Devs, why can't supercharge be saved upon logout?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Is this a thing that just can't be coded? It's a big nuisance to just lose all the accumulated supercharge every time there is a random crash.
    • Like x 9
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This was one of my favorite things about the 'linkdead' feature. That and NOT losing my place in a random queue group as I 'flee-crash' in a raid.

I know it had the bugs and all, and some doofs used it to glitch...but the things it worked for were beneficial.
    • Like x 3
  3. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

Simple fix would be to let it recharge with barrels like it used to. There is no harm in that, always was a head scratcher as to why it was removed. I think it was a pvp ‘exploit.’ Pvp, what was that again?
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Supercharge isn’t in a good place right now. With the supercharge cost being removed at the start of the animation being the most recent negative change.

I’ve used biggun for years. 100% supercharge cost. Now, if I activate biggun and someone gets KO’d and I need to pick up, or a mechanic requires me to move or block, and I have to jump cancel; I lose my whole supercharge bar. If that’s an alert, chances are that’s my one supercharge for the alert gone. Supercharges are supposed to be a fun element of combat but the game isn’t set up to encourage their use. Not every run is a Gemini spam fest.

With the frequent disconnect and crash issues in the game, supercharge bars should absolutely remain at their previous level upon logout/login.
    • Like x 3
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Another reason to not use a supercharge loadout.
    • Like x 1
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

ESO has this feature and It would be nice if dcuo has this feature it sucks that in this game if you crash and relog back in you lose everything you built up. I am not sure if it's this Ancient game engine dcuo runs on that prevents it or what but it's a massive QOL feature that should come in 2022.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

From my understanding, it was the bugs, not the griefing, that caused them to fully abandon it. It was causing people to not be able to get back into their accounts until the timer ended and every attempt was in some cases extending the timer to log out.

I really liked this feature too, but boy it was a problem when it didn't work right.
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im with you who cares if barrels build super charge its open to all they really should change it back
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I bet it's for reasons. I hate reasons.
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Are you seriously not using a supercharge on your loadout because you might crash and lose it?
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I don't know why it had to be 10 min. Even with the worst crash, most people are back in 2-3 minutes. Anything that too 10 min was generally ISP related and no one was coming back at 9 min and 50 seconds. A 3 or 4 min timer would still have worked and greatly lessened the occasional case of 'getting stuck'...IMHO.

When it worked...it worked great. When it didn't it was aggravating, but so is losing your raid group. I personally only got stuck a few times but crash normally 1 or 2 times a session on my PS. I'd take the trade. I know no one likes options, but maybe a 'linkdead enabled' option for those that would want it on?
  12. BumblingB I got better.

This was also when they were still supporting the PS3. So it's possible that it could return on the newer more powerful platforms.

I do know that the perma-linked dead was happening on PC as well. So it was obviously something inherent with the code and not so much the platform it was running on. (One of my leaguemates had it happen where he had to wait 30 minutes to get back in.)
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, just saying that my PS DCUO crashes way more than the PC. If linkdead was not a thing on PC it would not be as big a deal as PC stays up 100% better (and I play on both about equally). Although both platforms had it and could benefit if it returned properly working, PS users would benefit the most as we crash for way more unavoidable reasons (like walking through a door or teleporter...or committing the crime of 'warp to' anywhere) where a quick return is actually possible. The 'newer and more powerful' PS5 seems to crash just as much as PS4 or PS3...so I'm not sure the new hardware helps any.
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Yep. And for other various reasons. Even if I do run one, I hop on and do a few dailies, hop in the duo and get to use it 1 time? Not really worth it now is it. You crash and you lose it. Switch toons and you lose it. Most sc are stationary so trying to apply it in runs where tanks YANK ads away is also not ideal. Uses up a loadout slot. Other arts with more active bonuses could be used.

And with all the updates to the game between damage scaling, power cost, cooldowns, etc, it has left a sour spot for me.
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

What if we could just like charge our supercharge by holding a button? You know, sorta like charging your KI in DBZ.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

i think a supercharge housing item could/would be welcomed imo.

Could be a paid convenience item.

But would they have to design raids with Super Charges in mind?
    • Like x 1
  17. Leonite Well-Known Player

I don't remember the SC barrels but I would appreciate that in the HOL or WT so I don't have to get them from a sparring target in several minutes. It doesn't even have to be a barrel as long as it would fill up the SC bar faster than button mashing vs the sparring target.
  18. C3alix Committed Player

Forum of the 12 Caesars area in Gotham had crystals that would fill up your SC when you smashed them in front of you. Players used to also duel each other prior to a boss battle with no weapons to build them as well.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not just grant 50% SC on log in?

Everytime you log in you get 50% SC. 100% would be exploitable but 50% seems fine, considering you need to close the game completely for this to happen.
  20. Ergotth Committed Player

Use the target practice dummy, every power have that one skill that gives you supercharge faster, just spam it on the dummy and you're good to go in a couple minutes.