else you can buy with SMs, you can just exchange them for Quarks to use on the Booster and Second Chance vendor.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How is that a terrible excuse? Just look at LFG...every day I see people putting groups together for FoS3 (used to also be for Happiness Home as well, until they fixed an unintended reward glitch). It's quick and easy and provides up to 13 Source Marks (8 for beating the content, and one SM as an option in the loot picker which happens 3 times). And this doesn't require them running around to other locations and all that.
    • Like x 2
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Might be more effective to use those episode spotlights they sometimes do for bonus weeks already, just maybe more often or something. Especially if at least every so often they do one like the Death of Superman episode spotlight from a while back that also added some new items like the mini Doomsday and Streaky the Supercat base pets. The activity in Doomed Metropolis made it look like it was the newest episode, even for a bit after the bonus week ended as people worked to get everything. Not every episode spotlight can include new content/rewards like that because of time, work, and resources, but maybe like every so often with a handful of regular episode spotlights between the ones that do this. Doomed Metropolis is proof this at least could be pretty effective occasionally.
    • Like x 3
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Youre right. Technically we used to get more marks in the long run in open worlds if we take the conversion after 1 year into account.

Now, dont forget that you can run omnibus without lootlock forever. You cant do that in endgame content. At least not for free.

It is already a widely shared thing to run all open world weeklies back to back and that with the current source mark values.

I dont see why anything needs to change there, since players arent having the most trouble to finish a bounty fight, but to complete an instance thats super annoying, like khandaq.

Lastly, i also wish those open worlds would be more populated, but unless they dont introduce a system that miraculously makes those appealing to the average player, i dont see any reason to go back there.
    • Like x 2
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

What if, for instance, RE-completing Feats gave some sort of incentive or reward?

I don't mean that we could endlessly spam simple Feats for rewards, but if a member of your Group pops a Feat for the first time, every player in that Group gets a reward if it's not the first time they have completed it?

That would give an incentive to players to run old Feats again, if the reward was suitably attractive?
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

The Stat-Clamp killed most reason to run old content. You can no longer out-level content and then go back after feats. You can no longer go into lower level content and speed run it to farm for rare drops. Players do not want to run old, boring content that they've already run hundreds of times when they have to run it in slow-motion.

The adding of Source Marks to accompany the clamp means that there are a handful of very specific areas get farmed ad nauseum for fast Source Marks. So we don't actually see more people interested in playing low level content; we just see all of them funneled into FoS3 or Happiness Home, with everything else being dead.
  15. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Love this idea
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I don’t know what they need to bribe us with but source marks aren’t it since they can be gotten easier elsewhere. I don’t know what it would take to get me back out into an open world that I’ve already done for months. I don’t even go back to doomed dc and it just turned “old” last week.
  17. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I think the more suggestions we have, the better. I just want newer players to have the abilty to do the content others have already completed. To do that we need incentives
    • Like x 1
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

Agreed. Even getting a passable number of SP on an alt is a chore once you've done pretty much everything you can that doesn't require a group.
    • Like x 1
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had this idea a while ago too. The issue that comes with it is, that people would use dummy accounts/characters.

So i thought about a kind of social credit score system, wich serves no purpose other than showing others that youre either a helpful or a longtime player. Some sort of ranking system, that increases everytime somebody gets a feat that you already had. This wouldnt be enough incentive to make players actively help others grinding feats however, unless there are insanely expensive rewards tied to it, like a free power respec token after 200 feats for example.