RIP Precision

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gulrick TheWanderer, Mar 12, 2022.

1. zNot Loyal Player

I hope he responds we cant really know what they know.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Were you or were you not complaining recently about Save the Universe Throne of the Dead (Ares in particular) being imbalanced because it was tested by a bunch of sweaty gadgets prec players?

I'm not going to begin to guess the extent to which this "clipping" and "exploiting" may have impacted the perception of difficulty and subsequent attempt to balance things, but you'd probably be silly, if not entirely in blind denial to think it has and had absolutely no impact at all.

If people were testing content and playing content while using unintended clipping then when it comes to things like DPS checks, if the players were reliant upon using something they no longer can to achieve the necessary burn, then that content would need to be reviewed.

I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying it's a possibility you shouldn't so quickly dismiss, even more so given you've acknowledged the issue in the past elsewhere (in my first sentence)
    • Like x 4
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Okay but explain to me what elite throne raid has anything to do with Critical version of a different raid? But yes i did complain because its so heavily dependet on DPS which means you either use the meta or you will be stuck 30minutes in that bossfight and still not complete ares lol,its not the same thing though tsde critical is like stage fifth stage of a elite raid while that throne raid was a „one elite version“ only difficulty.. i dont see how that can be compared?

Only very few players have the knowledge of these exploits to assume that this effects most other elite endgame groups is a far stretch. Well the only thing we dont know is as you said if the people who Tested/gave feedback about critical were using those exploits or not? The devs may know that better or the ones who Tested this sadly this happens behind closed doors which is something i dislike.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

On the contrary it has everything to do with it. Who do you think is the target audience for critical elite? Who do you think is more likely to be using this type of "clipping" and/or "exploiting" or "advanced play" - is it or is it not the advanced elite players?

Yes it is, of course it is. You do not have casuals out at Little Bohemia bot clipping.

It doesn't matter what raid it is, they're all balanced around a player feedback or performance and when you've got a raft of those players using things like this it's not just going to distort one raid, it's going to distort every raid.

The exact impact this has on content will no doubt come out in the wash over the next wee while, it may be next to nothing at all, it may be a lot, like I said I'm not going to guess what impact it was truly having, but it was most likely having at least, some, which is my point.

If the impact was too great and again I'm not saying it is/was I'm merely saying if it was too great, then you may very well have to look at the impact it might have been having on where you placed boss health or burn checks on various content.
    • Like x 4
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I just dont believe the devs scaled critical based on prec gadgets with exploits thats it,if they really did then yes a rebalance would be acceptable.

But the guy asking about this nerf,said himself that its possible to complete critical without those exploits so i think thats something you need to keep in mind too. If they trully did scale it for prec gadgets with exploits you would see how impossible that would be lol the gap is huge,but its not needed to complete it which speaks for that it wasnt scaled gadgets prec with exploits.
  6. jolaksi Well-Known Player

AGAIN Im not asking or demanding for a straight up nerf. Cant you read nor understand the things write?

When considering the things Mepps said, right now, we are not playing with the scaled raid difficulty we supposed to have. (Players beating it doesnt justify it is fine this way.) And normalizing difficulty for our level is not called nerf. Its tuning (just like how we test out the fresh content in test server and they tune it depending on feedback.)
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Let's be honest though, it isn't, wasn't just prec gadgets using bot clipping, it was a bunch of people across every power, almost certainly, so despite the fact I was mentioning prec gadgets because people like to "place them upon the top of the heap" it's probably unfair to single them out, this was a widespread thing being used.

With that being the case it's more likely than not this had some impact, You're right though critical most likely could be completed without these things, hence the reason why I said I didn't want to begin to guess what impact it really had, which is an acknowledgement of that point, but...

Ask yourself this, if people in here seemingly by their own acknowledgement are suggesting players of certain powers, were relying upon this bot clipping to keep up with others, what does that tell you about what impact this may have to at least some of this?

It certainly raises an eyebrow at least that there might be some genuine concern, the last thing we'd want is a situation where we're also repeating what you raised an issue with Save the Universe, where you alleged you had to be meta to reasonably complete something.

That's the point right, it's one thing you raised yourself right with save universe, when do we decide there's an issue, if it's easy to complete critical elite with 3 gadgets dps but infinitely harder with 3 water might dps, then we've probably got a problem somewhere.

To be abundantly clear I'm NOT saying nerf anything, least of all critical elite, but it's at least something one should keep an open mind about if this was being as heavily relied upon as some even suggest.
    • Like x 1
  8. GermanM Committed Player

If that happen they will start crying about it like they are doing it now. I cannot use Super Speed, make´s me fell bad, dizzy and nauseous, maybe i´m too old xD. But the point is they only use the power because have those glichs, is way to unfair to flyers and acrobatics
    • Like x 3
  9. Mr.W Committed Player

My opinion on it is i understand they don't want ppl using repair bots, cola, etc for clipping (the ppl doing it were genius though. Makes me feel bad b/c they actually took the time to see how non-combat items could boost their damage lol). I however, don't want to see the clipping mechanic/jump canceling as a whole removed b/c there are a lot of abilities that lock you in animation & can cause deaths when you're unable to block. Tanks also clip their pulls with shields.

I am in agreement with Proxystar though where I would like to see the other weapon combos improved. The biggest thing that would help a lot of them is to shorten the amount of taps/holds before their big hit along with raising some of their damage.
    • Like x 1
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'm not a fan of hot swapping from inventory, but then use it for swapping out Orbital strike for supply drop vs bounties.
    /shrug. perhaps the game graphic update will include UI that makes inventory accessing during combat a thing of the past? a few more slots of UI for use during combat?
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I definitely didn’t read into it the same way OC did either. I try not to assume what someone means when they make a post on here till it’s clarified a bit more. But like I’ve said before, I don’t blame any devs for not responding on here much because their words get twisted constantly. They can’t say anything without someone reading way too deep into it. Devs: we’re working on a graphics update. Players: omg 4k 400fps is coming!! Devs: no we mean like some small updates. Players: devs lie they hate us. Over and over.

Besides the fact that if someone feels someway about whatever, that’s their opinion. You can disagree with them but that’s still their opinion and they’re allowed to have it. But I still think it was just a comment that got taken way out of context.
    • Like x 7
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While I don’t agree with him getting banned, he does have an extensive history of causing trouble. Mepps opinion is that he doesn’t like the state of clipping. And while I don’t like it, it’s his right to feel that way. Like myself OC didn’t like it either but he did read to much into it. Mepps made a clear point at the end that it was in his opinion and that was all. So OC could definitely have his opinions on why clipping is not bad and I have also said that in response to mepps. However OC went out of his way to make a video on mepps saying that.

Now his fanbase definitely does go out of their way for him which again, causes issues. It’s fine to like and support content creators. In fact I think dcuo could do more with content creators since it can be free promotion. But blindly following someone isn’t good either. I remember a time when OC got banned from the forums and OC made a video asking his followers to spam mepps to unban him. So I can understand why the actions were taken against him. Again, I don’t necessarily agree with the actions but I get it
    • Like x 2
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

I don't think hot swapping is bad specifically for the reasons you mentioned. Sometimes you may want to dig in your inventory for a supply drop after a pick-up. The only thing to be mindful of is to not try to balance the game against it. Thats what created the issue with save the universe.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I think thats not as powerfull as swaping arts during combat but for real fairness everyone should only be able to use what they came into the fight with (no swapping of arts,trinkets etc) also Im just wondering why cant we switch our abilites during combat but can our arts/trinkets etc? Im curious if its intented to swap or not. Mepps please response :) as mepps said we have OP players (that benefit from unintented exploits) and i hope they continue to really focus on closing that damage gap..
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PS I almost never ban people unless something egregious is going on. You get warnings for stupid posts you make, and when you hit thresholds the system bans you for a week.

This discussion can stay on topic or end.
    • Like x 4
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I agree with this 100% i have never liked clipping since i started in 2013 , it never felt like something that was intended and just felt like a cheezy exploit and i think its the root cause of why powers became unbalanced to begin with and i think the game would have been better off if clipping was removed from the start.

Just my 2 cents
    • Like x 2
  17. zNot Loyal Player

You mind answering if swapping arts trinkets etc is intented during combat?
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Agree but does it matter what we think about it now? If they arent gonna remove it „because its too late“
  19. Lowest New Player

I would hope art swapping is intended. Paying $200 for an art like dead kings or philosopher stone and not be able to swap it is useless
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Artifacts were not designed specifically with swapping mid-combat in mind.
    • Like x 7