League halls need updating!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chewsy, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I hope the devs have some time to finally update league halls. They have so much potential, and are used in multiple alerts and raids, and yet they barely get updated. Some things to look at:

1) Amenities: Make more nodes for these, especially in the center room. Give us all amenity options in the league halls. Let us open our personal bank menus, the broker, etc.

2) Object placement: Increase the total object placement count. A max of 80 objects in the big rooms and 30 in the hallways is such a tiny amount. The game should be able to handle at least 100 and 50 per room type, respectively, no?
    Also, fix the bugs with the lopsided placement boundaries. There are areas in my league hall that I should be able to place objects but I can't. For example, close to the doorways in the center of the large entrance room, I can place an object on one side but not the other, even though the room is symmetrical?

3) Add League Halls to warp menus. It's tedious to get to them now, unless you have the League Halls mod in your teleporter, I guess.

4) More league hall-sized objects. We need more large objects like the Olympian statues, speed force walls, etc. Even just upscaled versions of existing base items would be greatly appreciated. It's currently not easy to fill up a room with a bunch of small items with such a small object cap AND have it look good (especially ceilings because ceilings are sooo tall).

Hope some of these suggestions get added someday. :)
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

Agreed with all of the above, as well as I want League Missions so badly that everyone has to contribute towards, and maybe a Monthly Boss a League can take on. (With Event, Regular and Elite version of the boss), they can pick 3-4 bosses and rotate them...

But again I would love anything they can add to League Hall to make them matter much more.
    • Like x 8
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

as is the only reason to go to your league hall now is if your running the new alert and get put in it or one of the older content that uses them
    • Like x 1
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I purely use league halls to test loadouts, there is no other reason to go to them.
    • Like x 2
  5. Achikah All About That Base

+1

The idea of the League Hall is amazing, but without proper amenities and teleportation options, there's no reason to be in there other than refreshing the monthly buffs. Adding brokers/personal banks/R&D and Soder machines would not only be a MASSIVE quality of life addition, but also something to strive towards with a Prestige goal. Heck, even offer it as a buyable option in the Marketplace if you absolutely have to.

On top of this, they're ungodly hard to decorate properly given the placement restrictions. I assume this is from load times or rendering factors, but given they haven't been revamped since their introduction (as far as I remember) the hardware should be ok with giving us some leeway on decorating.

Also, on the topic of more League Hall love, it'd be really nice to get a option to warp to your League Hall like you can your bases from the actual teleportation menu. Just adding that would incentivize warping to the Hall itself for donations and other things, rather than just offering them up in the HoL.

One of the best things about DCUO is the multiplayer aspect. Having an oversized, customizable, communal base for you and your friends is an incredible idea and wondrous thing to have. However, League Halls fall far short from that concept and are really a burden to warp to or even deal with given the lack of amenities and access. The concept's there, we just need it fine tuned.
    • Like x 4
  6. Chewsy Well-Known Player

This^ for sure. It feels so barebones but it has so much potential. The lack of amenities feels the worst for me. There is no point to going there, and yet, it's the only way to access the league bank and buy prestige buffs. But if there were more things to do there then I would def spend a lot of time in my league hall.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

plus one to the whole thing......
  8. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Something like league hall-sized walls and dividers would be nice too. The ceilings in league halls are ridiculously tall, so much so that most ceiling decorations look pretty bad. It would be nice to at least be able to separate large rooms a bit more with large walls.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My main thing is to allow open world missions to reward prestige too. This way players who are in smaller leagues can maintain them easier
    • Like x 9
  10. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Rewarding bonus prestige for completing content in a group with multiple league members could be cool too.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes reward people for running with league mates. And even a way to inv your own alts for smaller leagues too
    • Like x 1
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've bookmarked this thread and sent it to Panderus. We agree having some League/Lair love should be a thing this year. While not all of it will happen at once, the warp banner has been created and we just need some additional tech to make it a thing. Donation box amenity has some progress as well.

Good ideas in here.
    • Like x 18
  13. beardrive Committed Player

I concur. Anything having to do with Bases and League Hall decorating/streamlining I'm all for it! I LOVE that the new base items from the HOL Base are trade-able, and I have taken advantage of that to give toon more than another. Well-done.

As far as the League Hall why have two full rooms for mail when no one goes there? Broker/mail/inventory amenities are already doubled in the HOL with the addition of the Housing area so that extra mail room would be a nice place to have them.

Also, more items can be placed in bases, hopefully with the addition of a few more in the future (wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more), but League halls have not had any item placement upgrades; and, since new content is actually using it, it would be nice to showcase our League Halls.

I, myself, have put BWL in a dumpster.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Are league missions something you can consider for the future? Like league activities for more prestige even could be amazing.
    • Like x 1
  15. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

League halls definitely could do with some love, but I'd also love to see leagues in general get a bit of an overhaul this year. We need a better way to find a league or recruit new members. It's a hugely "hit and miss" system as it is currently, and it makes it 10 times harder than it needs to be to actually connect to other players.

I've got some alts who haven't been in a league for over a year because the only way for them to get into a league is to spend all night asking around in chat, or just get lucky and happen to pass someone who sends me a random invitation.
    I also have my own league that's been dead for a couple of years now, because it's just too much effort to bring it back to life. To do so would require me to spend hours and hours every night recruiting, or send out random invites to passers-by, only for people to leave the same night once they join and see how dead the league is. I'd much rather spend my time playing the game than recruiting though.

It would be nice to see an actual list of leagues, and see who are looking for members. Give us an option to set the league to "Open", so anyone can freely join, or "Invite Only" so you have to request an invite to join. Maybe let us see some basic info about the league (League name, amount of members, short bio to explain what the league is all about, etc)
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here are some ideas that I think would benefits leagues this year:

-League Hall Donation box Amenity that can be placed in your base to donate when you are in your base.
    -Open world missions giving prestige similar to how on duty does.
    -Prestige scaling for running with more league members in group.
    -Training Dummy update
    -More League hall Amenities
    -Warp to League hall from Map
    -Urgent war front teleporter for league hall
    -Vendors for league halls

So the reason league halls are pretty much obsolete is because they are not worth going to. First of all they barely have anything of worth to go there for. You have the mail box and League bank. The training dummies bounce around and the 8 targets are spread out wide. You are better of going to the HoL to test loadouts. League hall Dummies should be given CC resistance like the ones in the HoL and the 8 Targets should be moved closer similar to the 5 targets in the HoL. I also remember on test you used to be able to spawn a dummy that dies. It would be cool if they expanded on this and had a monitor next to targets for testing which show parsers or time to kill. Or maybe even use the monitor to adjust the health. There are also no real Amenities either. You can go to your base, HUB, or HoL to do everything you need. On top of lack of Amenities, there is also nothing to get from the League hall. being able to put vendors in the LH would help give players reasons to go there.

But lets say they do add all those things. Getting to the League hall is clunky as well. You have to warp to a different zone like the HoL, Hub, or HoL and than use a teleporter to get to the LH. You may as well stay where your warped to instead of going there. This is why adding a way to warp directly to the LH from the map is needed. And when you are at the LH you cant go anywhere from there. You can use the teleporters to go to the HoL or use the Map to go to select zone. Having a system like the Orray in the HoL for the LH would help with making the LH a good place to go to.

Now, getting Prestige can be a pain for smaller leagues. Being able to get more prestige for running with more league members would help smaller leagues stay afloat. And for those with small/solo leagues, being able to get prestige from open world missions would help a lot.

And yes, I tagged Charon to bring back attention to this thread lol
    • Like x 4
  17. beardrive Committed Player

While we're at it, it's important in the Social tab ( d-pad left for PS users) where it says "Bases" that we should be able to warp to anyone's base in that list, as the populated list means we already have permission. I thought that's what the base tab was for, but if it has another purpose please let us know.
  18. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

+10000000000000
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Let us add amenities to league halls or just put them in, there is not much reason to hang out in a league hall right now but if we had amenities we could do most of our stuff in the league hall instead of having to go to our base or hall of legends. A teleporter that goes to all the gotham and metro stations would also be nice as well as a watchtower entrance.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shazammm Well-Known Player

Or maybe some hidden feats that are league based. Like running X number of duos with league mates or completing a raid with all 8 people being members of your league. That could make things interesting and maybe boost people's interest in league play.
    • Like x 1