Celestial DPS I need help !!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Raikam, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Raikam New Player

I have celestial might dps toon. But im not sure about my loadout. If you are know celestial might loadout please help me. Thanks in advance. By the way my main language is not English. If I said wrong something im sorry...
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 3
  3. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

First off never apologize because English isn't your 1st language. The attempt at any 2nd language is more than most would attempt. And its a very good attempt too. Good job.

Secondly, tell us what your current Loadout and Rotation is. That way we can see whats right and whats wrong and explain it better. Dont worry about any power name mistranslations either, they're usually close enough to guess anyway.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raikam New Player

Thanks. I'll try <3
    My ST Loadout : PcDL > DLcP > CScWotP (x2) > Defile and repeat. But im trying new something loadout.
    PcDL > BcA > CScWotP and Defile for boss. I use this loadout for st and aoe(both).

I have 3 armory but i wanted try. Have you a any advice ?
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

This is my go to loadout for my celestial dps.

Plague
    Divine Light
    Death Mark
    Defile
    Freezing Breath
    Heat Vision

Arts are Solar Amplifier, Lernaea's Amulet, Flex Spot

Freezing Breath is super strong if you know how to use it. It's both good for single and AOE. Heat Vision is another and even stronger with the art. Both iconics are versatile. Plague full combo and Divine Light initial activation are incredibly strong. Having amulet makes it even stronger. The amulet also helps your death mark shield explode so you can do damage to your enemies.

4 powers are beneficial to my build and they are Plague (full combo), Divine Light, Freezing Breath and Heat Vision. There's many ways you can go about it such as getting the sheep arts like Strat and Trans lol it's pretty fun to have a mini fake shield like death mark exploding because of your amulet. I never use armories as I always try to find the best jack of all trades loadout. Never have issues and it's strong and fun. A pet build arts on celestial is pretty fun to just need to worry about your power management. Having Cyborg as your ally should help.
  6. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Sometimes its the simple things that work best. A lot of times people will try to jam their ST Loadout with AoE or Melee powers and it just slows their dmg rather than helps. In most content, you should be too far away from Bosses for Blight/Admonish to be useful, or even hit.

Try this in your next raid for your ST Rotation: Plague (+Combo) -> Consume Soul (+Combo) -> Defile -> Repeat

Couple of tips about the Loadout-

- None of the powers apply Celestials PI. Having the Grim Artifact equipped and levelled is a MUST. (Unless Cleansed Plague does apply PI but i'm not 100% sure it does)

- If you don't have Grim, start every rotation with Retribution without Combo-ing it. Replace a Shield Power (see below) with Retribution.

- The other Power/Artifact i'd recommend for it is Heat Vision + Solar Amplifier. This is a Backup Power. If you get stunned or knocked down during any Celestial Combo's, Heat Vision is here to make up dmg while waiting for Plagues cooldown to end, otherwise its just the 3 powers above on repeat.

- I usually add in a Shield and an SC to make up the full Loadout. Shield can either be Blessing or Hard Light. These are Emergency Only Shields. To help you pick up a fallen Tank or others without being interrupted by dmg. The Shields wont last long though so make them count. SC is really down to 2, Neo Venom or Cursed Idol (without EoG). Personally i'd recommend Cursed Idol as Celestial Combo's taking so long don't mix well with Neo Venom. Cursed Idol isn't exactly "great", but it still apply's ticks of dmg in between Celestial Combo's, which is at least something.
    • Like x 1
  7. Raikam New Player

Thanks for advice. This loadout is good work. Well, do you have any advice for AoE or can this loadout also be used for AoE?
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

For my dps aoe:
    Plaque combo, clipped to divine, then either wrath combo (if close range) x2, or wither combo X2, rsk.

ST: Heat vision, divine, consume, defile, consume, repeat. Rsk and neo Vernon boost.
    • Like x 2
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Celestial is such a cool looking power.
    • Like x 3
  11. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Sorry for the late reply, got busy.

AoE is a bit odd with Celestial. The power has really interesting ST powers but when in comes to AoE the adds either have to be grouped tight together, you have to be too close to the adds, or Celestial is reliant on adds dying and "passing on" dmg. So compared to other AoE Powers its like it lags behind a bit.

Anyway the best AoE build I could find that works is Pale Rages build above:
    Divine (+Combo) -> Plague (+Combo) -> Wither (+Combo) x2

or you can replace Wither (+Combo) x2 with Heat Vision (With Solar Amp 200) -> Wither (No Combo)

If you're running that AoE build without a Grim Artifact, always cast Divine Light before Plague, as Divine Light applies Celestials PI so Plague will hit harder.
    • Like x 2
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

You can almost tell if the load out is good by the way it’s written any more lol. Ima save this for my lil 100cr celestial if they ever make alts friendlier
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Just a note on that as well, the corrupted version of divine will also apply PI.

I start off with plaque (combo), then just cast divine (for the extra hit and dot) then go to wither or wrath. By the time you get that rotation in, most adds are dead or so close that one more wrath or wither will drop them. The divine combo, for me, is too time consuming to be viable. Not that it would not work for someone using a different artifact setup.
    • Like x 2
  14. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

I was wondering about that. Have had a Celestial alt for ages now but never bothered testing that 1 thing, or kept forgetting about it.

So when you say "corrupted divine", considering all Celestial abilities are basically 2 abilities in 1 do you mean:
    - Plague combo'd into the Dark Divine with tap hold tap? or
    - Divine combo'd into Bright Plague with tap hold tap?
    • Like x 1
  15. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Hey What's Up I Recently Started A Celestial Toon
    Basically From Scratch He Was In The Lower 100s Of CR

Its Real Fun If Your Into Combos I Have A Question Of My Load Out
    I'm Not A Real Scoreboard Chaser But I'm Usually 2 or 3rd Place & Not By Much Either If Same CR

Is This Good My Load Out Is
    Divine Light, Haunt, Consume Soul, Plaugue, Smite & Sacred Light. I'm Not Into Iconic For This Toon

My Arts Are Strat, Trans & Grim
    Any Suggestions For Me?

All Replies Are Appreciated
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Plaque combo into dark divine. Any of the powers that apply PI on the light side, will also apply it on the dark side (from it's respective combo) as well, like wither into retribution.

For healing, for example, plague combo into divine will still give you that nice big heal.
    • Like x 2
  17. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Great thanks. Might have to look into another artifact so, grim was mainly around for the PI so this opens up a few options. Suspected it worked like this but kept forgetting to test it out.

Appreciated :)
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup this is correct. If you see a yellowish aura/ring around your target it means that they have the PI up. So plaque comboed into divine will set up the pi. I really only use divine for the extra damage and not for the PI.

For AoE I pretty much use 3 loadouts. First is for longer lasting adds like elite raids. Its:

Plaque (into divine light)
    Divine light (no combo)
    Admonish (into blight)
    Blight (into admonish)
    Robot sidekick
    Supercharge

The dot from dark divine, divine, admonish, and dark admonish really revs up the strat procs but again, this is mostly for longer lasting adds

For regular adds I’ll replace blight for wrath of the presence and fill in the same rotations. Depending on health if enemies I will skip admonish and go straight to wrath.

For mac range celestial can fall a little father behind unfortunately. I use:
    Plaque (into divine)
    Divine (no combo)
    Wither (into retribution)
    Freezing breath
    Robot sidekick
    Supercharge

Wither is just a rotation filler. Celestial doesn’t really have a great max range short combo ability so wither just fills the gaps similar to how I use bombardment for rage. (Thou rage hits a lot harder at max range than celestial)

For single target I’m using:
    Plaque (into divine)
    Divine light (into plaque)
    Consume soul (no combo)
    Heat vision (I jump cancel heat vision as needed to line up the cooldown of plaque)
    Robot sidekick
    Supercharge

I haven’t test much with celestial in a while so there may be better updated ones floating about.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

I think Celestial hasn’t really changed since revamp honestly.

PcDL and DL are your hard hitters. After those you can decide if you want more Dots or burst (AcB / WotpcCS). BcA is a strong burst, but needs some positioning. :)

That’s for adds. You can even argue going 2 SC without RS and use EoG (+ both cards) when having eog healer.

For ST I haven’t made my choice.
    PcDL, DL(maybe with combo), HV, CS and Defile are all great ST options and I think celestial has the nice situation where different options work really close to eachother. Just missing some love for good SCs.. :(
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

For single target, I use:
    Divine (no combo), heat vision, consume (no combo), defile, consume, heat vision recasting divine when it's ready. Plus rsk.

Might be about the same output as what you have give or take.