What am I doing wrong in the event race?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastroflare, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Why am I the only one who can't use a faster movement speed for this event? Players who start after me end up boosting their flight speed somehow yet no matter what button I push I can't go faster (aside from pressing down L3).

Even in a perfect run I can't beat the 2:10 time either.

What gives?
  2. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

To ttemporary boost the speed you need to collect pink hears along the way.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kestral Committed Player

The bright pink hearts boost your speed. You have to fly through them. The dark Red hearts explode and knock-back other flyers around you.

Also general flight mechanics if you fly straight-ish down you get a bit of a increased speed when leveling out again.
  4. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks! I was avoiding all the hearts. lol
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've gotten the feat, but when i ran it the other day i could have sworn i passed through a heart and it exploded and i was slowed down.

Shirley, I'm glad it's not a daily to earn hearts from.
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It is a daily for 1 heart though :p
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

that is not in the journal or has a portal to race beginning location in metropolis near HoL npc per faction?? /sigh

...nope. enter metropolis portal, takes me to the race beginning. passing through hearts do boost speed, got platinum beating time, raced alone.
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

That's why I was avoiding the hearts. The dark ones explode and the lighter colored hearts boost your speed for a little bit.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Have you or anyone else noticed passing through the hearts does not trigger half the time? It drives me crazy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Hearts not triggering or triggering some time after you pass them is a pretty common thing for me. In my case I guess it's ping since I'm playing on US server from another continent.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's not directly tied to your location. I've lived in four states in the US over the course of the game and those hearts have always been iffy about actually going off, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

I've only seen this happen if you try to consecutively get each speed boost. If you brake at the spot instead you'll get the boost every time. I assume it's some form of lag triggered by moving too fast.
    • Like x 2