Exobytes everywhere! Something needs to be done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Apr 7, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

When they introduced the Exobyte Fortification that replaced the old gear mods it was very restricting, since it could only stack to 4 and you could get one for every stat plus the blank ones and then, there are at least 3 versions of each of those. This was alleviated some, since now they can stack to 99, but it's still ridiculous since you still can get many. This bloats the inventory. Especially if you've maxed your augments already and sending them to bank alts is just going to be filling up. There is no market value, as these things come every salvage. It's getting out of hand.

With how salvage is based on Item Level of the piece, how about using the system that is similar to the current Generator Salvage system. Where the quality of the piece results in one to multiple salvaged items. Then for the different ranks, streamline the ranks.

We now have Omnibus that, for the most part, is the same dropped gear. I propose that there is a bottom floor to how low an exobyte can be when you salvage gear. Yes, I know there is supposed to be a sense of leveling, but there are two things that throw this off.
    • One, exobytes are not character bound. You can trade to any new player.
    • If you are new, how often are you going to salvage your gear to get them? This affects older players working on alts more.
    With my idea, at least it streamlines the system. This bottom floor doesn't need to be adjusted, since we are talking about stacking of items. (Increased to 999.) This way, we can have a bit more unification in our inventories with the 6 colors (Vit, Dom, Resto, Might, Prec, Colorless) and it's 3 versions of them.
    We can discuss ways to use the crafting system later.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sell them on the broker. You'll always have more than what you need.
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im the type of player that hates daily repetitive content. That means i actually need to buy them off the broker to get my 3 characters with their dual roles in line after each dlc release. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm, I'm not sure I see the problem.

[IMG]

(That's a joke for the slow kids in the back...)
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I'm also in the camp of keeping way more than I need cough*hoarder*cough I don't salvage anything that is not 'max' level green/blue/purple, but sell them instead because I know the mk 5 or whatever salvage is just inventory fillers. That way you are generally getting the top level exos 15 or 16. Even stacking to 99 only (999 would indeed be nice), until you start diving into different exo levels, the colors and grades aren't that bad at 18 mk 16s available.

I'd also see maybe the 'color' exos maybe just having 1 grade of 'solid'. Not sure we need 3 grades of each color and the 3 grades of the generic exos. 8 varieties is way better than 18.
    • Like x 2
  6. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I’d be happy if they gave us a way to combine / upgrade the color-coded exos, tbh. It feels reasonable to me that choosing not to turn your flawed into solids into pristine is choosing to skip grinding exo material and thus accepting a more crowded inventory, but the fact there’s no way to do that for any of the stat-specific exos is definitely a bloat-y matter.
    • Like x 2
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

You don't *get* so many - you have chosen to *make* so many. If you don't salvage the gear, you won't get the exobytes. It's that simple.
    You've gone out of your way to create a monster, and now you're complaining it's living in your house :).

Put the Exos on the broker?
    GIve them away?
    Just delete them?
    Donate the gear for Prestige?
    Sell the gear instead?
    Delete the gear instead?

Even if you're chasing a crafting feat, the first three cover that.

I suppose the question I am asking is "Why are you making them if you don't want them?"

I can't speak for everyone, but my new alts salvage gear every opportunity they have - which is often. It's a hell of a long way to 310 EG Augs, but a hell of a lot faster to get to the CR to be in content that wants them, and every little helps. Hell, even my mains struggle to get to full Augs by the end of a DLC, since I'm not an Every Day player.

New players in particular can also use them to level Adaptive Augs from content older than the current 3 EG DLCs. People do want them - just not EG mains.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have to agree with others. There really isnt an issue with the salvaging system we have. It is actually very streamlined as is. The only thing they could do to make it better is to make them stack to 999. But other than that it isnt really an issue. If you know you have to much than you can also sell the gear to a vendor to not overflow on Exobytes. See if league mates need them to level things up. I have 11 toons and all of them have their offensive augments maxed. My top 3 toons have their support augs maxed too. And my main has them all maxed. I have saved some to level for the next DLC. And if I max them all out to soon than I see if any of my friends need extra to help them max out.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can give them to me, I could use some more money.
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

You guys are funny and weird, but okay. Apparently nothing needs to be done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  11. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Your idea is great and I something should definitely be done.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The "problem" will solve itself next week Thursday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Not really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The cap on Origin Augments will be raised, max those out and whatever you have left sell on the broker, donate them to league/friends or just give them to me.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

So you agree with me, it doesn't change as it's the same thing keep going with a new rank of exos?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Once I've aquired "enough stacks" for the next episode I stop salvaging junk gear. Donate it for prestige, sell it, delete it.
    • Like x 2
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

How can you function not taking the time to order them by rank and then colour? Just asking for a friend who is mildly OCD.

That same friend finds it additionally troublesome that you have an episode exobyte mixed in with the others, that's just crazy.

Ok there's no friend, it's me...
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

I seem to remember when the new exos came out someone asked about bigger stacks and the reply was effectively that people will just use them as the get them. That's obviously not the case and I can't see why the stack cap for all exos can't be raised to 999.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I missed one in my haste for the quick and dirty picture. I normally have the episode and normal ones mixed in, but since the topic was just the regular exos, I threw the episode exos in my bank and kept the regular ones in the main inventory. As far as sorting...I use the "sort" feature on the UI. It puts the lower ranked/XP ones on the bottom, which I draw from before using the higher XP ones. The color pattern just repeats per rank. I don't think I hit that before taking the picture, because I was doing it quickly on the fly for the joke. Eh.
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

One of my two bank toons is almost exclusively for exobytes. Well, his inventory is, bank is mostly seasonal and SM items. I don’t have all the inventory expansions but I have most and it’s about 85% full. I have sold a few 99 stacks of pristine mk15’s and mk16’s though but still have about two rows of those still. One thing I do mostly just as a space saver and organizational tool is I upgrade everything to pristine. It costs me 30M-40M every month or so but well worth it for the reduced hassle.

Another thing I do to save space is I’ve been “storing” LoD, Flashpoint and LoS exobytes in their respective resto augs (I don’t heal so no confusion) by actually leveling them up. I’ll be consolidating them all in to the new augments once the new DLC launches assuming the current system continues. Obviously I’ll have to make sure I dump the LoS ones in to LoD ones prior to LoS becoming EEG when the episode launches. But yeah, this saves bank space not having to actually use spaces to store them.

Speaking of the current system, I still have at least one stack (not full) of each kind of augment from each DLC since Titans. As far as I know, in the current system they’re utterly useless since I mostly still have all my old maxed DLC augments. I was considering using them to level dom augments so I can buff troll in DLC’s that were prior to my buff trolling days. But then they went and made EEG content ridiculously button mash easy so I figure there’s not much reason to do that. It seems silly to just delete them (hoarder maybe?) but unless things change, yeah, utterly useless so they could and probably should be deleted to clear space. Hmmm

I organize them that way a day or two before a new DLC drops just so I can easily move the precs and vits to my main and mights and doms to my alt and then determine who still needs what as far as the stat-neutral ones. I’d probably do that sooner if not just continually maintaining them that way as I have a bit of similar OCD. But inventory management in general already feels like it sucks up too much time.