Why disband? Just leave...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I was on a farmer alt the other night an hour or so before reset and queued into a bad run of TSD reg. Came in on 3rd boss to a short group (we were missing 2...one of which was the tank) and some people came and left. We gave it a shot once we had the spots filled with DPS, but without the tank...and being a queue up group...failed 2 more times.

One of the people who just joined 10 min earlier(who was Earth and would NOT go tank) decided to call for a disband, I voted no as I mainly wanted to finish for the cat at the end and to advance the 'tour' mission so I could buy cats from the OP bot, but enough voted yes (and who knows if they actually read the vote message) that it ended up with me and 1 other guy in there. Unfortunately as we were now in a 'disbanded' instance, we could not reopen and there was no way I was going to start shouting for 6 backfills on a 3rd boss run from a 'junkname' farmer toon.

So...and I see this a lot in Omni runs now...why disband? I get it if it's you and a put together group who are trying to work on something and it's just not working...or you've tried as many times as you are going to...sure, disband. But why do it if you are pugging especially if you are newly queued in and the rest of the group (as far as you know) has been working on it for a while?

Why not just leave? For the 1 min deserter penalty you'd get? Big whup...the vote will likely take 1 min anyway. Or call for an excuse vote, although I think excuse doesn't really work anymore. Just wondering if people see this as a big advantage, just plain quicker to get out, or if there is a nastier undertone of 'you guys suck...I'll blow things up on my way out'?

I'm not sure I've ever called for a disband on a run unless I'm in a made group, usually on voice as well, and I already know everyone wants to leave, like if we failed a feat, or were farming '1st boss' kind of stuff. I'd rather walk out and leave the run up to anyone who wants to stay and keep going.
    • Like x 5
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Some people are just ignorant or oblivious. Some are just simply discourteous. Take your pick.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Not all groups are meant to succeed
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, so just leave that group. I have no problem with people leaving and will do it myself if in a hopeless run. Not saying it is YOU....but the one guy who leaves might make way for the one who will help get it through. Again, if that earth dps player left, we had a better chance of drawing a tank, which would likely have gotten it done. Once the disband was in, there was really no chance of backfilling to get a win.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I had a guy that tried to disband on the last boss of TSD during the cutscene. It was a premade group.
  6. Eve YouTuber

You're kidding, right?
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, you know, when a horse breaks its leg...they shoot it so that it doesn't suffer...maybe according to this principle? couldn't resist joking ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

totally agree. if someone wants out just leave! I feel people should give it more that one try before leaving but I cant control people. do what your going to do but dont throw out the tub with the bath water.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No it was so confusing and he left the group right before the cutscene ended. Maybe he didn't know there was a fourth boss?
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Could be, sounds really weird to me that someone would disband a pre-made group unless there is a bug in the instance like doors not opening up or NPCs not taking damage
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....there might be that, but judging from most of our community, 'mercy' is not high on the list of priorities.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I use the disband option constantly when pugging. It’s faster than typing “this group is terrible and will never beat the instance and you’d all be better off leaving and getting in a new group”. Generally used after 3rd wipe or after 10 to 15min of waiting for a role to come in that probably never will cuz some turd is already qued as that role but not able to do it.
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I have actually done this. Usually it's an Omni run that's on an hour+ runtime with dozens of people on the scoreboard. Put it out of its misery and let keep people from landing in a doomed instance.
    • Like x 1
  14. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Now I'm curious -does anyone actually use the disband option as the devs intended? If you're group is struggling and not meeting your expectations in terms of success, then just leave like mentioned above.

The disband option should be disbanded itself.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's quite possible. Happened to a guy in a run I was in. After third boss he left thinking it was over and had no use for the cutscene. He was still on voice, so we corrected him on his error and invited him back in.
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've never used or voted yes to disband. I just warp to base or exit. /sigh@disband.
    I disabled the setting join instance in progress too.
    • Like x 4
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I usually do to. The only time I enable it is for the weekly omnibus rewards. I'm fine joining in on a final boss, usually HH or FOS3 because everyone ignores the adds and wonder why they wipe. hahaha
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Similarly, demanding that people vote to kick yourself never makes sense since the "penalty" is all of a minute's delay until you can enter another instance.

Asking to be kicked made sense when the penalty was half an hour or an hour or comparably.

Asking to be kicked when the penalty was lowered to one single minute has never made any sense.

But some people get really frenzied demanding a vote before they "can" leave. I've never understood why, save perhaps ignorance.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The way I see it, disbanding is actually an act of mercy in attempting to stop those people from wasting their time, right :D
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I very very very rarely agree to disband but I Never Ever choose that option.