Can we have a discussion on how to bring might up, or prec down for them to be balanced?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AKXC, Feb 9, 2022.

1. AKXC Well-Known Player

If you are a might dps, going up against a prec user who spams brawling -> MA or DW -> bow, might struggles to catch up.

Devs, PLEASE look at the damage and time required to do these weapon mastery moves, and the time and damage required for a might loadout to go through. Its a bit ridiculous that you can just clap your hands throw shuriken and you will almost always do more damage than an entire 5 power might rotation.

Either buff superpowers in a superhero game, or make weapon damage in line with might.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapons have already been nerfed a couple times. At this point if you're a Might DPS and you're still struggling, it's you.
    • Like x 16
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We can. But I say this anytime this post comes up: you have to give much more information. What cr are they? What cr are you? What’s your power set and rotation? What is theirs? What artifacts were they using and which ones were they using? What instance was this in? Was there an EoG spamming healer? Were there multiple dps EoG circles? Were they tac swapping? Were you??

There is so much more to this than “prec is better than might” because that’s just not true. I can blow most players out of the water with night and then go get wrecked by prec in certain instances and then go into another instance with them and blow them out of the water yet again. I get my buns handed to me in AoE in the 1st room of tsde by prec. If I tac swap, it’s much less. But I’m never going to be able to stick with electric players using NVB/ cb and EoG sharing and it doesn’t matter if they’re might or prec.

Prec is also a lot harder to get solid st numbers on. Might almost always wins in that column. Plus it is a pve game primarily so never forget that it doesn’t matter who is on top nearly as much as just completing any instances
    • Like x 6
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this only matters if its a competition when this is a coop game and the only reason this is even important is made up in players minds

as far as PVP yes balance is super important

in PVE as long as someone isn't speed hacking or cheating the system the better people do only helps the others they run with

and no, no character I play with is Prec based I personally find that to be very boring and cookie cutter. . but if someone is supper stoked to be at the top of some scorecard makes the run easier then power too them but they better be very good if they even want to be close to a good player who knows what they are doing. even with the cookie cutter loadouts.

using metas doesn't make players great, time and experience do

if a player wants to rely on something imbalanced to achieve their scoreboard dreams. if thats the only way they can do it then at least their not being a hamper to their team. which is were this would really matter
    • Like x 4
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I'd argue it's not precision being too strong, but the imbalance of the weapons. Can someone spamming HB's range Hold > Hold > Hold do the same as Brawlings range Tap > Hold? Nope. Same to be said from all the other weapons vs DW and Brawling.

These two weapons are just outstandingly good. And even if they adjusted them down, they'd still out perform the others. It has to do with time. Tap > Hold is quick. It takes very little time and they clip nicely with the cooldowns of your tray. They would have to scorch earth these two weapons and I don't want to see that either. So who knows.
    • Like x 6
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny how my might based HL does more damage than my Prec based electric. The only way my prec beats my HL is when there is an EoG spammer. If you are having issues as a might dps than the issue lies with you and not with the balance. There are a few points of Skill:Reward that is at play here.

123 Might based rotations with no added skills is the easiest in game but at times will do less damage.
    Combo/clipping based Might and precision do about the same damage with a few exceptions and take more skill than braindead 123.
    Tac swapping and those other advance skills mean more damage and does favor a Might based playstyle because of how channels work and how dead kings scepter scales with might.

I have not had any issue beating might or precision dps on any of my toons unless they did tac swapping or were a skilled gadgets player. So if you insist that there is some imbalance than share what you are doing that is causing the imbalance. Instead of asking for everything that beats you to be nerfed how about asking how you can improve instead.
    • Like x 4
  7. AKXC Well-Known Player

Just because something has been nerfed 2 times according to you, doesn't mean its enough to have impact.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And just because you are not able to find a loadout/rotation that works does not mean that another nerf is needed.
    • Like x 7
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapons has gone through at least two nerfs that I can remember. What's broken is players clipping trinket toys, broken powers and repair bots with their weapon combos.
    • Like x 5
  10. AKXC Well-Known Player

Nor did I say I dont have a rotation that works. Its just that in a superhero game, where you use superpowers they can't keep up with base precision. being able to do tons of aoe damage within 1 second by tapping a button twice, versus having to do a multi power rotation its quite simple.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly. You want to fix prec than make it so toys and bots can not be used in combat. Wow easy
    • Like x 3
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That right there shows that you actually don't know what you are talking about. Precision is not JUST doing a simple weapon attack in 1 second. They are doing an weapon combo then clipping it with an ability or something else. That is not 1 second. 1 combo 1 ability vs 2 abilties. Takes about the same time. In fact I can do the same thing with HL but faster. I can do 3 abilties and the combos in the same time it takes my precision to do 2 full combos and clips.

If you had a rotation that actually worked than you would not be losing to prec by so much than you would need to make this thread.

And Yes this is a superhero game. Batman fights with martial arts. Superman punches people and so does Shazam. Almost evey single superhero and villain uses weapons or fighting styles of some kind. So by that login everyone should be forced to use weapons.
    • Like x 3
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I %100 agree with this. The "regular players" (that have enough sp to fill their most important stats, and artifacts leveled), whether might or precision, are going to be superior in damage out than someone who doesn't have the sp.

If you compare each person, maxed out, they're going to be very close at base damage. The exceptions will come into play with rotation, powers used, and coordination with their artifacts and allies. The difference could be as simple as them using HoL ally, and someone else using Oracle bot for attacking. There are many factors in "balance" and right now balance is as good as I've ever seen it.
    • Like x 3
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

How do you do in boss damage against Brawling -> Shruiken?

Also, “going up against?” This isn’t CoD
    • Like x 2
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Green Arrow. Sportsmaster. Artemis. Arsenal. The ENTIRE Bat-family.

Those are just a few "no powers only weapons" DC characters. That's literally just the ones that happen to appear in the Young Justice cartoon. I had to limit the list, somehow. (also any chance to mention Sportsmaster haha)
    • Like x 1
  16. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

All street level characters in terms of power.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So are our characters.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Also Prec uses less power first benefit.
    You have more loadout slots to use second benefit.
    Prec( DWFS,brawling) is more mobile then might third benefit considering all these benefits its simply too good and yes i use these 2 combos myself and nothing else :)
  19. BumblingB I got better.

If you say so.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have a munitions toon that has an entire load out where I can move around. I have an ice toon that only has one move that plants my feet otherwise, he can also move around freely the entire fight. Both might based. Prec lately has been incredibly power hungry. No idea what’s changed but I’m sure many have noticed.