Another DDoS? Server crashing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I love how I am unable to play because of studies and you all, in sheer kindness, decide not to play as well.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That's about as funny as my friend telling me the past two weeks how lucky I am to have to go to work while he's stuck at home bored, watching TV because he had two weeks between classes.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, was fine till I tried to enter a raid...no go. 'Disconnected' at loading screen after 1 or 2 min 'loading'.

I blame Proxy....obviously they were trying to 'fix' things to resolve the disconnects Proxy reported....

And yeah, this one kind of stings...hadn't run a lot of raids due to a lot of noodling over what Artis to bump this week....was playing catch-up tonight, er....was going to catch-up. Had a few more Artis to work on too....double bummer.

EDIT: Yeah, as of now can't load in past toon selector screen. So maybe it's lucky I didn't get in that raid. Still could use some time to get my last few Artis done though. Put 2x XP through till Sunday?
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Well, you are making money while he is feeling useless. So yeah, in his view you are lucky.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Maybe, but I really could use some downtime. It's been a rough month both personally and professionally for many of us on the team at work.
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Well, the server is being DDoSed, so there's your downtime.
    • Like x 1
  7. SppeMtoN Active Player

Last minute double artifact usage denial
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

how often are ddos happening?
    It's a relatively new regular thing?
    who doesn't like columbus nova or eg7? Or is targeting an outsourced server farm owned by amazon or google who host some government contracted sites?
    /ponder malware intent on boosting crypto mining. Those *ers want all the help they can get. Is folding@home running in the background? I only know of that because i had a PS3.

I had no intention of getting a PS3 from a retail store. Shirley, not at launch. (no games yet warrant the purchase) A friend of mine, bought many consoles. Months later I bought one from him at less than retail cost. I got a fat ps3 blu ray player. I spent some time in beta on the console. Chose the PC version at launch.

I'm not stepping foot in that other thread about.... submit a ticket with tech support. It crashed. meh. The app was running for how many hours? It's not run well for a long time. ya get better performance at times. Repeatable if then therefore aspects, might lead to something. Sometimes a file(s) on the hard drive gets corrupted and ya need to reinstall. Electronics are great when they work. said the land survey dude walking by, hoping to not have to use a tape measure or scope and poles with twine. Cash register down. Seeing all these self check out registers being out of order in the past year. Unable to process credit cards from a random county internet hub outage. The variables are many. You've got 10 apps open on the Pc at the same time? whatever... good luck getting tech support from the community manager. o_O

TY to Mepps for communicating. :oops:
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Unfortunately, we have not been able to address the issue with the server online, so we will move forward with a quick downtime and restart to resolve the issue. Details will be in the announcements forum.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a hardware issue, and not a network event.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Those dang hamsters must be revolting.
  12. Achikah All About That Base

Thanks for the update, we'll be waiting.

My own personal update: Radahn has been slain. Praise the Erdtree!
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh guess I will add my own horror story. So I had finished everything I wanted to do with my CR 355 toon and decided I felt like creating a new hero. Finished the tutorial and did the first mission Oracle handed me at the Little Bohemia PD. Then Went to the PD to grab the first Booster Gold mission and headed back out to defeat Grodd's troops. Every time I try to go out the front door of the Polce Station I crash. Now unlike some others the game keeps letting ME log back on but if I can't get out the door without crashing what's the use? Hopefully they fix this QUICK *rolls eyes*
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I think.... /wary.... it may have to do with regular text bots. gold spammers? /somewhatsarcastically
    what's the current game policy for new accounts having global chat access? (free, premium, members) I'd expect gold bots to be free users, but they just might spend now and then if they are making any money.

If they made no money, they'd leave. right?
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Tech support page 1 -- "When in doubt....reboot". Lets cross our fingers.
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

If it's a hardware issue, rebooting might aggravate it AND screw their O/S.

They better run to the nearest Walmart and get new parts.
    • Like x 1
  17. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Didn't They JUST Upgrade the HardWare?
    Must have been Bargain Basement Specials.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

They did and it seems like a case of bad upgrade, i.e., when you don't check the compatibility list.

Here's hoping they broke the old part, not the recently upgraded one.
    • Like x 2
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

They installed the malware ridden EG7 hardware.
    SOE was in SanDiego CA. Daybreak was in Houston TX. I think if the servers were there, on a hot day the AC shuts down?? Dimensional Ink is working from home? The number of company changes over the years. The server allocated assets may or may not include properties including past company names that may or may not be a licensing issues? /headspins

because it began with PS3, I always recall the PS3 server cluster image online.... [IMG]
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Of course this is happening. It's my night off.