Changing weapons on DCUO takes a long time!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In most other MMORPGs, changing weapons is a simple task, you just have to go to the vendor and buy the weapon of your choice with gold coins, but in DCUO, it's far from being that simple and if you want to change your weapon, it's really long to get the amount of money you need and it's a sacrifice of your hard-earned DLC currency, especially for those who don't have an easy time using the repeat tokens.

Shouldn't this be changed to make the weapon more easily accessible to change, when the player needs to change the weapon for various reasons of their own?

Could the idea of secondary currency finally be useful for the change of weapon?
  2. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Surely there must be a reason you still play this game? Something positive maybe? Can we discuss that topic instead of the daily complaint?
    • Like x 13
  3. SpyderBite Active Player

Are you talking about different weapons for the same role or for a different role on the same character? I guess I don't really understand what it is that you're asking for.
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Play other things than DCUO and you will see that there is a lot to change on DCUO that could be better and if I am still here it may be because there are not 50 MMORPGs on. the DC universe!

Mainly for the DPS role, imagine if we want to go from might dps to precision dps, if currently the weapon is not good for precision gameplay, we must change the weapon for a more optimized weapon with preicsion gameplay
    • Like x 1
  5. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

I complain a lot and even I think you’re just wracking your brain for any minor inconvenience. If you’re switching from might to precision, it’s not something you’d be doing all the time. There are only two viable weapons for precision. If you do want to switch from might to precision on the fly, that’s what armories are for.
    • Like x 7
  6. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Does anyone genuinely take the OPs threads seriously anymore? Anyone?

I'm honestly past the point of caring if the OP is offended by a question like that because he/she is doing themselves more harm than good at this stage without any caution anyway. There's a massive difference between "getting people talking about issues" and "manifesting imaginary exaggerated problems to fill up ones day". I'm all for the former, and completely against the latter.

The Thread subject is not an issue. Case closed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Maybe, but it's still 70 mark of DLC currency (taking the cost of the weapon for the last DLC as an example) this loss could have been put to better use elsewhere.

Like any MMORPG or drift, the weapon should be able to be changed more easily, frequent change or no weapon this should not have an impact on this possibility!
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You really shouldn’t be spending on a vendor weapon until you are sure which one you want. Until than the green and blue weapon boxes drop often enough to try out different weapons. Alternatively you can also hope on to the test server and try out different weapons. And what do you mean by repeat token? Are you talking about a weapon respec token? Why are you even using one to change weapons? All you need to do is add skill points into the weapon you want to use. Than you can buy that weapon or open boxes to that chosen weapon. The weapon respec token is completely not needed at all. Unless you think that 1 SP is worth that money.

Out of everything going on with the game, changing weapons isn’t even an issue at all.
    • Like x 5
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I solved this issue by "buying multiple weapons or keeping multiple weapons from drop boxes" and "spending a few extra SP on a permanent tree in build so I can access the spare weapon whenever I want". It's really not an issue with a lot of moving parts, unless you're running a character with 10 SP.

It doesn't work this way in other MMOs because in other MMOs, by and large, combat is more of a "click stuff and get damage" proposal and HOW you actually move in a fight is secondary to the PFTT / 1 2 3 Damage! method.
    • Like x 2
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

This right here. If you're hitting the lockouts daily, you're going to have extra marks left over at the end of an episode. As a prec player, I tend to have one vendor and one purple weapon by the end of an episode, since the difference in output isn't astronomical.

If all else fails and you want to switch playstyles, you can wait until the next episode and plan out your vendor buys if you MUST have a vendor weapon. So many gamers these days would fail the marshmallow test....
    • Like x 2
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Sure for elite content it can be a grind but otherwise the green/blue weapon boxes drop like everything else. I tend to sit on them if they don't better my current weapon. Then if I get bored or want to switch things up I respec and try a different weapon.

If you like it then you grind out the marks for the vendor weapon, but that's the same grind whether you change it or not.

EDIT: I should have read before posting, this is pretty much what most other ppl are saying
    • Like x 3
  12. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I was wondering what your daily complaint post would be about.

Switching weapons when changing between might and precision? Easy solution. Buy the appropriate weapon for precision and then use it when you go might as your weapon type has no impact on might. Problem solved.

If you think before you spend your DLC currency, you don't have to waste it.
    • Like x 7
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

We need a new category…”Aduzar’s Wonderland”

Ya know we really need an option to invert the game image on the screen…those of us that perch upside down like bats are at a distinct disadvantage!
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sometimes I don't think we all downloaded the same game.
    • Like x 9
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Everyday the same guy whining over fake facts he invented.
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im not following as long as your speced for a weapon you can change when ever you want.

and besides that games are different and not all the same not sure were the confusion lies

ok so reading your replies you must be talking about the purchased endgame weapon EASY solution USE a droped one there not rare and 1-3 CR levels DO NOT make that big of a diffrence

YOU THE PLAYER MAKE THE DIFFRENCE
    Skill trumps all stats
    • Like x 2
  17. Shalayah Committed Player

All you need is a weapon box, a respec machine and 500 cash lol.

Shouldn’t take too long to get all 3.
    • Like x 2
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

afterwards I mainly mention this for the seller of equipment stuff including the weapon, not for the stuff that falls on mobs or bosses.
  19. Shalayah Committed Player

Oh ok makes sense. I mean how often do you need to change your weapon style? I personally wouldn’t invest 90+ marks into something if I know I’m going to rotate weapons.

For might players you shouldn’t really need a weapon outside of the one skill point you put in your weapon when creating your character, and for prec there’s only 2 viable weapons right now lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

You have already answered your question in your second paragraph.

The possible weapon changes can be related to a shift between might and precision with viable weapons for precision, if you are determined to make this type of change, you will be required to choose a weapon that allows you to properly play the weapon. precision gameplay.

For others, it may just be a personal urge to switch weapons for some personal reason.

All I'm saying is to simply allow players a free change of weapons, as long as the individual has bought the weapon once, at the limit, if it costs anything, it could just be a sum of money $.

Everyone should have the right to change weapons as they wish, without needing to defend that reason !