What Allies Are You Running And Why?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dead Reckon, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Hi All,

Just trying to get an idea as to what Allies everyone is running and why. I currently have not invested a lot into Allies yet.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cyborg/HoL Bot/TBD
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Main has: Batman as combat, flash and cyborg as passives

My alts have: HoL as combat, and flash and cyborg as passives

My baby toons have: HoL as combat and orcl as passive. No other passive. But will probably switch HoL as passive and calc as combat.
  4. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Right now I have Calc as my main, and Oracle & Cyborg as my two passives.
  5. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Since allies have different passives that are better for situations and because I have limited money to buy all the legendary allies, I make do with a short list for my different needs. First and foremost, I have Cyborg as a support ally (at level 5) for power regeneration. I don't really need power for my healer or dps, but it allows me to be a little more reckless. So here's a rundown of the different changes I might make depending on situation.

Soloing Open World Bosses: Combat Ally - Professor Zoom (grabs any spawned adds and gets them off me), Support 1- FP Batman (use his heal, which is probably broken because it provides a huge heal every 20 seconds. His defense buff doesn't "feel" like it does much against big hits.)
    Healing any content: Combat Ally - FP Batman (looks cool), Support 1 - Professor Zoom (extra speed to follow tanks/dps that runs ahead of group, lol)
    Solo/Duos: Combat Ally - Professor Zoom (I don't need his zoomies here, just groups adds together for pew pew), Support 1 - FP Batman (Defense buff - 15%)
    DPS Comp (any alert/raid): Combat Ally - FP Batman (looks cool), Support 1 - Professor Zoom (first to pew pew)
    Duel (limited attempts): Same setup as "Soloing Open World Bosses"

My alt earth tank uses Cyborg for power regeneration, which allows him to spec in as hybrid and still maintain power relatively easily. If I need more power, I use Hall of Legends Bot in the other passive spot. If the power is not needed (power troll in group) or if the healer is sus, I use Calculator Bot for some heals. His combat ally is whichever of the 2 (HoL Bot or Calc Bot) is not needed for passive. I'm not paying any money for FP Aquaman as he is now, and I would never pay for something with merely the hope that it will get better. I would consider FP Diana, but too many rumors of being broken is a deal breaker.

All my other alts were just given Cyborg at level 4 to get the power regeneration as a passive ally and nothing else; you can imagine that barely at-level alts who exist simply to farm content currency for my main lack in the ability to maintain their own power levels. All new ally favor is saved for a future "better" ally option or to my main to level FP Batman one full level at a time.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I haven't done anything with Allies yet because I wasn't really impressed by any of the abilities. Now that they announced Nubia I will be using her for her second ability.
    • Like x 2
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

HoL bot for damage
    why? It was free an does decent boss damage and looks cool
    Cyborg for passive
    why? It was free and has a useful passive if it works (its underwhelming enough i cant tell the dif)
    Calc bot for other passive
    why? It was free and what else would i take? Still underwhelming enough i cant tell if it works but hey, they are free so who cares)
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorcery main: cyborg damage, aquaman 2nd passive for pets, Zoom passive.
    Ice tank alt: oracle for damage, calcbot and HoL for passives
    Munitions alt: calc bot damage, oracle and HoL passive
    Water alt: HoL damage, calc and oracle passives
  9. The OmniScrooge Level 30

Power & Buff Troll: Flash or Zoom for Combat (just the best picks since Cyborg is used for passive); Cyborg & HoL for passive (with current specs and passive allies I never run out of power, even if I do, it's regained really quick through neck mods & stuns)
    Battle Troll & DPS: Cyborg for Combat; Calc & Oracle passive
    (I used to really like the Flash/Zoom combo for speed on Battle & DPS but ultimately decided Calc/Oracle served better unless if I wanted to do a speed-run)

Water Healer: Calc for Combat & Cyborg for power reg. Water healer is spec'd to be a healer-only so no need to level up allies

No interest in legendaries atm due to the high $$$ but Nubia passives is looking interesting from a Buff Troll & DPS perspective. Probably get her once I've farmed enough favors to get her. Not in a rush tho.
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Cyborg for damage,flash and zoom for the speed boosts
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Support 1: Cyborg

Why? Well, more power regeneration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other ally spots....umm..idk...whatever you want.

(I have him maxed out and even in FRe ((no troll)) I went all out spamming my power bar for electric heals and I honestly almost ran out BUT it kept refilling at a fast rate so when damage-in took a break____my power bar went up lots, and when PHR popped it jumped by 20% and Omegahedron helped out too!)
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Even if 1% defense isn't much, tanks have a lot so wouldn't 1% still be better than zero? I mean allies aren't supposed to give you the edge over everything meaning you can't go wrong in which allies you pick.
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Cyborg, Flash, Oracle Bot. Depending on if I am playing support or not, I will switch Cyborg to support and use Flash for combat due to the power regen. If I am DPS, I use Cyborg because he has good damage on both multi-target and single target, and utilize the walk-it-off enate Flash has. Oracle stays support for gear repair.

Do not plan on using the legendary allies as of yet, however, Aquaman's support enate appears to be decent.
  14. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Did they ever fix Queen Diana for tanking? How good is Nubia?

Main Cyborg/oracle/Zoom

HealerFlash/Brainiac/Oracle

troll Zoom/Brainic/Oracle

I haven't used Ally favor in a long time because I prefer to save source marks for artifacts. Only reason I can think of for NOT getting cyborg yet for the other 2.

Up for any advice 140000 unused ally favor
  15. DanielH New Player

I haven't bothered yet. I'm waiting for some version of Lex Luthor.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Tank I have Batman for damage (just cuz)
    Nubia for support (block counter heal)
    Diana for support (pull precision debuff)

Dps I have hol bot combat (because it’s broke and does way more dmg than other Allie’s)
    Nubia for support (break out might buff)
    Cyborg for support (power back)

Some are definitely more useful than others, but it’s all situational, pick what you like and think looks cool.
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

if you are not using cyborg for damage your are doing it wrong, he has the best damage of all the allies , i know this because i tested them all on the test server.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Everyone is fully aware he does the most damage. It doesn’t mean he must be used as combat. His passive is arguably the best passive as well. Some powers really struggle on power. So for them having cyborg as passive let’s them use full loadouts instead of having to settle on a lower power cost just to fill a rotation.
    • Like x 4
  19. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

My Fire Tank: Flash for damage. Cyborg for power and Calculator for heal.
  20. Requake Dedicated Player

So... does Cyborg beat the House of legends bot on a boss?
    Have you tested this specifically on test?