Devs, please tell me why there are no voices if you choose another language.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hugojheredia, Jul 18, 2020.

1. hugojheredia Active Player

Please I would like to know why those of us who choose a language other than English cannot hear the voices. In other words, I know that there are no voices in another language for many years, in fact I prefer the original language, but if we choose another language for the subtitles, the menus, the detail of the missions, item description... the game has no voices , they are mute. This problem has existed for many years. And above, seeing that the version of Switch DOES have the voices in English with subtitles in different languages, I wonder why we can't have it on PC or consoles. Is it because of a software, programming or technical problem that they are not allowed? If so, I will understand, but please I need an explanation.
    Anyway thanks for the subtitles in other languages. Very few MMOs do this.
    • Like x 9
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Because they would have to pay voice actors for every language the game offers. At some point they decided that was not a worthwhile investment since the vast majority of the games population is English speaking
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

Did you read the whole post or just the tittle of the thread?
    OP wants subtitles in their mother language and voices in english.
    • Like x 4
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Megzilla Developer

I'm asking about this.
    • Like x 6
  6. hugojheredia Active Player

I assume you had the same answer they gave me every time I asked about it: NONE xD
    • Like x 1
  7. nicolaIII New Player

I just started playing and I plan to buy all the dlc but this problem makes me hesitate

8. Megzilla Developer

Team is looking into it
    • Like x 3
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I have spanish text and language and only the early dlcs were dubbed.
    It would be nice to have different options for text and language and select english audio, to have proper audio when playing the latest episodes.
    • Like x 2
  10. KERVER New Player

I pay a subscription and receive a game without audio in the dialogues?

Please post the English audio with subtitles in other languages
    • Like x 1
  11. hugojheredia Active Player

Hi @Megzilla. any news about it? ;)
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Yet as French people, before, we were entitled to the French voices that existed in cartoons (if I don't get confused), which for us was incredible, I really regret this loss.

Maybe if Daybreak would stop resting on their laurels and stop firing people at all costs, they could return DC Universe Online to its former glory and don't make me believe that it's a money problem anymore in view of the recent revelations made about the gambling activity by the players !!
  13. nicolaIII New Player

I would like that in future plans for 2021 an option can be added to have the texts in Spanish (or any other language) and the audio in English :D
    • Like x 1
  14. hugojheredia Active Player

ZzZzZzZz :(
    • Like x 1
  15. CéIia New Player

Yes indeed, it would be really nice if you could act on that please

For 2022 I would say now (well let's hope so) but I agree with that too
    • Like x 1