Fixed Wonderverse missions are not available @CR300+

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Old Endorphins, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Old Endorphins New Player

I was expecting to get access to Wonderverse after reaching 300CR but i didn't . I can use the teleporters and go to Patchwork Themyscira but there aren't any missions available for me, I can interact with the vendors but that's about it. My CR342 btw. Also under my journal -> priority -> Tier 6 , do not have Wonderverse as an option.

Thanks

PS. League mate has the same issue , so it's not just me.
    • Like x 2
  2. Decrevecoeur New Player

have the same issue on two of my characters
  3. Sodapopchicken95 New Player

i am not able to talk to wonder woman to get my daily missions and bounties for the first time on a new character. I have done the solo already and it is still not showing up. Nothing showing up in journal either.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

That's weird......hmmmm, did it automatically place itself in your journal once reaching that cr?
  5. Sodapopchicken95 New Player

No it didn’t for a few of the open world areas. I don’t have any Between Titans island and 31st new century
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

did you follow the mission prompts for the DLC
    most DLCs now you have to perform in a specific order the first time to unlock everything
    check your journal and make sure you follow the order given
  7. Sodapopchicken95 New Player

That’s what I’m saying, I never received them. And I tried running the solo just to see if it would fix it cause I know that’s what you need to do for Patwork and still have nothing
    • Like x 1
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

Investigating this.
    • Like x 1
  9. TLantern Developer

I've been digging into this issue. For those experiencing this, I would recommend the following:

Check your Journal for a Tier 6 Mission called "Further Crises Pt.6." This is a mission that has you talk to Harbinger in the House of Legends when you reach Tier 6 via your CR. Once you speak to her, she will instantly grant you the Wonderverse Pointer Mission.

If you do not see the Mission "Further Crises Pt. 6" Then check to see if you have a Mission from Steve Trevor called "A.R.G.U.S On Duty." The missions from Steve Trevor are a set of tutorial missions for the game, so it's required to do them before Harbinger will start giving you the "Further Crises" Missions.

If you're still not seeing any of these missions then we may need to dig a little deeper as you may be in a weird spot with your progression. I would suggest that you try to do any mission in the House of Legends you may have or any of our tutorial missions if you haven't already.

If you are still stuck, tell me your CR and what missions you do have available. Also, let me know the last open world you are able to access and do daily missions for.

Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How are players who don't read the forums supposed to know these things? Will it be fixed?

I got past it with an alt last week by successfully running the Patchwork solo and then buying enough gear to leverage into the 31st century, but that was trial and error.
  11. TLantern Developer

We're trying to find out where the bug is, that's why I asked a series of questions. Players are supposed to get the missions I laid out in my post, without following them in order you'll run into this issue. That is unless you never got Further Crises or the A.R.G.U.S missions.

I am wondering if players are either ignoring the required missions or they are not getting them at all. You mentioned you got around the issue, but can you confirm if you ever got the Further Crises Missions or the A.R.G.U.S ones from Steve Trevor?
    • Like x 2
  12. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I figured out on my own that I had to talk to the Harbinger display to get the missions to show up when leveling a character, and honestly it's probably not an issue for new players, but it's a major change for older players who had leveled up before. In the past, when you hit CR, the appropriate mission was added automatically, now there's the additional step of having to go to the HOL to get the missions in your journal.

On another, related note, you are directed to the HOL for the tier 6 missions at 280 CR, and you can do the Wonderverse On Duty missions at that point, but, for me at least, I couldn't TP into Patchwork Themy. I'm assuming CR 299 is still needed to actually enter Patchwork? If so, that's a bug that needs addressed
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I know I got at least the A.R.G.U.S. missions on my alts. I ignored them so far because they were so utterly tedious to do over and over and over for eighteen alts; there's only so much time in the day, and doing something that gives no rewards but hearing the same damn voiceovers a jillion times seemed like it could wait, given the other hundred-odd undone-for-the-first-time missions all my alts have waiting.

When one has more than five or six alts, lots of "obligatory" missions necessarily fall by the wayside, in many cases for many years. Half my alts still haven't even entered two-thirds of game instances, or done two-thirds of the available missions, roughly speaking, despite all being leveled to at least CR 320.

There's just no time left to spare to do all that stuff after this many years of missions accumulating. There's not time to do even a fraction of the total number of missions even once for every, or even most, alts, and still keep seriously leveling at least one top-CR toon.

Incidentally, that string of here's-what's-up-in-the-HoL missions keeps promising that each mission (okay, not all, but the last few) is "the last" and then it gives us a variant of "oh, except for THIS one more mission!" It's kind of silly. As well as tedious.

After a player has done the set of missions once, there absolutely should be a way to cancel having to do them ever again for additional toons. Requiring people to do that string -- and it's hardly the only such obligation in the game -- twelve, fourteen, sixteen, nineteen, whatever, times is kinda nuts.

Y'all, I suggest, need to take into consideration the overall load on players' playing time that's "obligatory," not just the amount of time that's necessary for a single toon to get them all done, until such time as you make it possible to complete the missions for 16-plus alts in one single mission, not sixteen missions in which nothing is accomplished but hearing the same voice-overs for the sixteenth, or whatever, time.

Players have a stubborn tendency to do what they want to do, not what they're "supposed" to do, I'm afraid. Even if they know that they have to do missions X, Y, and Z to get to State !. Which isn't always the case.

I'd suggest always keeping in mind as much as possible that player experiences need to be actually fun and attractive for the players, to get them to want to do a mission, and not just "intended" by y'all devs.

Have you ever sat down and had to run through the "welcome to the HoL!" missions 17 times in a day AND tried to do all your dailies for all your alts, AND tried to do some raids, and still had time to eat/drink/sleep in 24 hours?

It's not actually all that much fun, to put it mildly. When game experiences become duties and not pleasures, they fail.

Allow me to please repeat for emphasis: When game experiences become duties and not pleasures, they fail.

This obviously applies to every darn voice-over in the game, as well as every "go here and do that" introductory mission. They all need to be made voluntary experiences after you've done them with one toon, rather than mandatory-for-every-individual-toon.

In my opinion, at least. Not to say I'm not grateful for all the hard work y'all do or don't appreciate the limits you work with.
    • Like x 1
  14. TLantern Developer

I hear you. I'll report that feedback too. We want to make it easy for everyone, including older players. Keep giving feedback like this and other suggestions. We can try to figure out a better way for players to get these missions.

This was for the Orrery teleporter in the House of Legends? I'll look into that as well.
    • Like x 1
  15. TLantern Developer

I totally get it. The plan is to keep making life easier for players over time. When HOL rolled out in EP41 we expected to have bumps in the road, but our overall goal was to make the day-to-day easier and time friendly. Clearly we have more to do and constructive feedback like yours helps.
    • Like x 1
  16. Grace007 New Player

Yay! It worked. So happy! I mean, the ARGUS mission. Yay!
  17. MuscledGamers New Player

this is happening to me now....i can access the dlc's before and after wonderverse with no issues. however, this does not seem to be the case with wonderverse
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

As TLantern says, you'll need to do the ARGUS on Duty mission to access the Harbinger monitor thing, but also to get to the ARGUS on Duty mission, you have to do that introductory mission that gives you a tour of the HOL. You can start this by interacting with the big projector thing in the middle of the Foyer. I had this same problem before as you can see in my thread "Amazons Hate Her". This tour/intro mission thing eventually will lead to you talking to Steve Trevor and getting the ARGUS on Duty mission from him. So start that, get the ARGUS mission, do it, and then interact with the Harbinger monitor right under Rip.