Light a power that has become far too weak?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tolly, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I don't know about you, but I find the light weaker and weaker, its particularity of use of combos is less and less exploitable and in power, I try everything, I end up undergoing an important gap in raid.

I have tried what I see on the net, but we do not have a big difference in creating build, so the result does not change much, should it not be enhanced?

I do not know if I am the only one to have this impression, but I have the impression that lately, we see less and less dps light...

It's a great power, even for the troll, but it's getting harder and harder to play with the too nervous attacks of the bosses since COU, I'd say, it's starting to become very complicated to play for a hard light.

Player light what do you say?
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Gotta see them first!. Lol I totally forget that light, celestial, nature, atomic, water, even exist. That’s how bad they are.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I constantly Outdps others as Light. So not sure what you are talking about. The thing with HL is that it requires clipping and not everyone is good at it so it seems weaker than it is.
    • Like x 3
  4. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

It's good, but power heavy, not the only power that's power heavy though.
    I wonder if the new Mercy xxxxx artifact can be a substitute for grim tho, coz at the moment I use NVB, RSK, dervish, light weight, and whip thrash, for the last slot I put either finisher or an extra sc, which can possibly be changed to offering.

Regardless, I do think it is pretty good
  5. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

HL is doo doo for DPS. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry constantly using DWFS will out DPS HL.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol no
  7. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

yes
  8. PickArole Well-Known Player

Unfortunately I have to agree with SD on this. That HL is still powerful!! Not like it was when it came out with that clapping exploit, but still pretty good power. I've seen many dps running this and still blowing me away. Ya need to find the guys who found their strength as SD says. All powers have their strength and weaknesses.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Only thing I want to correct is that heavy clipping was not an exploit with HL. It was the first full combo power in the game and it was designed to clip. It was no an exploit but intended mechanics. Even when it was changed to AMs a dev tried to convince everyone that construct chaining was as powerful as combo clipping which showed it was an intended play style. Unfortunately the dev who was showcasing those play styles wasn’t exactly good at it which led to a huge nerf for HL. What we have now if a fraction of what we had back then.

So not an exploit.
    • Like x 3
  10. PickArole Well-Known Player

Whatever it was, it was WAY overpowered! I seen people in the beginning using JUST that hand clap and it was SOOOO fast, it looked like they were really clapping! Everyone was making an HL toon when light hit this power. Then they nerfed it.
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

HL is still a great power, and you can go from ST to aoe in an instant
    • Like x 1
  12. Korisso New Player

Light is still strong especially in melee but ranged aoe is lacking pretty bad. 2.1m parsers with melee but only 1.3m - 1.4m with ranged
  13. L T Devoted Player

The thing about the various combo powers is you have to work quite a bit harder for your DPS than with your typical 1-2-3-4 might rotation.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Full Range doing about 2/3 the damage of Melee actually sounds about right.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What exactly is 2.1? 10s 30s? Use the DPS number. DPS stands for Damage per second. The parsers literally tell you your DPS. It is the number that sayd xxxxxx/s. As in that is how much damage you do per second. Also, 30 secs and 60 sec parsers are more accurate. I have seen so many people who claim to have higher dps than me yet still do less damage. That is because they take the highest 10 sec parsers as their DPS. If you do 3 parsers. 2 are 120k and the 3rd is a 140k than your dps is not 140 but 126k. This is why people using 10s parsers is misleading. And your range should not be that far less than your melee. Assuming you do the typical HL melee loadout using SS and using whip and light weight than your range dps should be higher. I am assuming it is so low because you do the typical ram thrash combo that everyone on youtube uses.
    • Like x 1
  16. CassUV Well-Known Player

You can do your damage in alerts, solo, older raids with okay players but agains the “Premier League Players”, I mean, the top ranked players with munitions or precision?, sorry man, you will never be the 1st… I was HL for 8-9 years and im telling you: try meta powers and compare by yourself, you will see what im taking about.
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It irks me as well when people talk parsing numbers that aren’t per second. Beyond the fact that it is what the acronym stands for, it normalizes the RNG factors like strategist procs, crits, etc. For that reason it’s much better to use 30s or 60s parsers but still use the first “/s” number.

All that being said, it’s my understanding that HL is very strong in single target which is what I’ve witnessed. AOE is definitely lacking though.
    • Like x 1
  18. Korisso New Player

10 secs of course smh. Who does 30s parsers
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Literally posted why in the exact post you quoted…
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Celestial and water really aren't that bad.
    Water, with the right setup and artifacts, is strong.

Celestial, in knowledgeable hands, is actually very strong.
    • Like x 1