Questions About Firearms

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheLorax, Dec 14, 2021.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm getting bored with Hand Blasters and want to play around with something new. Mathematically, which Dual Pistol combo and Rifle combo give the fastest power back?
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I don't know about rifle, but for dual pistols it is easily the one where you shoot with them non stop, I believe it's by holding ranged.
    • Like x 1
  3. Isif Committed Player

I usually use a combination of the forward roll/backflip/mortar and sometimes full auto when changing locations. The rifle seems a bit more versatile than dual pistols. I believe pistol full auto is from a stationary position which is a negative in my opinion. The rifle lunge is also a plus because you don't unnecessarily fly across the screen. Hope this helps. Sorry it wasn't the maths you asked for.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Is power back still contingent on hit counter?
    If so, full auto for pistol
    Forward flip backward flip repeat for rifle.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh. I don't like that.
    I'm going to give rifle a try.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Man talking rifle brings back memories, mortar used to be solid and the grenade taps were great for aoe burst during cooldowns back in the day haha
    • Like x 2
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

HL using phantom rifle taps was unbeatable lol
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To be fair, back then, HL using (or not using) anything was pretty unbeatable lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

I had just started, as nature.
    Shouldn’t speak for everyone, but they were completely out of my league back then lmao.
    I didn’t even know what clipping was.
  10. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

The Double Gun is excellent to fight against groups, despite being a healer when I go from DPS (false DPS) I climb high, you can shoot the one in front of you and behind, those who are at one end of the room and those who are at the end of the room. from another, that's the trick ...

I do not like the rifle, for me it is very slow, and I prefer that movement of the gun to jump backwards, they increase your survivability when you are in trouble.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My man, HL (one who knew what they was doin) was out of most everyones league back then even if u knew what clipping was haha
    HL was just stupid OP lol
  12. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Rifle in my opinion is a pretty slow weapon, and it's difficult to clip into many other powers. However, grenades are pretty useful in low power situations.

Dual Pistol has other ranged options aside from pew pew full auto. If you do tap and then hold, you can do a back roll that helps with keeping distance from you and a potentially deadly AOE.

Overall if you want to go with mobility vs. damage, Dual Pistol takes that gold medal on the spot.
    • Like x 1
  13. Isif Committed Player

Rifle has always been good to me. As a troll, I started with dual pistols and migrated to the MA clap/spin in the Mastery days. The rifle was my answer to kick the meta. I will say that your hit counter is probaby higher with MA. Rifle has a different feel to it because the moveset is based upon distance to targets and stick direction. Trying them all is the answer.

Like a wise man once said,

"In the hands of a true master, anything can become a deadly weapon. A weapon is as good as the wielder him or herself. A great weapon of which one speaks can be rendered useless against a superior enemy." -Splinter
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I loved spamming Shuriken Storm but eventually it started to trigger a cramp in my hand so I switched to HB. I'm gonna give Dual Pistols another week and than swap out for Rifle.
    • Like x 2
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

dont know but just wanted to say how much i miss my double counters on pistols
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

dual wields to flurry shot works well
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not interested in weapon mastery combos, they don't restore power and require too many investments. I'm only looking at basic DP or Rifle combos.
    • Like x 1
  18. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Slip Shot, Loft Shot, Magnum Shot and Full Auto are pretty much the bread and butter for mobility.
    Jump Shot is the slowest attack out of all the Dual Pistol Combos.
    Lunge Strike is pretty good for interruptions.
    As Dual Pistols attack rather quickly, power issues should be minimal.

Rifle is naturally slower, so it hits harder as a result. Also think it's a recommended weapon to use in multi-target situations.
    Grenades are capable of hitting multiple targets at the same time.
    Back Flipping helps you get out of dangerous AOE ranges.
    Roll Forward helps close in targets that are normally out of range.
    Mortar and Flamethrowers are special range detectors, and Mortar is useful as a range Damage source.
    Mortar occurs when you're trying to do Flip Burst and you're too far away.
    Flamethrower happens when you're too close and attempt to execute Rolling Barrage.
    Stick to Hold Left, and Tap Left, Hold Left for interruptions. Other Rifle combos are rather too slow for their own good.
    However Rifle can link up with Dual Pistol for additional ranged options via Full Auto + Slip Shot, being extensions of the Hold Range Up + Down inputs to Hold Range respectively.