An increasingly selective community - what kind of MMO is this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Apr 8, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I feel like there needs to be a new rule put in place on this forum. That being if you’re going to quote a dev, it only counts if you’ve got their exact response/ quote. Cuz I don’t believe either of the last comments right now lol. Players in here have a bad habit of interpreting things players or devs say incorrectly. It’s human nature so it’s not a big deal but it’s probably why the devs don’t comment a ton on posts. They’re too afraid of how their comments will be interpreted.
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I have seen devs multiple times come and correct if something was worded wrong by someone some ppl just dont like to hear the truth, i have also seen where people straight up decline what devs have said like what mepps said about Origin crisis how well it did etc and a few people were still saying its false and even claimed they know more then mepps lol,i think that should be forbidden too then to not accept the facts from the devs.
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hmmm,

So he did huh?

Go ahead and post the link to where he said that...please.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Which one? You mean the Origin crisis topic? If so yes i still have it and can link the comment of mepps about it :) im wondering what your response will be after i proof it.. :p

Episode frequency - time for a change? (Discussion)
    • Like x 2
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Why though, oh right, it's been some time since I even visited the forums.

A lot was said in the statement, really you get no debate from me, being that it really doesn't matter what I would say, just like the quote that you initially responded to it will simply have the same effect.

Thanks though.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't play with others unless I have to. for the most part, I'm off in me own little corner doing me own little thing. the kind of behaviour you're talking about has always been in this game. always. the only difference between back then & now is that I got no time for it, anymore. I lost all faith for good in this community with the reaction to the Pride giveaways. let them have their game. if anyone wants me, I'll be hanging out in me mansion playing Irvynnge Universe Online.
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's kind of a mixed bag. Everyone should be able to play the way they want. That's fine, but if the way you play is far from ideal... you can't expect people to voluntarily carry you all the way through the game.

You have to make a choice. Be stubborn, do things your way, accept judgement and possibly being discluded. Or accept advice from people that are performing better than you and doing your best to optimize your performance. This can translate to pretty much anything in life. It is not unique to this video game.

As long as someone is putting in the effort and is willing to improve... most people with a conscience will be forgiving.

If you think people should just accept your desire to be Superman as a valid excuse for you wasting everyone's time though... you need a reality check.
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

All good. No problem
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

What happened?o_O
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

arrant homophobia is what happened.
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Oof.. Im sorry.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dang, new rule is working already! Well played haha
  13. Controller Devoted Player

This is a nuanced answer....

For ME - with the Controller Loadout I've had for roughly 3 years, arts included - I had BoP, Scrap of Soul Cloak and Rao Amulet.

Now? To gain entrance into tougher, Elite content I have to pander to DPS running rampant...these DPS "ALREADY" possessing 3 DPS arts....and NOW I have to sacrifice AT LEAST one of my arts for a Claw...probably MORE......

So IF I remove Soul Cloak - that's LESS Group Shields and Power refills. THIS affects "MY" Controlling.

If I remove BoP - less debuffs on bosses AND adds...forcing me to focus on just bosses.

If I remove Rao - then lack of debuff %...I go back to regular-strength debuffs.

This is your answer, Illumini - perhaps the responsibilities are the same for you....perhaps the gameplay is roughly the same for you....perhaps your loadouts are different.

This changes things for me. Not that I won't adjust but please let's not wax poetic and make this out to be a minor thing - especially for the Silent Minority of Controllers out there just willing to "Take it and shut up"...........

Pure Controlling doesn't involve buffing DPS's damage. Let's not gloss this over.

DPS haven't had ANY changes to this role over the years - with the exception of them being given EVEN MORE ways to increase their pew pew pew.....

It's foolish to sit back and not state that this game is leaning more and more towards the DPS role - with Controllers helping to augment THEIR (DPS) gameplay.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My bad...didn't realize you were talking about the villain side. You need to specify those kinds of details. I don't have those problems on the hero side.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The claw allows us to give healers and tanks 7% more resto and dom. More potent heals and higher survivability for tanks is a good thing for the group, no? It also moves the power out to PoT allowing us more freedom to help with mechanics, pickups, etc. IMO this is a much more interesting and engaging aspect of gameplay than spamming the same button over and over even considering it's usefulness for clipping. But I guess that's just me.

I too kinda miss the soul cloak as a default artifact in my LO's but the healer EoG meta mostly nullifies it's benefits as I'm still usually able to pop group shields off cooldown and only don't if it's strategically more advantageous to wait for certain phases, attacks, etc. Hell, sometimes I'm just sitting there in stealth for a few seconds waiting on the SC cooldown to expire as I don't want to exit stealth and then wait for it's cooldown to be able to access my group shield. Plus I still have my 200 soul cloak and occasional sub it in for specific feats that benefit from constant group shields.

Doesn't the Rao spread the debuffs to seven enemies? And since the healing debuff is only relevant in about 2% of content that features enemy healing mechanics, this artifact is really just consolidating two powers in to one. Though I suppose it's nice to be able to debuff without CC effects if/when that is advantageous. But you do have to refresh debuffs twice as often which can suffer when doing mechanics, pickups, etc.

Yeah, don't. That's a really good one.

Before switching from power trolling I realized that I was basically challenging myself to keep every power bar above 90% at all times just to not be bored and also realized that about 3/4 of my effort went towards that arbitrary self challenge. In reality, since people can function perfectly fine if their power bar dips to 50%, 40% or gasp...25%, that really helped nobody and only functioned to sustain my belief that I was a "damn good troll". I stopped resisting the new (at the time) buff troll meta once I realized how stupid and frivolous that was. I figured if I'm gonna have constant intervals of boring gameplay in-between mechanics, pickups, refreshing debuffs, etc, I might as well maximize my usefulness in that time. So I switched to buff trolling and have yet to feel like there has been any loss or downside to said switch. I still have a power troll armory but in two years of buff trolling it's proved useful no more than 2-3 times. Which is a shame really as I do like the style I have on that armory.

But like you said, this is MY experience. YMMV
    • Like x 2
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For reeeeaaaaals. Look at the current 4th artifact slot thread. Usually those die within a couple pages since there are no fewer than 3,817 identical preceding threads. Then Charon chimes in giving them a tiny, minuscule, microscopic fraction of a sliver of a morsel of hope and now we have fourteen pages of...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Controller Devoted Player

Thanks for this answer. It was honest, detailed, and from your viewpoint.

It was free from any biases....any brown-nosing.....and shows that you're an experienced Controller.

It also shows to me - rather undeniably - that the Controller Role IS changing...............................all at the benefit of DPS.

Finally - for the Devs to start these changes - rather subtly - over the years at the behest of some "Serial Complainers about what Controllers do" is not really taking into consideration the pureness of the role. I say this because a prominent poster here in the forums explained to me that these "Serial Complainers" whined that "All a Controller does is give power....we want to do MORE".......and the Devs listened to them, sadly.

These "Serial Complainers" evidently don't know OR appreciate the OTHER things Controllers do...ganged together, complained in the forums and got their wish.

Hence - they got their "Combat Controller" - subtly brought to the mainstream but under the guise of "Buff Controller". You can say that - "Well Combat Trollers do extra damage THEMSELVES (which IS true)........Buff Trollers enable your GROUP to do more damage".......

[IMG]

This change - rather subtle - has brought the game extra money, I'm sure - with "Us Controllers" that are trying to keep up with these changes by leveling new arts.

This change has GREATLY benefited DPS - even to the extent of THEM keeping their coinage, for the most part....but giving them BETTER stats.

I have NOTHING against DPS...I have personally gotten BETTER at the role on my main and my alts. But Good Lord man when DPS double....TRIPLE most other roles in this game in the vast majority of the content and you FURTHER their cause something's going to break soon.
    • Like x 2
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Devs wants balance, but let's be honest here. You won't cut the mustard unless you are a Super Speed, Ballerina Dancing, Precision Gadgets or Lightning player. By the way, don't forget you EOG healer in the process.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tolly Committed Player

What is annoying these days on MMOs is that we are more and more obliged to follow a meta to be allowed to be good, if we choose other things than what the meta imposes on us, we are criticized by our choices, but in this case, why propose different possibilities if in the end, we are directed on what to take and not to take? At the moment on DC, we are almost forced to be precise players, to take the robot sidekick, neo-venom and thermal vision and also almost forced to have EOG.

Regarding EOG, I think it should be drastically nerfed, as it has become far too imposing, well, if that is possible on the artifacts.

We even have more possibility of building a bar being able to be effective and certain power, as for example, the light will be systematically obliged to have such power in every build.
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Following any meta in any MMO is a choice. It's your account and character(s) and unless someone else is in some way paying for that account no one gets any real say in what you do with your characters or how you play them.

Whether a player gives in and just follows the meta or forges their own path and finds what works best for them, it's a choice. Once they make that choice, they need to own it. I very well can't complain about going the solo path and all the challenges that come with it because I made that choice willingly. So it's tough for me to buy anyone complaining about being forced (or even almost forced) into following a meta when they don't have to do that to play and enjoy the game.