DCUO Incompatible w/ Win 11?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ErickStrife, Jan 12, 2022.

1. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Been a while... Greetings all.

Straight to the point... CANNOT PLAY DC UNIVERSE

Launcher starts fine. I click "Play", the logo comes up... and nothing. The option to click "Play" resets and I can click it again... and again...

Went directly to UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32, "DCGAME.EXE" crashes with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b"... This is a fresh install of Window 11, all pertinent files installed (Runtimes, dll's... all the stuff we Gamers usually deal with... ALL OF THEM).

I have several games installed - far more resource hogs than DC. Many use the same files we all know I am talking about.
    All of them work perfectly fine as so do many other applications that also require those files.
    The problem is only with DC.

Ran troubleshooter and it says DCGAME.EXE is incompatible with this version of Windows.
    ... WHAT... ?!?!?!?!?
    [IMG]https://ibb.co/8dQjX8F[IMG]

Device name KN-01-ALPHA-1
    Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎12/‎15/‎2021
    OS build 22000.434
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0
    • Like x 1
  2. Napoleon Well-Known Player

3. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

4. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Usually that error has to due with .NET Framework. Next thing would be trying to reinstall directx, otherwise I'm not sure.
  5. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Yeah, I figured that too; problem is, whenever I try to install any of those files - comes up with a newer version is already installed.

This one is giving me a headache. I've done all the research - Tried all those solutions all over Google & Youtube, done all the tests, verified/validated files. I've completely deleted the game about 5 times now, re-downloaded/started from scratch... same problem every time.

Only reason I am even posting here asking for help, is because I have exhausted everything I can think of.
    Now, this windows troubleshooter says the game DCGAME.EXE is incompatible with this Version of Windows 11.

Anyone running Win 11 able to play?
  6. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Probably dumb stuff but have you tried:
    1) Running on windows 7/8 compatibility mode + as administrator
    2) Uninstalling .NET and Directx and letting DCUO install them for you
    • Like x 1
  8. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Not dumb at all.
    Yeah, I've tried all compatibility modes, as admin, and also did let DCUO download and install what it needed... I swear this is driving me crazy.

I've checked Firewalls, VPN, Antivirus to make sure it wasnt blocking it.. downloaded "Spybot - Search & Destroy (awesome software by the way) to scan all kinds of malware... ... nothing!
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah there isnt much to do without knowing the issues deep inside, I'd say send a ticket to the support team at help.daybreakgames.com

And if you havent tried: 1)uninstall visual c++ redistributable then run dcuo setup repair 2) find a way to clean directx from your pc then run dcuo setup

Last resource would be to do a dual boot with windows 7 or 10 just to play dcuo
  10. Napoleon Well-Known Player

https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/8/5D8C65CB-C849-4025-8E95-C3966CAFD8AE/vcredist_x86.exe

https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/8/5D8C65CB-C849-4025-8E95-C3966CAFD8AE/vcredist_x64.exe

These have a repair feature in regards to OP
  11. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

12. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Damn. It seems like such a common issue too, but every thread I look up on here has no resolution to it. For what it's worth, Daybreak support has gotten remarkably better over the years.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Have you tried deleting the game, then using the registry cleaning utilities delete all the registry keys associated with the game, delete all the remaining configs associated with the game, and all the remaining folders associated with the game?
    • Like x 1
  14. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Yes. Several times.
    I have tried everything that is suggested here, on google, youtube and several other sites... problem persists.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just a question...not sure if it would matter at all, but did you do a clean 11 install, or upgrade from 10?

If an upgrade, was DCUO on and running before the upgrade?
  16. Twincam Well-Known Player

I'm running on windows 11 without any issues, been running like that for the last 2 months. Installed the game via steam tho, not sure if that helps? Maybe the default install location if not installed from steam may be causing issues?
    • Like x 2
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I'm running it on windows 11 no problem. Actually running better than when I was on Win10.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I am also playing exclusively on windows 11. Have you done a full uninstall and reinstall of DCUO? Are you playing on the US or EU version of the game?

Despite the troubleshooter, it may be something other than windows 11 that is the culprit here.

You can also open a ticket with our tech support team at http://help.dcuniverseonline.com.
    • Like x 1
  19. Destinywlf Active Player

I had and odd issue with the windows 11 laptop I bought, i installed DC Universe on it! It wouldn't run at all. I finally figured out it was the visual basic, that HP had pre installed, when i uninstalled those, and let DC installed the version in installer, DC ran perfectly fine. Oddly enough the software to my logitech mouse also was effected by it
  20. Swamarian Committed Player

My computer upgraded to Win11 last year, and I haven't had any problems with DCUO. (Well, not any computer related problems. There's still the problem that I'm not that great at the game, but that's been a running issue with every version of Windows since XP.)
    • Like x 2