Light a power that has become far too weak?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tolly, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'll have to completely disagree with you on Celestial. its strong in both roles just harder to use is why they aren't as many.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Okay okay, I’m not implying that they suck, it’s that I rarely see them these days. When I see a green hard light, I’m like, wait what’s that? ohhh, that’s right there is a hard light power in this game.
  3. samlantern New Player

How good is a Light Troll and which arts are recommended?
  4. Nangaf Well-Known Player

The best in damage but the worst in crowd control.
    same art than other troll power( you can use La mort card art with light blast if you need diversity from other troll power, but la mort is bad artificat better with exemple quislet if you need damage)
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Divine Light and it’s corrupted version from Celestial hit really hard. The problem with celestial is when targets moved around a lot. But the power itself is very versatile and isn’t weak. It does take someone with skill to use it. I’m still hoping one day they can increase the speed of the combos back to the DIVINE days of celestial ;)
  6. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I must disagree with hardlight being a weak power! I've out dps many different powers and 90% time im on the top leaderboards in dmg! My rotation isn't power hungry and im in constant rotation here is a video I posted not so long ago! And yes if you don't know how to clip then you won't be helpful with dmg! I've been HL since day 1 and I just can't stand when people say it isn't viable!

And this video i pugged some random tsdr with this rotation for all situations

If anyone needs a better explanation I would be glad to go over on why I use this loadout!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Tolly Committed Player

the problem on the light while one is to make the combos of the slaps cut has the other leaves the ray, the others, already made a rotation of build....

The problem with light is that the attacks are not direct unlike a power that will do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in a chain without constraint or a power combos direct instantaneous and the saddest on the light, have not even varied the build is always the same thing ...

Personally, I do not count a melee build as playable because to play in melee in elite, the penalty will be felt quickly and you will be a danger for the group and a weight for the healer....
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I found this a bit hard to read. And I truly mean no disrespect. If English is not your first language than don’t get discouraged from posting. But I’ll try to make out what you are trying to say.

In your first part you are talking about handclap I believe. Are you trying to say that by the time you do the full combo others do their full rotation?
    - Handclap is a strong attack regardless of it being a combo power of not. It doesn’t take to long to do this combo since each stage of the attack does damage. You can also clip out of the last clap which is what you are supposed to do. It is also a pure ST ability (and a strong one at that) so make sure you only use it on ST,

For the second part of your comment you said that light is not direct. What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean that you are trying to do back to back constructs? As in combining over and over? If that is what you mean than you are doing it wrong. You are supposed to clip out of your combos doing combo clip combo clip. On other words you use a power from your tray, combo it, clip the construct combo with an ability from your tray and repeat. By doing this you are basically getting 2 attacks off each second (with some exceptions). Do not chain combos. You lose a lot of damage that way.

Regarding your last post. That can be said about any power. Most powers have a melee loadout which is harder to use in elite because of the risk factor. Might can do good damage from max range. I’ve out dpsed plenty of brawling precs as HL.

Light is one of the more complex powers in the game. Because of that most people are not good with it and so it makes it look like a bad power. It however is strong but to get the full potential you have to know how to clip.
  9. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I dont really understand how you think hardlight should be played...
    I feel like most people that play hardlight don't fully understand how its meant to be played.... if you think spaming powers without constructs is beneficial and not seeing dmg its not to be played 1,2,3,4 etc... its a complex infinite rotation with different possibilities of playing with combos!!! But even better when clipped to do atleast 2 combos then clipping... if you watch my video you can see how fluid my dmg comes from sparring targets and no different when I'm in a raid or elite content! Show me your rotation in a video and maybe I can help you understand the way I see things!