Favorite NPC Quote

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Mar 27, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

LMAO, that's perfect. That reminded me of some of the "Distressed Citizen" lines. Some that stick out to me are the guy that says "You're right, I can just buy another horse. I'll be back in that saddle in no time!" or something like that and the girl that says something like "You're right! I'm sane! And my dog Scout is sane, too! I need to go let him out!"

One of the most relatable funny Iconic/NPC interactions IMO is in that mentor mission dealing with the Spectre, when Hal is talking about the situation before you head in and he warns you about how powerful Spectre is and how he's the hand of judgement and all that and then he turns to Ollie like "just like the old time, right, Green Arrow?" and Ollie just stands there silently for a moment and then you all just head in to face Spectre lmao.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

First is Lex Luthor in Fire and Brimstone when he says “Do you think I got the math wrong?!?!?” This is funny to me because I’m pretty sure that has been the immediate response in my head to somebody arguing with or questioning me about 871,485 times in my life.

Second is “You hit like a child!!” I always think “man, Satyr children must be some strong MFers cause I just obliterated you in two seconds…you know…like a child.

Third is John Constantine to Zatana in Shattered Gotham. “You say that, but it’s in my stick isn’t it?” I always like to think this is a double entendres referencing something from their brief romantic fling.
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Flash vs Gorilla Grodd

”Who’s a big angry gorilla?!? Grodd Is! Yes he is!!!”
    i swear! I thought for sure I was fighting alongside Wally instead of Barry every time I heard that!
    especially the way the rest of Flash’s lines came off sounding more like a Joe Friday type when he was in the station house!
    (for the first few years anyway)
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Makes sense, given that it WAS Wally until DC somewhat last minute made them use Barry instead because he'd just been brought back in the comics and I'm sure a lot of the writing is the same stuff they'd already put together up to then with Wally in mind (especially since the change was as last minute as it was). Heck, they barely changed the model when this happened (the old model, ofc).
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'm in Washington D.C. just now and some citizen just called out "I'll take any rescue! I'll even pay for one!"
    A sentiment I'm sure many civilians in superhero worlds have had, lmao.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Oolong Island - Martian Manhunter trying to pronounce a word...(go to 1:40)

7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Raven at the Magic vendor in the Watchtower:
    "The place I come from? Let's just say it's the closest thing to hell that you can imagine. Yes, I've been to New Jersey."
    As a New Jersian, this cracks me up.
    • Like x 1
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I love how you can even hear him ask Batman real quick if he's saying it right lmao. It's like when you're on the phone with a friend and discussing plans and you hear him quietly ask his wife if they have anything going on before he answers or something.
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Even funnier is the fact that Gotham is usually considered to be in New Jersey and since both Bludhaven and Metropolis border Gotham/are near it, they presumably are also in New Jersey. So when you see Raven around Gotham or Metropolis for bounties, she's probably miserable being there lmao.
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Actually, according to the map coordinates, Gotham would be in South Jersey(my neck of the woods) and Metropolis would be across the bay in Delaware. Bludhaven might be in southeastern Pennsylvania.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not in this game but in the first Arkham Asylum the Joker has some beauts over the intercom. Aside from "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard" the one that has me busting a gut is "Oh, c'mon boys, he's just one man. One man dressed like a lunatic and armed to the teeth."
  12. Kid Quark Level 30

T.O. Morrow, in the ACE Chemicals instance after completing the five missions: "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR EVERY LACKWIT WITH A COMPLAINT!'

Pretty sure it was a subtle nod to the forums community from Jens :p
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I have two
    "you pays your money you take your chances" joker in vault

"we must turn back their too strong" from starfire in the brother eye solo near knights dome
    that one always cracks me up as you don't even make it past the first room before she gets scared and hightails it out of there
  14. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Everything Veronica Cale says she is funny as ever especially in oolong island. With that damn elephant interpretation lol. Also Circe this game made her one of my top favorite villains
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

So does Killer Frost. She talks trash on you then gets one shotted by drones. LOL
    • Like x 1
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Michelle Forbes(Ensign Ro Laren from Star Trek TNG) voices her perfectly. Although, ran the Port of Paradise duo the other day and it certainly wasn't her voicing her. I wish they could get Viola Davis to voice Amanda Waller in this game as she nails her in the Suicide Squad movies.
    • Like x 1
  17. Asentmah Well-Known Player

They might of had to replace her for a bit or she was under the weather. Viola? Nahh love her but need actual voice actors. Specifically C C H Pounder the best voice for Amanda Waller. I kinda hope they have some content around her since villains are going to be working with heroes now and she’ll be a good way to bring that together for small or big storylines.
  18. MetehanWayne Active Player

Batman's "NOW!"
  19. Dilios Well-Known Player

"Kal-El, I give you one more chance, fight by our side!"

General Zod, Sunstone Matrix Raid.

:)
  20. L T Devoted Player

From the Superman Level 30 Mission
    "remind me to tell Sivana that his robots suck!" -- Calculator

From the Strykers Alert
    "um... I don't think that was the right button" -- guard who releases the prisoners

From the Watchtower
    Like *ALL* of Aquaman's Easter-egg quotes crack me up. Just go to where he's selling equipment and keep talking to him.