Counter Feats vs Alts vs Money Spent on DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Oct 30, 2021.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Maybe I’m just over thinking, but I wonder if the Devs take into consideration the relationship between counter feats and Alt Characters and the Money paying Customers spend on DCUO/Alts.

I’m DCUOs #1 fan. Is DCUO perfect? Nope. But nothing is perfect. But I find myself having to make a very tough choice. Do I grind the counter feats with 1 character? When that happens, I spend VERY Little money on DCUO. (Not really complaining here) I just run the same content over and over and over. My Alts get little to no Love. (I have 32 Character) Most, not all can play end game content.

When I am not challenged by counter feats, I drop money on arts, replay badges etc… with my Alts. But what is the point of spending money on all of my alts if I don’t use them often enough to drop money on them? (Looking at you Save the Universe Counter Feats) Then to make it worse, the Devs have put a time limit on it. (I know it will return eventually) but what is the point of pulling it off to begin with?

I am probably rambling at this point, but I gotta express my opinion. I don’t like Counter Feats. If you insist on Counter feats, don’t make the game feel like endless work. DCUO in general needs to be fun, not dreadful work to accomplish these feats.

I know, what most will say… don’t run the counter feats then! I understand your point (but when you are over 650 sp, it’s almost a MUST that you finish all the feats.

Anyone else feel this way?

I am not quitting or leaving DCUO, just almost to the point of letting go of SP and just play. Just a shame that I spent a HUGE amount of money on this game, and feel obligated to note use the characters that are Maxed. (Guess that’s my fault)
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That's the way to go IMO. I have 639 and I've resigned several feats to the "never gonna be completed" category. I'm not gonna do 75 more iconic solos. I'm not gonna do 150 more CC bounties or bottled duos. I'm not gonna farm 4,000 more open world nodes (would be a lot more if I didn't CR skip my bank toon) and I'm not gonna do 250 StU raids, alerts or solo/duos. C'est la Vie.
  3. MiLady Well-Known Player

I feel the same way. I like to play with several alts, but by doing so, my skill point progression has slowed. It would be nice to have a way so that time playing can make a difference with skill points. If I only play 1 character, then I can really get my skill points up, but at the expense of my alts falling behind with episode currency, gear, artifacts, and now allies.

Hopefully the devs will make some beneficial enhancements for alt playing accounts.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I am just glad I am not the only player that has this issue. I am not really sure why counter feats are individual character bound? Why can’t the counter feats just stack amount all account characters?
    • Like x 1
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Heres what i will say about alts an SP.
    My main gets all focus. Max cr (full elite and OP item as fast as possible) extra currency just in case etc. its got close to 550’sp now (which is almost 2x whats actually needed and functional and my alt gets full reg gear and arts may or may not get touched during 2x events and has 135 sp.
    I solo heal everything non-elite with 0 issues except the incredibly stupid that die anyway due to amulet or running ahead etc.
    so do NOT stress ur alts. Just clearing daily crap an the raid on e a week is more than sufficient to stay geared up and 135+ sp is plenty to do ur job. Alts just aint that serious
    • Like x 1
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hmmm,

I'd say maybe step back and try to think of it in a different perspective.

Time is money.

I recently tried to break this point down to show how time can be wasted.

Add up them longevity feats and determine how many SP you will have once completed.

Then look at simpler feats, that can be gained in an hour or 5 minutes or times shorter than having to run something in 30-60-90 days to obtain.

Factor in the amount of RB that can be used to obtain the feats that take time on an alt.

More than likely, from what I can tell, a person don't want to waste RB on easy feats even if it can take a good amount of time to get the actual feat.

RB cost money especially if buying feats with RB the 3 stars can get rather expensive.

Personally I would spend the RB on feats that take a while, I would not buy the feat if I just wanted to run something like the toyman mission or the battle for earth bottled duos.

As an example.
    • Like x 1
  7. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

It’s not all about the sp. it’s about being able to enjoy all of the powers and roles in DCUO.

I just have to decide which is more important to me I guess. Life would be much easier if the counter feats would be account bound. So I could hop between characters.
    • Like x 2
  8. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Kind of struggling with the issue here and hoping you can clarify?

So your original post points out 2 main details:
    - You don't want to have to do Counter Feats on all 32 characters
    - You normally don't mind dumping money into alts

Feat Unlocking seems like the pinnacle of a solution in this situation. Tbh if you're a Member then you don't need to spend any money at all on a good few of your alts, we all get 150 Replays per month from that. Most Counter Feats have 3 levels, 1* 3* & 5* . So each Counter Feat would cost 9 Replays per alt. So realistically you should be able to Feat Unlock the Counter Feats on 16 characters per month. So i guess the question is, why would we need it to count among alts? And if you want to answer then please keep in mind that the current method of "farm bosses asap" is not actually the correct, nor intended, way of getting the Counter Feats. They're meant to be long-haul Feats, taking months-years.
  9. Darkwalker Active Player

I have to say, I love the idea of having counter feats rack up across the entire account. I'm a very casual player in approach and really enjoy playing a wide range of chars (about 8 at the moment) and it is annoying that to rack up these feats, I'm locked into playing certain chars. I have to feat hunt on certain chars in certain area, one locked into Patchwork Them, one into 31st Cent etc. Once I get the feats, I'll unlock them across all my chars.

I'd love it if you could pay a replay badge cost and the counter is now shared between two chars. Pay on a third char and it's now shared between three. Repeat as your case of alt-itus desires!

We'd all end up paying the same amount in replay badges and it'd give a lot of freedom to certain play styles.
  10. Clintelligence Level 30

Counter feats should just be collectively totalled across the account, instead of per-character. Small and simple changes that cause the paid function of Extra Character Slots to grant the player a better experience instead of a worse one.
    • Like x 3
  11. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

While I hate counter feats more than the next guy, I don't see what money you put into the game has to do with counter feats.

Now a better point would be that all counter feats should be somehow mad account wide, instead of character bound. Because if they were account bound...I'd have the feats done by now.
    • Like x 1
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Feats and SPs will never be account bound because not doing so generates revenue.
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

SHOULD being the operative word. I know it will never be done. But as far as revenue, how many of those feats actually make up the overall DLC SP amount. The answer is not much at all. So actually they won't lose a noticeable amount of money. Or they could make it where for example on the HoL STU counter feats 1-100 is sharable 101-250 is character bound. They could split and it compromise, but then again thats not Daybreak's way. Their way is Cartman I-do-what-I-want, and if we lose players and sub money, we'll make it up with another system like allies.
  14. inferno Loyal Player

This is how I look at all my alts. I enjoy playing various powers and having a toon for every power allows me that luxury without having to spend replay badges. My main is the only one that has access to full potential with SP, augments, artifacts and allies in both roles. 27 of my alts have the basic 100 Sp, 3 level 120 artifacts and moderately amped augments.
  15. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I will try and not mess this up. So please bare with me.

If I feel like I have to lock into one toon based off these “counter feats” I am having to grind and grind the same content. I am not spending money on my Alts. Which I would! Because I love all of my toons! But I refuse to spend money on a toon when I have 250 re-runs because of counter feats on my main.

I don’t have very many more feats to get, so the counter feats and playing Alts are my only options. I know there are bigger problems on the DCUO World, but I can’t just decide what’s more important.