FEATS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

yr missing the joke bro lmao
    • Like x 1
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lmao
  3. inferno Loyal Player

Any 8v8 PvP feats...because that queue ain't poppin'.
    • Like x 3
  4. shoegazer Well-Known Player

There's a huge difference between "so strong you can one shot things" and +15 CR and some bleed...there's a lot of ground between that and there needs to be a lot less
    • Like x 4
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What grind would that be? The grind is effectively ended once something falls into EEG / Omnibus (that’s the entire pint of clamped EEG). The alleged full stat piercing isn’t even noticeable in EEG elite.
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If that is true, then it is a strange company goal. The plan is to make people care less or even not at all for their game?

Don’t get me wrong - I and many people have met the goal of not caring much at all any longer. After the announcement of full stat piercing in EEG elite, my circle of players tried things like FGSe, Clocktower elite, etc. It was such a s***-show, that we haven’t bothered again.

So there’s the first big step toward not caring at all about the game. What’s the point of any grind if it’s useless in EEG elite? The next step is what’s the point of logging in at all?
    • Like x 3
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

False.

Yeah, you're really showing them Devs how much you don't care with them nearly 700 SP and max CR, don't you? You're the perfect example of someone who clearly wants it all and will follow through the grind, but will stop at nothing trying to make it as easy as possible to achieve each time. Never the less, you're not going anywhere and you're not going to care any less than you did the past Episodes. Keep up the grind, bro.
    • Like x 3
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Excellent argument. Thank you.

And the vast, overwhelming majority of what I have was accomplished pre-clamp. But I was interested. I did spend a lot of money. In the past.

As for wanting it too easy - I don’t practice the “open inventory really fast” macro. I don’t search for every exploit in the book. I don’t speed hack. I don’t even gripe at people for killing adds during the last fight of the Umbrax elite duo (because those known elite players enjoy the game so much that they are angry and disgusted if they have to spend even 1 second longer playing it than they have to).

I have put in the time in the past, but I’m playing less (look at the cr). I’ve suggested ways I could put in even more time in actual grind and money spent (such as advanced leveling of adaptive augments in EEG to give an edge in EEG elite that matters). Doesn’t seem to fit the company’s goals. That’s fine.
    • Like x 5
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

This isn't about using exploits to ruin the experience, this is about actively asking the Devs to dumb down content to fit one's desire to max out. Of which you've been continuously asking for for several Episodes as soon as an Elite-raid have happened to actually been more than just a little more difficult than the regular version for a change.

You've threatened to stop caring and stop paying quite loudly around these boards since JLD unless they cater to your terms, yet you're still here grinding. You'll live through the Clamp too, trust me.
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

JLD. That was pre-clamp, I think. I could have looked at the release date wrong.

Pre-clamp, I was waiting years to do feats. That’s repeatedly what I’ve said since the clamp was first rolled out (and long before). Not sure all of that fits “as soon as”, but I guess that is a subjective idea.

As for not caring, I’m getting there. There’s usually been an adjustment or addition that was enough to keep me hanging on, but you’ll be able to celebrate another player pushed away soon enough. Over the years, I’ve proposed many ideas and solutions on these forums designed to generate play time and make the company money. What do you contribute?
    • Like x 4
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'll be the last one to celebrate losing longterm players, I am not however okay with the idea of tempering with the game's content and progression just to cater to player entitlement whenever there are content or feats one may or may not potentially struggle to get their hands on right away. The Clamp happened for a reason and it is working, despite ruining some player's comfort zones a little. Oh well.

You do know that the Devs have been very open on looking at the content that falls into the Clamp, right? If any of the Elites you and your folks are struggling to max out the Feats from may need adjustments/fixes, they have been asking for that feedback ever since it first rolled out. Have you been contributing there?

What I've contributed with is being a customer in this game for the better part of it's existence, just like you. Please tell me, for the sake of the hilarious irony of it all that you're trying to tell me you're more important than me.

Again, keep the grind up bro.
    • Like x 3
  12. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

appreciate yr longterm contributions to the community. input from vet players like u is always a good thing
    • Like x 5
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Mepps,

This post is a little conflicting with prior posts from you about difficulty of Elite content in clamped.

Elite feats require you to be able to complete Elite content. Given. Elite is Elite, as you've said before. As it stands, Elite content, once it goes to EEG, becomes harder to run than before. This because stats are static and the only extra stats come from piercing. (Which is a catch 22, you need feats to get feats...) So in the end, if you were unable to run the Elite content before it goes to EEG, you would not be able to after.

Before the clamp, there is a certain level of out gearing, even at launch of an Episode. If you were full vendor gear from the previous episode (or even full purple), you've already exceeded the recommended CR requirement of Elite content. Then when you add on even a few pieces of gear from recent content, you've already started to over gear the content. This is how it's been since the introduction of best gear is vendor gear from AF3. (To an extent, how it always been since the start of the game, but it was a different leveling dynamic, where you could work on multiple tiers at once and all helped in a long run.)

Now, the only thing we can accomplish is when it's in within the 3 Episode current End Game content. Yes, there are a few that can be completed in EEGe, but these were ones that were approachable in current. Which compared to the amount of Elite that is in the game, is a small portion.

Elite needs to have the same treatment as other non EEG content. With the only difference being the 1 death stipulation. (Which because I don't know how difficult it is to remove once added.) Elite content is too complex for the average player base and I'm not ashamed to admit, too much for my league.

My league has been doing the long game, which helped with the longevity of our playing. We would test elite when it's new, gear up, test again. Which resulted in us gaining feats up to 2 years after it was no longer relevant. That's 2 years later! The content would be still fresh and difficult for us to achieve. We just had more breather room when it came to the mechanics. Some common attacks that were one shots (minus the actual one shot mechanics) were no longer one shots. Which gives the chance to react. We don't have that now.
    Edit: I'd like to elaborate on what I can do and what my league can do. I can run Elite and pug it, but I don't find it fun to do it with strangers. I love the feeling of doing it together with people that I've known for 8+ years. People that may have disabilities or issues that prevent them from being able to do twitch reaction or know how to do a sweaty dps loadout. I like having fun in an entertainment content with people.

You want a list of difficult to achieve feats? Any feat that requires you to run Elite content, including elite gear from renown. That would be the feats that are "unreasonably difficult now."

Thank you,
    -BB
    • Like x 7
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I couldn’t agree more. I’m one of those people. Being on a much more sparsely populated server compounds the issue. I would also like to add it’s not just about feats. There’s also headlines for pets, and base items.
    • Like x 5
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

Who ever said anything about being "entitled" to feats?

Just pointing out that "GET BETTER" and "GETTING STRONGER" aren't mutually exclusive to one another... Heck, It could be argued one is a direct outcome of the other.

Some feats you will just inevitably get... whether over time or by getting stronger...

GETTING STRONG ENOUGH TO EARN A FEAT ISN'T HAVING THAT FEAT "GIVEN TO YOU FOR FREE"... YOU STILL EARNED IT.
    • Like x 5
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’d be happy to spot fill for you B. We actually just got the “Holy Grail” feat for not dying on Grail in FGSE last night. The elites are easier now that they’re in EEG from my perspective. 3 to 4 people didn’t have the head augs and it was their first time in there. This wouldn’t have been possible before the EEG conversion.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Don't use logic and reason now, "too hard needs change NAOW!" needs to be an unquestioned demand to simply just be catered to according to some of these fine gentlemen 'round here. The Devs themselves have atleast given room for compromise, willing to adjust content falling into the Clamp if it is in need of adjustment. Some aren't interested in compromise.

They don't seem to have any particular feedback on what they deem need to be adjusted and how when coming down to these Elites, it ironically just happens to always be some of the Elite-raids actually designed to be the more difficult aswell when looking at the complaints from some.

It's not always the content that needs fixing, you know. But I won't say more about that or i'll be flamed as one of those "gosh darn meanie Elitists".
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dude, you’re tilting at windmills here. I for one think the post you replied to is very encouraging. People surviving Grail’s Omega Beam in elite without head augments would be pretty irrefutable proof that elites in EEG get toned down. A lot of us are afraid to even try these instances, so it’s pretty difficult to offer specific feedback.
    • Like x 2
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well, if players aren't even attempting them, how could we even be in agreement that it should need adjustments and change in the first place?

The point is, unlike the continous loud verbal screaming about the Clamp situation on the forums and the claims of how bad it is, it evidently HAS made things easier on the subject of these Elites.
    • Like x 2
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I mentioned it in my post under an edit, but I could do this. I could also have you help a league run, but doesn't help in the long run. As, this is no offense to you, but would be a carry. We don't learn and don't do it together. We would also be picking and choosing our group makeup, which affects our league's motto on exclusion.

I appreciate the offer, but I will have to decline it. Thank you! You can always send me tells and ask if I want to join you in group runs. :)
    • Like x 3