Membership perk rework or lack of?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Current membership plan seems to be kind of weak ngl , i mean a simple and easy solution to keep people in memberships and benefit both sides devs and players for example :

1.If you been member 3 months in a row for example, you get box with choice of any material in the game even comic 14 dollars for 3 months would be fair to people who waisted lets say 140 dollars to get comic style but never did.

2.Improve the 21 day login bonus somewhat more or add extra item for full 30 days

3.With style unlocking and prices at 700s for members there could be a discount to those items

4.that 2250 ally is extra spicy and pricy, maybe members could get for 6 months a free and special only to members ally.

In my oppinion these little 4 changes could improve quality and need to subscribe for months for a lot of people...
    • Like x 10
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

4 “little” changes lol.

It’s simple. If the membership perks aren’t enough value for you personally than don’t get it. If you feel it is worth it than get it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Rorrigam Active Player

So basically people shouldn't voice their thoughts on how they think membership could be improve? Cause maybe I just misread, but op just said how he feels about membership in a respectful way.
    • Like x 9
  4. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

exactly Rorrigam, was just a suggestion, and one that could benefit both devs and players, as we all know how hard gaming industry is these days to keep players especially MMO genre, I'm glad dcuo survived so long, would be nice 10 more years but if there is no initiative for come back or keep playing that's bad for everyone, I'm saying this as a player since beta.
    • Like x 3
  5. BumblingB I got better.

If anything, Legendary Members haven't really changed much in years. It was premium and free players that got a big boost.

In the end, it's what you get out of it that counts. I like some of the stuff they changed and I am "meh" to some of it.

Like I love the fact we are rewarded with the ability to get a breakthrough seal option free to us, but I think the other currency is really not a lot going on for players who've been here a while. Sure, it has styles, but nothing has been added. Considering that days 22-30 give just that currency, you'd expect more for it. Like, maybe have it be able to buy stabilizer fragments or something.

But to address the original 4 example ideas:
    1. Streak rewards kind of punish players that may not be able to go consecutively. It's not a good model and I am glad the devs decided not to go that route.
    2. They chose to do 21 days because they know players can't log in every day sometimes. So 9 days out of a month, we get a breather room for login. It also goes back to my point number one on streak rewards.
    3. Actually like this idea. Considering that we have a default of 16 available character slots, a discounted price on style unlocks would be beneficial and enticing to the RP and Style communities.
    4. No. Allies should stay as they are. Available to all. No special have to be a member price point on them. They have been teetering on Pay 2 Win since they were first introduced. No, just no.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Instead of being arrogant like this, why don't you counter-argue his suggestion?
    • Like x 8
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thought it was obvious why those suggestions are a joke. Especially calling them little bonuses.

Booster cosmetics will cost someone on average a good amount of money. So getting 1 free, especially the rare cosmetic, is a bit much.

Getting an ally that cost $25 and give it out for free is also.. a bit much.

The 21 days rewards was announced a long time ago. Those extra days were never meant to be part of bundle but extras just to fill the gap for those who did claim the 21 day reward. Extending it to a full month means that players won’t have any grace period. If they miss 1 day they could miss a big bonus instead of just missing a small amount of fate tokens. The extra week is just a grace period to give player leeway when real life hits and they can’t get on.

So no it’s not about arrogance. It’s about the op just wanting more stuff.
    • Like x 3
  8. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

And you do realise ally that costs 25 is on the span of 6 months thats around 90 dollars
    Free material depend on months subbed same thing how ever dev see fit, as that bundle will disappear forever anyways
    Yes 21 days announced, but as i remember even if you log in last day of month you can get all the items right "collect all"? so wouldnt be problem for 30 days

its not little by any means, its all commitment financially, not once have I said every month you get so much extra stuff
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No that’s not how it works. Yes if you log in every day and forget to collect until the last month you get all the stuff. However if you can’t login than you miss a days worth of stuff. So if someone miss 1 week than you miss 7 rewards.

And yes the other rewards mentioned were over time. But that’s still and added $25-$100+ money they are pumping into the system. Why would they do this? Just cause you want that’s shiny material than you can’t get?
    • Like x 1
  10. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

So not sure you know what profit is but as we know dcuo has around 10mil players 14.99 a month lets say 5 mil are subbed all year round, not hard to do math.

and how is $25-$100+ any different from what they have right now? (just not worth, as not everyone wants extra nitnth metal)all the perks right now cost extra money also they are pumping in the system already, where is the logic its bad to add additional rewards ?

either way im not here to argue , those were just some on the surface suggestions that can be improved our current membership plan, im not saying at all pls give us all the stuff because we are members.
  11. Rorrigam Active Player

But why are you trying so hard to diminish other people's opinion.
    He's not here kicking and yelling and trying to tell people to not sub. He just said what in his opinion would make membership better. I'm keeping my membership cause now we get more nth as members and we can get up to 4 SoC each month. If they add more better. If they don't I'm keeping mine at least for now. If how it is works for you good. If is not cool too. Just let other people voice what they think as long as they do it in a civil way. Mepps and the dev team will be the one to see if it is doable or not
    • Like x 4
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

https://mmo-population.com/r/dcuonline

Your figure of 10 million is way off.
    • Like x 3
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

My only beef is with fate tokens.
    Add more to the vendor for people who already have all the basic garbo they have in there.
    Give us something to use them on that is a supply.
    Idc if it’s 1k fate to 1 stabilizer.
    Or 10k fate to one destiny token
    Just something.
    • Like x 4
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Virtual currency
  15. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

It's simple. If you don't like someone else's posts just don't read them or reply.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The 1 thing id like pulled out especially is the ultimate soder (garbage) that cant be deleted, & instead put in a cr based soda box, where u can pick nitro, etc.
    • Like x 2
  17. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

def, one example of not needed for a benefit , could use something else
    and totally agree with tokens vendor, most styles already collected and can use reply badges also, with all the extra tokens earned could use new stuff there
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

WOW, that’s anemic. I truly didn’t know we were in THAT bad of shape. I couldn’t help but notice the utter flat line between Oct & Nov when stat clamping I mean Ep. 41 came out.

Only 350,804 subscribers (one of them here), and only an average of 3k daily.

I need to stop coming the Forums it only depresses me further.
  19. Zero303 Well-Known Player

want more replay badges really. cant do much without them character wise that is. changing costume parts and those things. wich i find most fun.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The 'loss' of income is not virtual. Not agreeing with what Deity said as a whole, but he's right on that. If someone subs for X months now...DBG makes that money. If that person would also would buy a legendary ally for $25, but instead (as proposed) is given one for free, DBG just lost $25 real income.

Same with a booster aura as a bonus after 3 months. If someone wants one now, and doesn't have the in game capital to buy/trade for one...they buy boosters...probably a LOT of boosters for 100's of $$. Why would you buy that many if you knew in 3 months you'd get one anyway...you wouldn't, so DBG then loses money on BB sales.

I do think one thing they could do is to change the 'bonus' days 22-30, not adding anything big, but say escalating the Fate tokens. 10 for day 1, 20 for day 2...etc. Now....that would go hand in hand with something of real value being added to the fate tokens purchase...say replays, destiny token, respec...something better than repair bots or vault styles...but the bonus would not be a real 'loss' if you didn't have 30 days logins, but would be a reward for those that do, and if the price was set high(say 1K for 150 replays) DBG isn't losing out on huge revenue ($5 every 3-6 months?)
    • Like x 1