Fixed The One Who Waits Elite - Batman Who Laughs is currently bugged.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Siramez, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Siramez Well-Known Player

There is a "mechanic" that make you dance and unable to do anything, including breaking out, and i think its overlapping the red smoke phases, so it is impossible to beat the boss right now.

UPDATE: it is also happening in normal too...
    • Like x 7
  2. Soul Dedicated Player

Another Update: Our league did finish this with 2 tanks and mass density spamming, but it also took 90 mins and tons of RNG luck with the "dancers" not being the healer.. I doubt that's the intended way to finish this content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Yep just tried to do this with a solid PUG and none of us could get out of the dancing/controlled debuff. Fight was nothing like ObsidianChill's test vid from a few weeks ago.
  4. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Was with a solid PUG and we were stuck on the second boss fight and gave up after 45 minutes.

There's a mechanic that forces you to dance that you can't break out of and you will die. Didn't see anything like this in ObsidianChill's test vid either. Didn't help my audio went out...

There's a thread up in the bug section too.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

This is fixed in next hotfix. Slated for the AM if the stars align. 1) only in elite 2) can break out like normal CC
    • Like x 4
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Second boss is Batman who laughs. The one that makes you do an emote is the final boss. During that phase an image will pop up above your head. After it is shown (for a good amount of time) your loadout will change and in the loadout you will see the same image that was above your head. You have to hit that button to get out without damage.

Even if you miss the button it will only ever take 90ish% of your health away. A healer will be able to heal all of the damage before the phase returns. Kill adds to start the phase again. Repeat a few time (3 times I think).

The next phase starts. 2 dice will appear. 2 people will need to grab the die and break it (hit melee). They will be given a number which appears over their heads. The individual who broke the die will have to hit the cogs on the bombs depending on their number. If they got a 1 they get 1 cog. If they got 2 than they hit 2 cogs. If they get 3 they get 3 cogs. Etc.

For every extra bomb you hit they will explode. So if you rolled 1 and get 3 cogs than the 2 extra you hit will explode and heavily damage the players. On the other hand if you do t hit the amount required, the remaining bombs will also explode. So if you rolled a 3 but only get 1 bomb than they explode and the group takes damage.

After the dps get their cogs there will normally be bombs remaining. Let the timers on the bombs run out and after the timer runs out you can destroy the bombs.

For the final phase, break the boxes that fall from the sky while abiding the balls.

And you finish. Easy
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

I think he means the gas aoe from Batman who laughs
  9. BumblingB I got better.

The permastun will be fixed in tomorrow's patch. It was supposed to be an Elite only mechanic, but it ended up in normal and event versions.

If you have a healer, they can heal you through it, but they have to make sure they don't get hit. So watch for the clouds.

OR

As you said, just wait until tomorrow to do the alert.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just to add to the issue. I was in a short time ago, and when team members died on this fight, they had no pickup circle above their head and no button to push if you stood there. And this was reg, not Elite, so it's not just the 1 rez counter being bugged.

A 3rd visit to the alert worked fine, and we were able to beat it....but yeah, the smoke+Dancing means either 2 heals go, or your heal better be a beast with good timing to throw a strong HOT right before dancing to keep upright.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea we sat on that boss for over 2 hours yesterday and got him so close over and over that gas makes it just a rng to if you will get permastuned and survive or not
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ooooo that one. Isn’t there a button input command for it? I’ve only been hit 1x but I was able to drink a cola and was fine. But yea that one can get a little annoying.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

as is that boss is no joke I wasted hours in there last night
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

As for avoiding it.
    A leaguemate just finished the alert. If you're quick enough you can role out without the stun and the damage.
    Once in elite when the healer gets into it, its a wipe :D
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hold off on instances in general for a few days, stuff like this always happens somehow.
    • Like x 1
  16. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Headmod at some level I can´t remember which will reduce toxin damage by 15%, might make it more doable on elite.
  17. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Nothing kills a pug group quicker than a simple puzzle. Great.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed now.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed now - both the mechanic only showing up in elite, and such that you can breakout again.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Did you know about and address the no pickup issue on BWL?