First Ever Broker Trading Phone App

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill, Oct 26, 2021.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

DCUOBroker is a mobile and desktop app to create trade offers for ingame items.
    You can create listings with tags such as WTB, WTS, WTT, Fixed Price/Trade offer and Negotiable Price/Trade offer.
    You can also specify information like price, an item to trade with, title, description and more.
    The app also contains a message section, where you can chat with other users, negotiate, etc.

Important
    You're not allowed to create listings trying to sell accounts or ingame items for real money.
    Also the app is not connected to DCUO ingame broker system, it's more like a trading forum.

Download at App Store (iOS)
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dcuobroker/id1588650596

Download at Play Store (Android)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.dcuobroker

The Windows Desktop version of DCUOBroker is now available at:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P9BW6XD9FX0

• Like x 4
  2. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

Care to explain why your app needs more permissions to a phone than a trojan virus?

[IMG]

The permissions you're asking for here are really sketchy Obsidian...
    • Like x 15
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Cool app. It looks like an interesting new tool for players who don't want to use the broker or these forums or the trade channel in-game. I appreciate you mentioning our terms of service.

We like to support everyone in the community working on projects or discord servers or websites or youtube channels, etc. DCUOBot seems like a very useful app, too, so I look forward to more.

Those permissions do look a little invasive. Perhaps the app creator can stop by directly to address any concerns?

(As mentioned, this app has nothing to do with the DCUO team, and the team has no knowledge of the app's creation. Everyone should always use their best judgment.)

(Oh, and no one should insult each other on these forums. If you believe there is a situation that must escalate to direct insults and whinging, please report the thread and walk away or send me a private message directly so I can tackle the crisis.)
    • Like x 14
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

The person who made it did come in and say they were going to remove the unused permissions from it as the permissions were set to that by default by the tool used to make it since they didn't specify which permissions it needed (it was like the 2nd reply from the 2nd page) but no one seemed to notice.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Because it was a moderated account and Mepps had to approve it. So it showed up way later, like when the thread was on the 10th page.

I still will say that having so many permissions open is not for me.
    • Like x 4
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

That makes sense then.
    When i opened the thread earlier it was on the 11th page, i went back to read and try to understand what happened and ran into it in the 2nd page and the message seemed to have been there since the morning and way before the other 200+ replies the thread had so it was confusing trying to see how it got that far without no one noticing it, but it appearing way later in the day kinda explains that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Grant Gardner Level 30

Yes, it was. It was also of the highest priority to make sure that people do NOT sell their accounts on the app.

Correct. MT Projects isn't doing anything malicious. Period. I believe I addressed this on the now deleted pages about the permissions being there and confirmed about the permissions being remove due to an issue while porting over to the android build. Any app free or paid can be subjected to monetization. It doesn't mean however that MT Projects will do it now, or anytime in the future. There are no plans of that changing nor would it be beneficial for this community. So please, anything in the regard of data is not the true intentions here. Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Not gonna lie, I could create something VERY, VERY, VERY similar and only have two permissions which are:

<uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />

And those two permission don't even need to be asked to be used, since they are normal permissions.
    • Like x 5
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I decompiled the APK, and jesus christ, there are a lot of stuff there a a lot of small permissions too. All this so the user can save their listenings into a database? Seriously...
    • Like x 2
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

So they did not even use Android Studios to make their app? Rip. Those auto generate Android apps plataforms add a lot of giberish and unnecessary stuff.
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You just summed up the entire thread from yesterday imagine that :p
  12. MT1722 New Player

To end the discussion now, I've released an update for the Android app yesterday and the unused permissions got removed.

The app is created with JavaScript, React Native and Expo. React Native/Expo compiles the code to native Android/iOS code on builds and a lot of magic happens during the builds that the developer has no control over.
    • Like x 4
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

The Discord bot he promotes is the same way. I'm in another league's discord, they tried to kick that discord bot and it rejoined on its own. It will even say "Listening to *x amount of discords* sometimes. I mean I never trusted Chill farther than I could throw him, but after seeing this...why the hell would I this stupid app with all of these permissions. I use a texting app that doesn't even need these permissions, which is hilarious when you think about it.

PSA: I suggest to everyone that uses this app that they do not use it without using a good VPN first.
    • Like x 2
  14. HelloKittyPowa Active Player

Did the app stop working for Android? It's been 2 days at least that I have noticed. It's been constantly loading then says error and shows no listings.