The Art Of Patience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And I'll admit I've had a few 'good' runs (ugh...I feel dirty) in Omnis. However, I do hedge my bets by staying out of easily 'failable' runs unless I know I can get them done by myself if needed.

Interesting side note/ I've had one guy that over the last few days I've helped get into like 9 different duos or alerts and even an Elite raid (then left). I think I've only ever done it on the same toon once, and none are my main, so he probably doesn't even realize I'm the same guy helping him....but it just goes to show that an adjustable queue is still needed and might end up being a better benefit than omni ever was (minus the mark/loot generation) for just 'getting in' and for sure getting feats done. He could obviously have custom queued and let omni fill in the spots, but 'queue then leave' was the better option apparently. I'm still shooting for AQS. Maybe one day.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I am much more lax in my Omni choices if I'm on a tank toon....healer a bit less so, but still.... Yeah, knowing that if all else fails you can stay upright amongst the sea of dead bodies who don't know what a skull means makes all the difference. I've started opening my 'playlist' a bit but ones with multi users mechanics, or 'burn check' points (like the drone in HH) are still on the no-no list.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Tanks really got the best out of the clamp. Then if they have any of the artifacts for tanks above 80 AND in tank gear, it's crazy. lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I don't use my tank artifacts in omnibus, I use my DPS ones.

Quislet, Grimorium, Source shard - all rank 200 (I do have 13 rank 200 artifacts though for various scenarios)

Allies - Nubia rank 8, Aquaman rank 10, Harley rank 9
    (I have a raft of other allies also though)

Generator mods are 4 health, 4 dom, 4 precision

Augments are all precision

SP are max dom, with the rest spread out elsewhere, I can't remember exact specifics as not in game, but if you're interested PM me and I'll send it to you later.

I battle tank using precision in omnibus and there's virtually nothing I can't solo with patience, in terms of speed it's not really that bad either, given they alternative focus I've given to precision.

I could increase the damage output, but tbh I made the build with an intent to also be balanced with survival in end game like SM and elite, where I have also used it from time to time, especially where a full second tank isn't necessary.

For more survivability you simply switch in Dom augments and ultimately yes eventually tank artifacts.

With that being said though, you can make perfectly viable tank type builds with any power in the game as they've all got access to more than enough personal shields, it's simply a case of building your character properly using dominance primarily, resto, health and then balanced with damage output.

You'll probably notice a focus I've put on pets, as they're great for battle roles and omnibus when balanced correctly.

I cannot stress enough how literally anybody of any power type can play like this if they know what they're doing and want to put in the effort, I'm also entirely happy to help if you want it :)
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Wasn't struggling in non elite. Was just commenting that tanks drew the winning straw post clamp. :) Thanks though. I'm sure some players would find this info beneficial. <3
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Should be noted that my build works exceptionally well in elite as well ;)

Also I'm not convinced tanks drew the winning straw, that's the point I was making.

I think players are literally building their characters incorrectly when it comes to omnibus.

They're approaching it with the same "one shoe fits all" end game glass cannon mentality then acting surprised when they board the struggle bus of their own making :D
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Forgive slight digression, but on the topic of players being deceptive, I'm getting tired of the people in Doomed Washington, or doing other outdoor bounties elsewhere, who announce on LFG "Manta [or whichever bounty wherever] at 50%" when in fact, they're the only person standing around an untouched, unharmed, bounty and they're clearly just lying to get people to show up.

I'm seeing this several times a day or more nowadays. I don't stick around.
    • Like x 4
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Send 'em a tell to stop crying wolf. ;)
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't waste much emotional or other energy on this sort of stuff, but on the occasions when I've sent a tell along the lines of "why are you shouting about 50% when [bounty X] is untouched?," I, unsurprisingly, have gotten radio silence in return. Shocker, I know.

And that's at least better than the rude or abusive responses some would give.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've come over a few times and found them unstarted and just say 'You need to learn how math works' to the shouter. I get padding the number a bit, say 50% vs 70%, but if it's not started yet, just say 'XYZ up' or '...starting soon'. I get what they are doing, trying to draw people in for a 'quick' kill, but it's gotten to the point I hardly buy it. I'll just stay in my phase, or do some phasing in the hot spots (like Giganta) and look for a populated phase. The % numbers basically mean nothing anymore as far as i'm concerned. I'd rather see 'started' or 'starting' as I'd guess those are actually accurate.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not sure what's worse, the person who lied about the bosses health or the person then angry they didn't get to opportunistically take advantage of a boss half dead - food for thought ;)
    • Like x 4
  12. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, that's annoying too. Luckily when I see that, I just phase hop until I see real action. ;)
    • Like x 4
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Fair point, though I suspect most people are just wanting to join a larger group that has a higher chance of success in less time. Not everyone can solo the bounties, and even those that can probably don't want to spend the time when it can be done much faster in a group. I was more curious if people would respond well to, "Looking to start Giganta, PST for invite," or if most just want to hop into action that already started.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It's just natural human behavior and reason the player is doing it is because players will resist joining a fresh phase because they're desperately looking for a quick efficient fix so they can move on.

This type of opposing behavior is clearly evident and I can attest to it having spent over a decade playing the game.

At least now we have a phase changing feature allowing us to manually change phases which helps.

But realistically despite the fact I can entirely appreciate a player being irked about being lied to too attract them to a phase it's a little like the term, "what came first, the chicken or the egg".

At the end of the day, you're there to do a bounty, who cares if it's fresh or half dead as long as you're getting it done :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Yep, TC -another reason for me to hang up my hero hat (again).
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I appear to have been unclear in my point, which has nothing to do with anyone having an interest in not doing the full bounty, but with people who make misleading or simply lying statements on LFG.

This really has absolutely nothing to do with looking for bounties that haven't started. It's about people on LFG lying.

When I shift phases, I'm just looking for a bounty group; I'm not looking to get ahead the trivial amount of time it takes a group to burn these event bounties. But I'm not going to take the time to try to solo, so looking for a group is faster than starting from absolutely scratch. Having people announce groups that don't exist is unhelpful.
    • Like x 2
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Thread Derail imminent

[IMG]
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate what you're saying, although, if the only other phase running the bounty currently is full then players might say things like this to attract a mob to their phase to get one started.

The reason they lie is because that lie attracts the players who are trying to take advantage of a half dead boss, even if that personally isn't you, there are a lot of players who have that mindset.

What you see as a malicious lie could equally so be viewed as quite a smart manipulative move to take advantage of a piece of human psychology.

I appreciate entirely that it might annoy some people who feel like it lacks integrity, however despite the fact it might be a lie the act of doing it, is quite intelligent and that aspect I respect.

At the end of the day, I've got better things to worry about in life or for that matter even in game than whether or not a killed a bounty from 50% or 100% because someone "tricked me" if I phased there under false pretenses I'm more likely to laugh and just think "well played, good sir, well played".

However I do entirely appreciate your differing view of it :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I also find these messages very annoying. I ignore them all. These are examples of not knowing how to communicate.
    • Like x 1