Up-Votes Needed Getting grounded cancels channeled powers

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Requake, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Requake Dedicated Player

It could be intended, but then it kinda sounds ridiculous to me.

Fights like BWL in the alert keep grounding you every X amount of time, why does this cancel powers like heat vision?

I get that it gets cancelled when you get dragged in, but just becoming grounded shouldn't interrupt your channeled powers.

Bug?
    • Like x 4
  2. Requake Dedicated Player

Guess there is noone being bothered by this?
  3. Yass New Player

Same problem with SFFe 2nd boss. Heat vision is always cancelled for the same reason.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes it is annoying but I believe this is intended.
    • Like x 2
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Very annoying.
    • Like x 1
  6. Requake Dedicated Player

I can understand this, if you were flying, but as a speedster being grounded doesn't impact you physically..
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Game physics does not equate to real life physics.
    • Like x 1
  8. mwhite1069 Level 30

I've complained about this before. get rid of the "Empowered Channeling" mod, totally useless, as every time you get grounded, you get interrupted, doesn't matter that the attack is "Protected" by the mod. I did find a workaround, you just need to come out of whatever fast movement you use, no more grounding, downside, no more fast movement during fights
    • Like x 1
  9. Requake Dedicated Player

I don't think this mod avoids the grounding part, if I read the Wiki (not on DCUO right now):
    Channeled super powers are no longer Vulnerable to Interrupt, prevent standard control effects, and increase Defense and Toughness by 5% while active.

I don't think the grounded thing counts as an actual interrupt.

Also I don't use it as 200 solar amplifier already grants me this white mod by itself:

(200) Devastating Pulsar (4)

* Installs Empowered Channeling Tactical Mod

And if it's not intended, I'd appreciate a green name or any explanation on the subject from a dev how this works. This isn't a cosmetic bug, this literally costs you damage for no apparent reason.
  10. mwhite1069 Level 30

In my humble opinion, "Grounding" is a control effect, any effect that causes you to lose control of your character, in this case, you lose control of the ability to use fast movement.