2x source marks are devs aware of issue?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrsBalmighty, Mar 31, 2022.

1. MrsBalmighty New Player

So it's 2x source marks in instances. However the extra source marks are going to group loot so only 1 person is getting the extra. Is this intentional or a glitch?
    Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Since it been like that for awhile, imma go with the former and the latter. Hope this helps!
  3. MrsBalmighty New Player

So it was previously like this?
  4. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Something's up. No one is getting double source marks for open world content from the latest 3 DLCs. As far as I'm aware, it's always given us double SM in that content. It seems like it's working in instanced content, though. And the vendor discount is working too.
    • Like x 2
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

The announcement clearly states it’s bonus SM in instanced content.
    • Like x 6
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No one should be getting double for open world. The bonus is for relevant instance content only. So if you’re a 360cr, that’s the new duo/ alert/ raid only. You should get 2 coins for the duo and then there’s a random bonus coin you can need greed on
  7. Berza Committed Player

Omni instances are giving 2x too (Desecrated Cathedral alert at least) but Flashpoint isn't, just one on the group loot.
    • Like x 1
  8. Chewsy Well-Known Player

They say that every time. It's confusing that it's working differently this time.

From November: [IMG]

From this week: [IMG]

Like I said, the latest 3 DLC bounties and open world content gave double SM last time, but not this week. Some clarification on if this is intended would be appreciated.

That's not true. HH spam is going smoothly.
    • Like x 3
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well then something is wrong haha. But not getting open world doubled is right. I’m thinking that maybe Omni is fooling the game into thinking it’s relevant cuz of the clamp
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I wouldn’t say not true, everyone is just getting lucky probably that old old content is giving out double cuz it shouldn’t be.
  11. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Omnibus has always given bonus SM on bonus SM week. I've spent many hours in HH/FOS and whatnot farming it every time
    • Like x 5
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It may be intended, no idea. The wording of instanced relevant content makes me think it’s not intended tho. No clue, not a green name.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Omni is relevant because of the clamp. We don't really need that word anymore.
    • Like x 7
  14. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I’ll be curious to see if the bonus source from Wonderverse augments benefits from this. If so, I can farm New Genesis seeds for my helm to the tune of 6 source for a solo that generally only takes me a few minutes. :)

(If I recall correctly, the bonus blue currency from Legion augs doubled during the last bonus currency event there, so it seems like a decent chance.)

I’ll happily gobble it up even if it’s “just” 4 marks for a quick solo, mind you, so I’m good either way. :)
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well than that sir is one crazy good bonus week. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are fixing up the bonus week. I'll update in a little bit.
    • Like x 6
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Double Source Marks have always only been from instanced content, as explicitly stated in the announcement each time. Source Marks have never been doubled for open world content.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I ran Omnibus & just got normal source marks. I think only the content from the most recent 3 DLCs is what is intended to deliver 2x Source Marks. It should drive greater participation in the most current content. Too bad the current Open World content from the current 3 DLCs isn't included. I tested that as well.
  19. Chewsy Well-Known Player

It has always been double source marks for the open world content in the latest 3 DLCs, at least since STU when I started playing again. This doesn't mean all open world content gave double SM, just the endgame DLCs' open world content. Whether that was intended or not remains to be seen.
    • Like x 4
  20. MrsBalmighty New Player

Are you aware that in some content like ffn and fvn the extra marks are going into group loot. However happiness home is working fine from what I've noticed so far. Can you please clarify what content is supposed to be giving 2x source marks. Its all very confusing right now. Thank you.
    • Like x 2