So i have cancelled my membership...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Skybreen7 Level 30

I sub month to month so can just bail whenever. Currently working on my healer armory so seals are useful for now, after that membership offers nothing off value other than the 21 day style reward.

That 21 day reward is also a sore spot now, admittedly I really wanted the fate helmet, but imagine been a loyal member and paying your membership... logging in each day and then claiming that reward, just to find out the nickel and dime developer changes you in the form of replays to unlock that membership reward style on all your other toon.

That's some grade A welcoming support right there .. thanks for taking my membership and slapping me in the face with it.

Light on the horizon though, Sony and Insomnic and the rumor going around there, and since Insomnic just put a call out for MMO engineer's... hope is looking good and it's a sad fact that the decisions the developers are making in this game push me away and make me hype for a game not even announced or in development, that's how low this game is getting.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

One goes out, one comes in.

I'll be subbing up on the 29th. One, I need the Destiny Tokens for some Seals of Completion. Two, I could use the extra Ally Favor. Three, with the BF/Holiday sale coming up, the extra Marketplace discount is really nice. I think I'll be buying more inventory and bank slots this year. I believe those rarely go on sale nowadays, so yeah... Marketplace discount will be put to use.
    • Like x 2
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

TBH I only cancelled mine because dollar to BRL is 1:6 and it would be ridiculously expensive, specially as I'm currently bankrupt.
  4. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I sub month to month also. I genuinely enjoy the game and I want to support it, so I try to stay subbed. I do love the fact that I don't feel like I HAVE to sub to play seriously anymore though. That is what the devs were going for and I think they accomplished it.

The destiny tokens are essentially another 500 MC or loyalty points. I know that there are people on both sides of the fence as well as people who hang out "in the middle".
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I had 2, I now have 1.2 (I'll probably sub every OTHER month on the PC account to get the 2 months of daily grants...and catch the anniversary gift when that hits). Honestly I've hardly noticed the difference as the now premium account has the cash I wanted before, full ep access and I have no need for more than 6 toons as I barely get to play 2 or 3 most weeks.

On BF/Cyber sale, if inv/bank slots are for sale, I might buy some...that's honestly the biggest impact to dropping sub. It took me a few days to move things around to prep for the loss of the 3 rows of each.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've said it before, I'll say it again: for what I get in return out of this game, a tenner a month is a bargain. you can say what you want about the ins & outs of the update, but the changes to membership were solid gold.
    • Like x 5
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

I think the membership benefits are fine. I disagree with the management of the game and the direction it is being led. I hoped the pros would finally outweigh the cons after HoL but nope, not in my opinion. There are plenty of other games to play and this one has plenty of whales to support it. They do not need me or my money.
    • Like x 1
  8. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

It’s sad, isn’t it? They know that if they put desirable cosmetics behind a paywall that the whales will keep them afloat. They have no real reason to improve the game. If DCUO had the player base of FFIV or ESO, the backlash to the terrible management and shoddy implementation of nearly everything would at least hit news outlets and force the devs to try harder.
    • Like x 1