Got to love pugs....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryll, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Ryll Committed Player

I was getting some missions out of my journal earlier today and queued into PZ alert. Troll, 2 tanks and me as a dps. During the Jor-el fight on the second set of crystals I asked one of the tanks to actually start tanking the boss instead of standing there watching us run the crystals and being killed by the boss.

We get through it and teleport to the next zone and both tanks reply with the usual "how about you do your job." "I don't tank" (that made me laugh a lot). "You're a tank power how about you tank?" (I was on my ice toon). "Do you know how to play the game?" And various other replies for the rest of the alert.

The rest of the alert I spent laughing because they just didn't get why I asked them to tank...and we had 2 of them!

Needless to say I thought it was the "best" alert I had been in for some time and I laughed the whole time!
    • Like x 4
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Yep. Just as the devs intended. Haha
    • Like x 4
  3. ForkDance New Player

Yesterday, was in an 8-man raid on my earth pet build. We clear the first part, np, then wipe on the boss. A team member, looking at the scoreboard, says 'Hey *****, If you're not going to tank than switch to dps _ ", and immediately initiates a votekick against me, the team's only tank.

I basically got kicked for using hardlight shield, which mitigates damage instead of racking up scoreboard #'s, and pistols, so can fight at range. 6 dps noobs kicked me, the only tank (and always one of the team's top performers statistically), with probably the 2nd or 3rd highest dps output also, and basically lowered their chances of success from 'very small' to 'absolutely none'.

The entire team is now on my ignore list, lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Its a huge problem that needs to be addressed. To many noobs at end game queuing as a role and don't even realizing its a role not a dps. Heals using damage moves trolls not buff trolling or power trolling. Saying they are damage troll but bottom of the score board and at that point dead weight.
    Several players using wrong affinity augments having one of each one not might or precision or having precision and dominant no vit. This game needs a tutorial on each role and what your expected mission like final fantasy has for novice players. Like why you should dodge any attack you can and not force the healer to spam. Teach the tank how to look for adds that spawn during a boss fight and how to protect healer and how a good dps is one who is still alive when the boss does a big mechanic.
    There is just to many players doing novice stuff at end game and dc putting them there without a guide doesn't help
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

don't pug, then, man.
    • Like x 1
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Seems reasonable. They knew you were a tank power and asked you to tank.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ryll Committed Player

There has been too much reliance that they will get inti leagues and be taught too play their roles from other players. I am a huge fan of adding more tutorials in terms of playing support roles after reaching level 30.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ryll Committed Player

Oh I spent most of that alert laughing my *** off at their comments. It was just mind boggling when the player in tank role told me they didn't tank.
    • Like x 4
  9. Ryll Committed Player

I guess I should be thankful that they knew ice is also a tanking power? Try to find the positive right? Lol
    • Like x 1
  10. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

Once, I got into a group and someone was queued as a healer, so I switched to dps. 5 minutes later, I had to switch back because they weren't healing. Another time, I got into a group with a healer that was only using two healing moves, and another time I got into a group where the tank was using all dps gear and augments. Its ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Exactly! LoL
    • Like x 2
  12. Starry Knight Active Player

I think the problem was more 'Queuing for a role they weren't planning to do'.
    • Like x 3
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That was sarcasm.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Lol then don't be in Tank stance then? If you're not tanking (using HL shield protecting yourself) then you're just wasting time. Very few players in this game can pull off "Battle" supports and I'm gonna guess you don't even have the SP to let alone a decent loadout, Artifacts etc? Just que in as DPS Role, not Tank role, problem solved. You deserved to be kicked in all honesty, better luck next time maybe?
    • Like x 2
  15. DanXVII Committed Player

Blind queue is always a chance you'll get a newbie who doesn't know some of the basics.
    It's better now in later years than back in the day when it was almost guaranteed that the players in on duty queue would not know their role etc, whereas nowadays alot more ppl use the blind queue for convenience and flip the coin on getting experienced team mates.
    • Like x 2
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Amazing things I've heard/read while pugging. Note: I play as a tank (Not to counter-point the OP):

"Tank, you are an *******"
    - DPS guy who rushed ahead to the boss and forced us to get wiped trying to save his ***.

"Debuffs? I don't need this"
    - Robin knock-off rushing the adds on CONTROLLER ROLE.

"This DPS sucks. He keeps attacking the adds with the tank"
    - Healer blaming the DPS for doing his job. I don't know, nobody got why he said that.

"You are supposed to AVOID THE RED MARKS when Doomsday jumps off"
    - Weird guy in Doomsday raid not realizing he was the only one of the group NOT avoiding the red marks.
    • Like x 3
  17. August Moon Well-Known Player

blind queing seems like a whole other world
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I laugh at pugs on the reg some of these runs are great and really can put you in a good mood listening to the reasons people do what they do in this game.

the ones who kill me are the clowns who only use weapon attacks and nothing else its like you know this is a super power game right.
    the tanks that scream I cant keep agro but don't cast a single power blow my mind (and yes this has really happened more than a few times)

I'm just out in the world handing out feats and carrying pugs 90% of the time I'm by my self waiting on friends to get on
    • Like x 2
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've been in plenty pug group content lately, and say Nope! and exit lately. moat often, an AFK at the start, tank not leading the raid but trailing the group, or support role that will not change from dps to support role (nearby/inspect.... 0o oooohhhhh). :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

My thoughts exactly to that post. Damage was not his job, and the group was clearly suffering from him trying to "over achieve". There's more to that role other than throwing out a pet and using HL shield and pistols. I'd kick him too.

If all you want to do is deal damage, use the damage role. Sitting back tapping triangle, with a shield over only yourself, is extremely selfish. A pet won't cover your entire role responsibilities for you.
    • Like x 2