Thoughts on Clamp and other random things.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liko, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

DCUO is not a causal game, it takes time to evolve. When I started playing again I also felt difficulties due to lack of SP and artifacts (new for me when I got back, in end of last year). It took me a while to evolve. I already have more than 400 SP (of which, more than 200 SP was obtained now when I got back) which helps me a lot. My artifacts are not finished yet, I only have one at level 200, the others are between 140 and 160.

Today I can make all the contents of the game without problem and without difficulties. This is due to several hours of gameplay and help from friends and the league.
    • Like x 2
  2. JDIRS Well-Known Player

CR down scaling should just be removed from the open world areas, then at least we can return to some illusion of gear progression actually mattering at all, plus the open world still has loot locks any way.

I kind of like scaling in on-duty/Omnibus though.
    • Like x 2
  3. fredohmaha Active Player

I tend to agree with this. Your reward for running clamped in Omnibus is that you don’t get looted locked. If you want to run it unclamped, you can just queue for it using Custom and become loot locked.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Which could/probably would result in losing the full rewards you get when running clamped. Like I said earlier, they've made it pretty clear that they want us to put in at least some effort to earn Marks, and Marks would probably be first on the chopping block if they allowed players to run content unclamped.
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

But thats not true at all lol. Do you use Omnibus at all?
    • Like x 1
  6. JDIRS Well-Known Player

I was referencing open world zones and not on-duty instances. I like CR scaling for both omnibus and custom ques. I think having open world zones not be CR scaled, but leaving the on-duty instances scaled, would be a great balance between maintaining legitimate and fulfilling gear progression yet not having stats matter to the point of displacing mechanics completely in ques for older raids or alerts.

There are not omnibus ques into open worlds or any elite open worlds. CR down scaling should just be removed from the open world areas, then at least we can return to some illusion of gear progression actually mattering at all, plus the open world still has loot locks any way.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

none of what you listed has anything to do with clamping
    much older DLCs have always been practically empty
    those raids your listing arent being run because of omnibus or clamping as omnibus puts you in random content
    those raids are being run because of double source marks mainly
    they are the fastest to farm not because of clamping they would be the same ran raids clamped or no clamp
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

clamping is fine get used to it because its not going away
    • Like x 2
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I run all the bounties every single week with 2 or 3 of us. we have no problems
    • Like x 1
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Does anyone run long raids for marks? Huh? Assault and Battery? Nope. Dwf? Nope. Ultimate soldier? Nope. It’s just the meta raids like hh was, fos3, some necro, and I guess dd raid. So much for having players go into all older content to run. Nope. Players found the quickest raids and will spam those for source marks. Not feats, just for marks. Look at hh, it was just for source on 2/3 of the raid, no feat groups, and they couldn’t even finish it either.
    • Like x 5
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

Yea, they do. Try queueing Omnibus and post the runs that you queue into.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's actually the perfect indicator that people will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance, which in this case means the fastest content they can farm for easy marks....which truth be told is all they ever wanted when they kept crying about CR Relevance in content. The clamp is working...despite that people are still complaining because that's the number one pastime since day one.
    • Like x 1
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm in FOS 3 at least once a night, and people still hit the medic...
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ya can't fix stupid...which has nothing to do with the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Not really, i waited 4 hours today before giving up on false idols raid. I need collections from there to finish my dark gift but no one will do it anymore so i guess i'm sol on that feat. At least before the clamp i could have got people to Q me in so i could solo it but clamped no one wants to do it and this is not the only raid people refuse to do because of the clamp so no i don't think the clamp is working at all. its just locking content and feats out for people.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The clamp works, people suck.
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

Why not go to LFG and build a group?
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Shhh! That’s how you secretly heal everyone.
    • Like x 1
  19. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Yep. I agree.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Unwavering Player

So him not wanting to make a group isnt the problem?

I love how the newbies were told "make a group" so they could have an enjoyable experience in their runs, but now when the vets gotta make the group suddenly "its too hard":rolleyes:

• Like x 1