Fixed Crash fighting bounties in open world

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by DeitySupreme, Dec 9, 2021.

1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

She needs to be taken down till it's fixed I've been kicked 4 times just being in the area.
    • Like x 1
  2. arcfussion Well-Known Player

I have crashed several times fighting robots in Giganta's general area. PS4 US server
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we have identified the issue.
    • Like x 1
  4. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

It's also crashing on xbox one. I got booted 5 times fighting Giganta.
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

hmmm, i clicked the vendor in Washington and DC'd. i did see someone say Giganta is up shortly before that.
    I had viewed the vendor item earlier without issue.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...I generally take it pretty easy day 1 or 2. Just check out the area, vendor, feats maybe look for collections and briefs...Yeah, I'd probably have gone after her once today...but no big loss. I always kind of figure day 1 stuff is a wash....and I'm super used to the PS crashing, so again...nothing unusual there. Thanks for the warning though.
    • Like x 1
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Back in the day, we had a rule of thumb. Don't play on the first day a DLC drops. Glitches, crashes, Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, were all nightmares. I used to take the opportunity to catch up on that wacky Jughead's latest adventures.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are testing the fix. The crash is specific to one of Giganta's attacks - which apparently the consoles cannot handle in an open world setting.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can confirm this. It’s a specific attack that does cause crashes. At first it seemed random or maybe there were to many players but after the 4th crash I saw it was happening when she attacked. And it is a wide attack for anyone in a moderate rage. If you can see her while she does it than you are to close and will crash.
  10. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Happened to me twice and I'm sure a third time if I let but I am done playing for the day just a buggy mess as expected . I am on PS4 if that helps the devs but I will give this dlc a go tomorrow if I have time.
  11. The Game Well-Known Player

That's exactly what it is. It's one of her skull attacks thats causing the crash.
  12. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Usually from playing this game so long, I am accustomed to being booted after a DLC drops and I give it time because I know itll occur less after a few days.

Today I got booted 11 times within 2 minutes. My wifi is 100% straight. Whenever I go fight Gorilla Grodd or Giganta I just get booted and freeze.

I'm going to renew my membership I just hope this can be fixed. Really want to grind this dlc
  13. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

It's working well now.
  14. Irmensul Well-Known Player

I crashed seven or more times last night trying to fight Giganta..the phase wasnt full..it was embarrassing & annpoying as I was trying to introduce my brother to the game..
    He seemed to feel it was a localised thing around Giganta as fighting Grodd we had no problems..
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was able to do it earlier on an alt who still needed the mission. It seems fixed. Didn’t do at all. Bad timing unfortunately to show your brother the game.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed now.
  17. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Yeah it was bad timing..only one dc tonight & some mktplace cash that didnt go on (first time this has happened in recent memory)..Ive opened a support ticket..Other than that all good ranked up the op neck a couple ranks,maxed out 4 augments