Clean up your spams....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you know what has been fun this week? Trying to get an Omni raid done. 90% of the pops I've gotten have been HH, and 99% of those have come in after the 2nd boss with 1 or 2 people standing around confused. If you start up a 'spam' HH run and pull in a few randoms to get in, have the courtesy to disband after 2nd boss vs just leaving so the few that decide to vote no can be stuck in there with no option of opening it back up to pick up more omni queue victims.

Or hey...learn how to do the last boss and finish the run you started? Nah....why do that.
    • Like x 5
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They don't do it because the final boss rewards only offer double marks. The other two bosses offer quadruple marks. I'm not sure why there's less incentive on the final fight, but that's the way it is.

I agree with you on the cleanup, though. I'm tired of queuing into that one with the final fight remaining. I just start a disband vote if I enter that mid-instance, and I'll leave if the vote fails to go do some dailies for a while.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, I know WHY they do it....and if it's an 8 man group going in, I'm fine with it. It's when you end up having 2 or 3 people in there who thought they were joining for the full run, or when some doof hits 'yes' to opening it and you start picking up Omni people that I have an issue with cause I might end up being one of those people.

And I've tried disbanding a few times....only to have a few of the others vote it down. I leave then end up in the same run a few min later when I re-queue Omni (this happened multiple times last night).
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Path of least resistance dude...
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

So do you suggest they redistribute marks and put most of them at the end for finishing?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed....which is why they should disband and have the instance close up.

I did give it a shot on 1 or 2 groups. It's unfathomable how 'hard' it is to get 2 DPSs to make sure the drone goes down fast enough that the lights don't get fixed. I'd think a spam group would know how to do it, but for the loose change players who pop in at the 3rd boss? Nah....not worth it for sure.
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

You know what a bigger issue is……Omni a 4-player and every single time: Phantom Zone. Every fkucing time!!!!!!!
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

They say it is faster… but:

1. No prestige collected
    2. No 3rd loot drop (also prestige blue drops)
    3. Cash
    4. More marks (8)
    5. League statue for ‘completed’ instances
    6. Feats attached to final boss flight
    7. Style feats

And what they want:
    1. An additional vote (disband)

What it says:
    1. Incompetence about finishing raid as mechanics elude them.
    2. They bad at math/missing out on a lot of stuff.
    3. Leaving instances open that mess up the queue system.

Mmhmm
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Phantom Zone doesn't care about roles, so it fills faster than others that do when people choose two roles. I had Phantom Zone four times this past week when doing Omnibus 4-player on seven characters. 57% of the time I queued, it was Phantom Zone.

I've heard excuses that people are queuing for that one more often for some reason, but I believe it's purely because it negates roles chosen.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but at least if you opt out of that one...chances are you won't end up back in the same group in 2 or 3 min....that spot will likely fill and you'll get another run (or at least another PZ group).

I queued into the same HH group 3 times in 20 min last night and that was after opting out of the HH popped queue like 6 or 7 times in between. I gave it a shot a few times, but after a bit I just threw in the towel.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

They can't finish the raid, they're too #%$%

[IMG]
  17. Ryll Committed Player

Couldn't you just like.....go to settings and turn off joining instances in progress?
    • Like x 1
  18. Liko Well-Known Player

We've been waiting for 10 years. At this rate I doubt it will get fixed. Tho one suggestion could be if they put a link in the chat it should just remove it asp.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

And miss out on seeing the train wrecks?

[IMG]
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

How long?!

[IMG]

…as if people still use watches for their functional aspect…