Catch up with Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Up till the Destiny tokens, I'd have agreed with you, but now that we can get seals for free, there is an option. I'd say it's Pay2Win QUICKLY. If you are patient, you can have max arits, max allies, max gear all having never spent a dime just by running...granted running a LOT, but for free all the same. Even if you sub, and get the additional destiny tokens and benefits, I'd still that's not Pay2Win as you don't really get a major advantage over a grinding F2P/Premium.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

What are these "Destiny Tokens" used for and how are they obtained? I completely boycotted Ep. 41 in all of its stat clamped glory so I probably don't have any unless they drop in current content also.
  3. BatgirlS2 Level 30

A good option would be selling feats by its episodes, if it's an eeg stuff. They could charge for a fixed price to unlock all the feats in that section (no discounts, even if you already unlocked some of them).

It would be the same way as the other monetized options we already have like artifacts and such. If you want to unlock it fast pay up or grind them the long way.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Destiny Tokens are part of the new daily reward system. They're used for the Doctor Fate vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There’s a difference between being lazy and calling your idea lazy. This is an MMO. Time investment is a must in these times of games. Feats are there to make players have something to do, something to work towards. If you want pay to win than you have that option too. Spend your money on source marks and buy up every single style feat. Buy stabilizers and get every time capsule feat. If you just want to buy feats you have your options. But everything shouldn’t be available for purchase. I don’t like that players who never even played can get cr skip since they skip so much of the game without learning anything. And you want to suggest players be able to buy dlc feats? I’m sorry but that is a terrible idea.

You can make suggestions all you want. No one has an issue with that. But the ideas you want are all terrible. I’m sorry if this seems harsh. But you have to understand that all the ideas you have been suggesting will hurt the game. For example.

Being able to equip all artifacts. All balance will go out the window. Mechanics won’t be able to be designed properly because everyone will have so many buffs. Everything will have to be scaled with that in mind and the only mechanics that will be able to do anything are one shots. So what happens to new people? They won’t be able to beat any content because content will be designed with 20+ artifacts equipped at one time.

All Allies Bering equipped. Same reasoning as artifacts for why this is terrible.

Being able to equip all accessories/auras/etc. The amount of lag that this would create is immense. Systems will need to be able to process multiple people with multiple accessories and auras. Open worlds will be lag city. Crashes would happen more than they do now. The games stability already affects some people when using teleporters. Add all these extra items that would be getting rendered is just to much.

I’m sorry that you don’t have time to do everything that you want. But all of these ideas are just terrible. Yes I’m saying very bluntly but it’s the truth whether you accept it or not.
    • Like x 3
  6. metal1ix Well-Known Player

1. This doesn't make sense.
    2. This entices laziness, and speaking of laziness, why are some feats locked to stabilizers only? I mean what's the point of the feat system when people can pull a total Batman and get everything they desire?

being DLC locked's understandable back then, but now it's not an excuse to be lazy and be stuck in the hundreds in terms of skill points.
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

If you’re not subbed you get one on the 21st day of claims, members get 4 monthly though. You can get 2x worth of claims by subbing late in the month (you get all the previous member daily claims when you sub, as long as you logged in those days)
    • Like x 3
  8. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

There is a bit of a point to be made regarding the feat gap, from a new player perspective. The more feat points there are, the further behind a new player will be. It is easy for everyone to say "just grind out the feat points like I did" but could it be that there is a point at which it becomes impossible for a new player to ever catch up enough to be considered for elite content by the established players...or is expecting players to grind skill points for several years to be "deserving" enough to play in the top end content?

Selling the skill points in the marketplace is the lazy answer. It would be the easiest to code and the simplest way for players who want to throw money at a perceived problem to get skill points. But it would be the worst possible solution for the myriad of reasons mentioned here.

There is also a big difference between the skill points earned by completing content and those awarded for equipping an item or style.

A better solution would be to consider adding a path for new players willing to spend the time playing to get the equivalent skill points from the older group content without having to run the content in groups. Think of it as a set of alternate feats that once earned, replace the group DLC content feats with the same number of skill points in the end. Of course, a character would then be locked out of completing the original feats.

The longer that DCUO persists, the wider the gap becomes between the new player and the veteran. That gap must be addressed in a way that gives hope to the new player but doesn't cheapen the time spent by veteran players.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're not completely limited to buying stabilizers, you have other avenues to earn Time Capsule rewards:
    Trade/Broker - in-game cash
    Booster Gold - Quarks (you can convert Source Marks into Quarks, 4:1 ratio)
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But you’re assuming play player will ever need near max sp to do elite. That is just a myth you really only need enough to max your primary stats plus your crits/iconics. Prec does need more but even having just 60 points to put into might is enough.

Right now a primary stat can hold 310sp. 40 for crit mag and 20 for crit chance. That’s 370. Give 10 extra points to put into iconics/movement and your at 380. Not even close to the 700 available sp. Assuming your prec and you’d “want” 20ish for weapons and 60ish for might/power. So even as prec you’d be around 460. Still not the 700.

Using a CR will get you around 70ish points. At that point you’d just run the solo one time each for easy points. Duo all duos as well and you will probably end up with about 100 with minimum effort. If you do weekly missions from t5 and t6 dlcs you can get over 200 plus the weekly omnibus. So you can easily get over 250 source marks. You can easily buy dlc styles pretty fast and most of them are 50 point feats. By doing random omnibus you’d also get tokens for your merit feat.

With source marks you can each easily get to 300. Again minimum effort. You can normally do all weeklies and Omnibus stuff in 3 hours-ish. Again, not needing to all be done in one day. Without even feat hunting or joint any feat groups you can easily get enough sp to get to the targets number.
    • Like x 2
  11. majin goku Level 30

no and no earn them like everyone else
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you
  14. Eve YouTuber

Reasonable thread. Even when I need to replay my feats on alts (I have 548 sp) I realize that farming them again or for new players will be really hard. I know the point of Omnibus and removal of the CR Relevancy was the start to try and get more players to run old content, and old drops (Like Zeus' Lightning Back fro example). But I feel like there is so much to catch on, and CR Skips are like what? 80 SP?

I am asking myself everyday how a new player is supposed to reach so far. Some players like to play alone (I started playing solo, only joined a league a year later, and was still playing solo most of the time. Just me generally) And not every league accepts new players sadly.

I can't think of a solution to this, but I would love to see new players not having it so rough when starting.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If the OP had all the style feats i'm pretty sure they'd be sitting at more than 100SPs.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Answers below.

To add to what DeitySupreme has presented, people seriously need to stop looking at the top of the hill and exclaiming "it's impossible to ever get to the top". Just thinking that alone is enough to stop people in their tracks. What people should do is ask for advice on how to tackle things, so they can proceed the smart way instead of pointlessly staring at the top of the mountain and saying "impossible"....because the ONLY thing that is impossible is achieving that goal overnight, in a week or just a month. If you really want to get 10+ years of feats, it won't take 10+ years to achieve...not even half. And anyone who actually pays attention knows you don't need ALL available stat points. That's for overachievers and completionists.
    • Like x 4
  17. Eve YouTuber

True. But what about those who wants to do better and get more? I understand those points and respect them, but if I had to start anew, I wouldn't grind hard again to 500+ sp like I have now. Mostly when I work on alts, I buy a few feats at the time or buy massive amount of replay badges when I ready to get that character into work. Ain't no way I am grinding all of this again, some of the fats can be nightmarish to get again.
  18. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

"You really don't need all of those skill points anyway" is not much of an answer. It does nothing to resolve the skill point gap. There are feats that are virtually impossible for a new player to achieve as there are few veteran players willing to run the content again and again and again so that every batch of new players can complete them. There are also too many veteran players who believe the myth that a player can only be good with more than "x" skill points and "y" level artifacts.

I play EVE Online. It is a game built on skill points earned over time. For a very long time, there was no way other than real physical time to gain levels in skills. After several years, the Devs realized that there was such an incredible gap between new characters and veteran characters that it would take a new player several years to have enough skill points to be a match for a veteran player. To answer this, CCP put in all sorts of mechanisms to speed training or outright allow one to purchase skill points. (Sidenote - CCP vigorously defends their game from virtual currency sellers).

I would NOT suggest this path for DBG. Selling skill points in the Marketplace would just be a very bad idea. Selling CR skips is bad enough.

However, creating a path so that new players could gain the equivalent skill points through solo play would address the gap. It would also create "new" content for the casual player. The simplest way would be to create solo versions of the older DLC raids and alerts in which players could earn alternate version of the feats from that content.
    • Like x 1
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Considering the fact that a lot of feats are no longer getable, being able to unlock some of these with replays would not be a bad idea. Want an example? Here's one ,go try and pug and old bounty feat right now, its impossible because no one is doing those anymore so new players are just out of luck. At least before the clamp you had the option to go back and solo those old bounties but now unless you have a very active league that is willing to run those over and over 50-100 times depending on the count for that bounty you are out of luck.

I think if they made it so anything 2 tiers below endgame (T6 is current so T4 and below) we should have the option to buy those feats with replays.

Just my 2cents
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So in essence your saying you sleep the work non stop then sleep (i assume theres potty breaks an lunch breaks).
    Heres the deal, you need to give us the rest of the story.
    I have a healer alt maybe 6 months old i have not attempted a single feat on and she has 120 sp. i use it to farm currency for my main.
    I solo heal anything in the game thats not elite too. That toon cant ven have 10 hours total on it.
    Your suggesting in 10 years, your unable to spend even 8-10 hours total and have a functional ammount of SP? I call BS
    Now if im wrong an in 10 years you havent been able to even play for 10+ hrs total to be able to at least be in the 120-150 range the i would say walk away. This aint the game for you. You dont have the time needed to play.
    Besides, theres no getting around the claim you have played for 10 years. You havent. You cant have played for 10 years. You’d easily have 200+ sp just by actually playing……..
    What you propose is not even possible, try again
    • Like x 4