What is going on with the Switch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DubiousOP, Apr 15, 2022.

1. DubiousOP Active Player

Another Episode has been delayed, we were not informed of the delay until the day prior to release, we've been left with a "later this april" as a release date. In the past we have been told it has something to do with Nintendo's process, but if this is still the case than it feels like poor planning on the part of the devs keeps causing this issue.

A while back one of the US Switch players made a very respectful complaint about the lag that we have endured since the launch of this game on Switch servers. While soon after there was some sort of investigation by the devs into the lag, nothing was done about it.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...m-the-us-nintendo-switch-server.320397/page-3

When anything goes wrong for the ps/pc servers, players are compensated in some way. The source mark bonus week that recently occurred is a great example. Players were unable to get proper rewards for a handful of places, therefore EVERYONE got another week of this bonus. Why have switch players never been compensated or given anything?

To be honest I am not a fan of being given "marketplace" items, If we were to get any form of compensation, I would ask that you give us Blue Lantern Ring Accessories. The switch players have held on to nothing but hope for so long, we may get them irl.
    • Like x 11
  2. DubiousOP Active Player

And in the 2019 booster bundles we were sold Gleaming Auras, but these Gleaming auras are actually the shiny aura. 2 years later and they are still the shiny aura, instead of the one we purchased.
    • Like x 5
  3. Lezzbian420 New Player

I came from playstation to switch for its portability. Now I have to learn how to play the lag game. And why don't you hook us up since we are going with out the new stuff and we will be behind the other servers when it finally launches on the switch. Come on help up enjoy this game more
    • Like x 1
  4. Snow alpha New Player

So there's no date for when switch is getting the latest content?
  5. Endo602switchus New Player

I have nothing but my full respect for the devs.

The game on the switch is literally unenjoyable, open world bounties, alerts and raids are the worst. I just run my dailies and duos, and I log off.

There is currently 33554 games on Steam, 199 games on Uplay, 3125 games on GoG, 327491 games on Google Play, 811911 games on the App Store, 1893 games for the PS4, 1760 games for the Xbox One, and 2330 games for the Nintendo Switch.

And you have this small but beautiful community on the switch playing this unplayable game. You have them give you their money, spending time on your game and you, the Devs, don't really seem to care about helping them out.

Can you fix the lag? Yes? No? I already know you can't. And I know you don't care about it. It's been two years already.

Devs, you are gangsters. I wish I could be like you guys and make money the same way as you. You have them addicted and spending money on a game that's not worth it on the switch.

My hat's off to the Devs. Peace and hugs!
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Nintendo Process isnt poor planning from the Devs, its Nintendo's Process that gives the thumbs up or down in situations like this. There are a number of things that could be the delay but from other game Devs Ive spoken to, the Process itself due to COVID have made it a bit difficult in timely matters. Its a terrible situation but sadly it is what it is.

Once the Devs have figured out the Lag and other issues plaguing the Switch, Im sure there will be an apology gift. At least im optimistic about it. Dont quote me if it doesnt happen but im 99.998% sure it will lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeathBreaker New Player

I came from the Switch because of all the issues. Whether it's true they don't care or they're limited by the hardware on the Switch it doesn't really matter when the feeling you get as a Switch player is that it's just a whale farm.
  8. DubiousOP Active Player

The frequency of this problem shows that there is poor planning on their part. With how often it occurs, they should have some sort of contingency plan. For flashpoint being delayed all they had to do was leave up survival mode and players would of been happy. This time they could of left the bonus weeks running on the switch and players would of been happy. But instead we are left with nothing and we wont know when the episode is going live, until the day prior or in one case of wonderverse early that morning.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have devoted significant time to the server performance reports on Switch and will continue to. There isn't any new information since the last round of daily plays and data gathering.

It is likely that all episodes will launch later on Switch from now on. Contorting our schedule to try to meet the extended submission and approval time with Nintendo was causing numerous problems with our development processes, which contributed to less than clean launches repeatedly.

I will make sure to get Switch-specific information public earlier.
    • Like x 6
  10. DubiousOP Active Player

For the first part, where should we be looking for updates to that issue?

Ooof that second part is hard to hear, but I sincerely appreciate your honesty. Will there be any kind of bonus weeks or anything special for us to do during these times in the future? Maybe some dev invasions or just continuing of prior bonus weeks? On top of that I'm very grateful to read that last line, many people take off work and plan their entire day around the release of a new episode and getting this info earlier would be amazing!
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Updates/requests for help will show up in the thread that was linked before. If the core problem is discovered and fixed, just look up into the sky for fireworks.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps on that day:
    [IMG]
  13. Godtr0n Active Player

Make a deal with Nintendo to make a DCUO style Nintendo Switch shaped like a Batarang or something except with Bruce Wayne level upgrades.
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You have two options. Quit the game or play on PS/PC NA. Everything else is just an advertisement.
  15. CROVAX New Player

Is there any update on the Ep Switch release date? Or at least a projected timeframe? Any information you could share with us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have the specific date yet, but it will be this month.
  17. Tree Well-Known Player

Mepps, why is this one taking longer to be approved by Nintendo? Am I to assume that DCUO and the powers that be sent it to Nintendo late for approval? Does Nintendo have the material to even approve? Let me know.
  18. DubiousOP Active Player

Could Switch players get our own Community Manager?
    • Like x 1
  19. DubiousOP Active Player

It's been week, is there any information to be made public? I've checked the forums daily and I have yet to see any official news regarding the release of episode 43 on the switch.
  20. Time Warped Level 30

I saw a post that is says it would be the 28th. Not sure if it was official official - however, having to wait 2 weeks after every other server seems tough. I hope y'all get some love and answer as to why you have to wait that long.